Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Michigan Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum85/)
-   -   Rules for Chapter Membership (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1063720-rules-for-chapter-membership.html)

just another truck 05-02-2011 09:21 AM

Rules for Chapter Membership

All right everyone, this is your Chapter so...

We are getting a LOT of people aplying for Michigan Chapter Membership. Some come in with 2 post in 6 months, some with 30 post in a week, you get the idea.

Once we have membership, we see no response or activity in our forum from these members, although it appears that we have alot of lurking.

What would you like to see a guide lines or rules for our Chapter?

As it stands right now, I remove membership from anyone who has not posted to FTE in a year. IS there anything more you would like to see?

SDElwood 05-02-2011 09:44 AM

Other than free beer?

I think inactivity after a year is good. Heck I'd even go 6 months, but a year is fair. Do you have a way to send out an e-mail to every member reminding them that we're here?

just another truck 05-02-2011 10:03 AM

Anytime we have a "planned GTG" or event, such as the logo, we send out a mass PM.

Downsea 05-02-2011 11:53 AM

The one year rule is good. Everyone should be sure they read the "All members please read" thread too and be sure to fill out their profile. I notice a bunch, not just here, that don't have it filled out.

maevans 05-02-2011 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by just another truck (Post 10291126)

What would you like to see a guide lines or rules for our Chapter?

As it stands right now, I remove membership from anyone who has not posted to FTE in a year. IS there anything more you would like to see?

I don't thing there needs to be any rules on how much or how little a member post.

Just keep up what you are doing and ask the members to be active in the forum and the GTG, and if they chose not to, remove them after a year.

Keep it simple Pat. JMO.

just another truck 05-02-2011 06:36 PM

Mark, it is our chapter, so I thought I would put it out there, I agree, but just making sure that is how we want it.

By the way, the Kimber just showed up today.. Range tomorrow..

maevans 05-02-2011 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by just another truck (Post 10293112)
Mark, it is our chapter, so I thought I would put it out there, I agree, but just making sure that is how we want it.

By the way, the Kimber just showed up today.. Range tomorrow..

Got the Kimber Raptor back and, So far so good.

Best of luck with yours.

Redneckryder 07-29-2011 10:58 AM

So, curiosity has gotten the best of me. Why do you need to be active to stay in the chapter? My truck is on the back burner right now until I can afford to get the parts I need for it. I don't frequent the forums that much during these times, because I get reminded of how bad I want it done, and how little money I have, and I get all depressed. I would like to stay a member of the chapter, for when I do get it on the road. I am not trying to be cynical, it is honest curiosity asking...

Toyman 07-29-2011 11:14 AM

You don't have to be driving your truck right now in order to be part of the fun. I don't even currently own a truck, but the people here are friends and it's great to stay in touch with them. You also don't have to be on here daily. I come and go depending on what's going on in my life, but I come in and check out what's going on when ever I can.

It's always good to have active members in any group. Pop your head in and see what kind of trouble gets stirred up in the BS thread.

Rich

Hensley1027 07-31-2011 08:52 PM

I like that toyman

Toe-Head 08-07-2011 10:36 PM

Found my password

greenmachinejohn 08-07-2011 10:47 PM

I'm trying to get on here more. It tough when everything breaks at once.

fordtruckman 08-08-2011 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by maevans (Post 10293238)
Got the Kimber Raptor back and, So far so good.

Best of luck with yours.

I hate the line in your sig. I just freaked because i thought I somehow scratched my screen so thanks for that! lol

As for rules aside from the no show for a year rule I'm not really sure what else you could or would want to add. It would be nice if everyone who is a member checked in every day or two but heck I'm guilty of not doing that. I lurk and read some posts in here but don't always post.

just another truck 08-08-2011 10:03 AM

That was why the question was put out there, it would be what ever the group wanted.. Its funny, but I went back to the begining of the Michigan Chapter, Isee these questions were asked a couple of times before..History does repeat itself.

asemastermech 08-27-2011 05:04 PM

Question

Originally Posted by just another truck (Post 10672090)
That was why the question was put out there, it would be what ever the group wanted.. Its funny, but I went back to the begining of the Michigan Chapter, Isee these questions were asked a couple of times before..History does repeat itself.

Is this thread OK in the MI chapter forum?
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...and-older.html