Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   S. California Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum103/)
-   -   Nice pistol range (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1064937-nice-pistol-range.html)

bpounds 05-06-2011 06:37 PM

Nice pistol range

Insight Indoor Pistol Range

I shot at this range today, my first time there. A pretty nice place it seemed to me. Very reasonable rate, compared to some others, and best of all it is the closest to my home.

The only downside I could see is that they only allow full metal jacket ammo (exception for 22LR). So it is probably best to shoot their range reloads, which are reasonably priced.

SteveBricks 05-06-2011 07:01 PM

I had no idea there was a range there...that's not more than 10 minutes from our house. I'm gonna have to give that place a go.:-X22

When you rent a firearm at Insight Shooting Range, you only need to pay a flat fee and you will have access to every weapon we offer. Just return your current pistol or rifle and ask to use another.
Might not be a bad deal for somebody that wants to try a few different things out, depending on what it is that they offer for rental. I'd imagine it's the same stuff they offer reloads for.

The shotgun rounds are pretty damned expensive. Must be slugs/buckshot.

bpounds 05-06-2011 07:32 PM

The no lead bullet rule is disappointing. I shoot hard cast lead almost exclusively in my handloads. But I guess lead contamination must be their concern.

If any of you guys want company to check the place out, let me know and maybe we can go together.

This place is also not too far from me:
OC Indoor Range
More expensive, unless you buy a membership, which is probably what they want you to do. A 1 month membership is the same price as two hours range fee, so not too bad. Lead slugs are okay here. Only 50 feet, not the standard 25 yards.

Then there is the Firing Line, with 3 locations:
Firing-Line Indoor Shooting Range, Northridge, California
The Huntington Beach one must not be too far from you, Steve. Lead slugs are okay, or full metal jacket, but no jacketed soft points. I guess the gun range business cannot agree on what is safe indoors. This range is also reasonably priced, but kind of far for me to go to any of them. I could get to Burro Cyn in about the same time.

The Insight range has those electric runners for your target, so NO LINE BREAKS, which is really nice. Up to 25 yards.

turbohunter 05-07-2011 10:52 AM

[QUOTE=bpounds;10310369]The no lead bullet rule is disappointing.

And at Angeles ( outside ) no steel allowed.
Pretty soon we'll be shooting foam bullets only, as not to disturb anything anyhow.

BradyCouchman 05-12-2011 11:35 AM

i go to the OC Indoor Range have never had them time how long i have been there. it always ends up being the same price, for me and Nicole its about $30 if i remember right, (one lane) i bring my own guns and ammo. They have never looked at what i am shooting. only issue is that they dont do rifles (unless its hand gun ammo, should just get a .22 conversion for my AR). I am thinking of going down to On Target to shoot my rifles. But you have to go down on Sunday morning to get a permit to shoot rifles there. But it is near where i work so would be fun to stop by after work one day.