Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum41/)
-   -   Lost my pal (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1067855-lost-my-pal.html)

lorolr 05-17-2011 07:30 PM

Lost my pal

2 Attachment(s)
Lost my best pal Gus yesterday..14+ years. Loved to ride in hot rods and hang out in the sprint car pit (as long as he got a hamburger and a beer after the races. Went over and pissed on our driver's race bag one night and my daughter said " Well Chris, I guess you're his bitch now!" He didn't think much of the women that passed through during 13 years of bachelorhood but seemed to take to Roberta last year so I married her! Wanted to know if he got his balls back when he got to heaven and I said of course why do you think it's called heaven?

hellfirejim 05-17-2011 07:33 PM

My deepest sympathy on your loss...... It is hard when they go on ahead of us....

jim
:-tap

eman92082 05-17-2011 07:40 PM

Happened to me recently and I was blessed by all of the postings from this group of folks. I know they will respond for this one as well.

My sympathies

E-Dawgie

firstrider 05-17-2011 07:47 PM

Know how you feel . firstriders_daughter lost her 19 yr. old cocker spaniel today and my old girl keysha ( akita ) who I delivered into this world 13 yrs. ago is not doing well .It just plain sucks .

gdgerland 05-17-2011 07:56 PM

Sorry for your loss.....remember, all dogs go to heaven. (quote) If dogs don't go to heaven, then I want to go to where dogs go.

Gil

havi 05-17-2011 08:03 PM

R.I.P. Gus!

I talk to him when I'm lonesome like; and I'm sure he understands. When he looks at me so attentively, and gently licks my hands; then he rubs his nose on my tailored clothes, but I never say naught thereat. For the good Lord knows I can buy more clothes, but never a friend like that. ~W. Dayton Wedgefarth

Harrier 05-17-2011 08:38 PM

Dogs are special creatures. Gus was a beauty.
Losing them is hard, but the memories will always bring you joy.

Sorry for your loss.

bobbytnm 05-17-2011 08:57 PM

My deepest sympathies. I know how you feel. We had to put our 15 year old German Shepard down last week. She was a heck of a dog but old age finally caught up with her. She got to where she couldn't move one of her rear legs and could barely get around. It was a hard decision but it was the right one.

Why is it that a dog doesn't live very long but still has to die old?

Bobby

Moe Craig 05-17-2011 09:18 PM

Sorry for your loss... one day you will be re-united...

Fomoko1 05-17-2011 09:28 PM

It`s always sad when we have to make that final parting with our best friend and faithful companion.

4tl8ford 05-17-2011 09:45 PM

I lost Dawg Gaugahn last September so I know how hard it is - The only thing they want from you is to allow them to please you - Somthing you won't find anywhere else.
Every once in a while She will visit, I'll find a wet spot where she used to have her accidents or I'll catch that heady aroma of a fresh dog fart.

BACAGrizz 05-17-2011 09:57 PM

Sorry for your loss. Pets are a special bond that can't be duplicated by humans.

Okiedokie 05-17-2011 10:21 PM

"Sorry for your loss. Pets are a special bond that can't be duplicated by humans. "

underthebridgejim 05-18-2011 12:29 AM

I am so very sorry for the pain you are feeling right now. I buried my 17 year old german sheperd last year and cried like a baby , and still accidently call my new one by the old ones name. Dogs are the true defenician of a friend.

cruisetopdown 05-18-2011 05:04 AM

Sorry to hear about Gus, just know that you enriched his life as much as he did yours (how many dogs get to ride in an open roadster?) THAT is what makes a great friendship.......
Wade