Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Pre-Power Stroke Diesel (7.3L IDI & 6.9L) (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum117/)
-   -   86 Ford F250 FUEL LINE DIAGRAMS (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1060640-86-ford-f250-fuel-line-diagrams.html)

slvrtngdvl71 04-21-2011 03:47 AM

86 Ford F250 FUEL LINE DIAGRAMS

I am in desperate need of fuel line diagrams if anyone has them please send them to me I am having a problem with my truck and would like to be able to fix it so I can drive it it does run but it is leaking fuel every time I shut it off and it is now a bear to start please help I do not have alot of time or money to fix this problem.

Thank You

84-6.9L 04-21-2011 08:06 AM

Where does it leak from? the return line caps?

slvrtngdvl71 04-21-2011 04:06 PM

trying to figure it out

I do not know where it is leaking at cannot see where it is coming from at all

84-6.9L 04-21-2011 10:14 PM

Air will leak in where fuel won't leak out so its hard to find where the air is getting in. Check the return lines that run between the injectors, they are the main cause for air intrusion. If you just did glowplugs or they are gray they may be leaking. sorry i dont have a pic, but go to the auto parts store and get an injector install kit it will come with everything you need. unhook the injector lines at the injectors then pull the plastic tees and line together, next pull the o-rings. lube the new ones put them on and ues the old line set as a guide to make the new one lay the new one over the injectors and push the tees down then tighten the injector lines. Bleed the filter and you should be good

David85 04-21-2011 10:34 PM

I have a PDF that shows all of the tank and fuel lines for the 1985 model 6.9 which should be the same as your 86. Send me a PM with your Email (Doesn't have to be home Email, Gmail, Yahoo, or anything that can accept an attachement -) and I should be able to get it to you.

PLC7.3 04-22-2011 10:37 AM

Have you pulled the fuel water separator recently by the brake booster..... it dumps fuel by the drivers side firewall.......has a pull ring on top. If this is the problem just jam a bolt up the drain hose or use a spigot on the drain hose to shut it off. The water separator drain is a good item to keep just has a problem re seating after being pulled.

And yes it will cause fuel drain back to the tanks and hard starting.

slvrtngdvl71 04-23-2011 03:16 AM

Not yet

Have only changed the fuel filter but that was way after the problem started also when I was starting to have this problem I had to change the lift pump to filter line but I did prime the fuel system had someone I know that works at international do that for me but that did not cure the problem.

84-6.9L 04-23-2011 07:38 AM

Are you return lines painted gray?

slvrtngdvl71 04-24-2011 05:32 PM

unfortunately

the only lines that is painted is the line that I replaced which is the lift pump to fuel filter line

Rmccaig86 02-14-2024 04:56 PM

Oh boy this is a long shot

Originally Posted by David85 (Post 10250648)
I have a PDF that shows all of the tank and fuel lines for the 1985 model 6.9 which should be the same as your 86. Send me a PM with your Email (Doesn't have to be home Email, Gmail, Yahoo, or anything that can accept an attachement -) and I should be able to get it to you.

Hoping you might still have this diagram 😬