Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum28/)
-   -   New projector headlights! (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1059020-new-projector-headlights.html)

86F150302 04-15-2011 03:31 AM

New projector headlights!

LMFAO! WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE! Is it that hard to make a light that doesnt look like chit?? Blinker on top?? What do we drive Chevy Colorados?

92-96 FORD F150 BRONCO PROJECTOR HEAD LIGHTS SIGNAL BLK | eBay

92-96 FORD BRONCO/F150 HALO PROJECTOR HEADLIGHTS PAIR | eBay

But hopefully soon the LED tail light company ive been talking to will build some that dont look like arse. Dual projector for high and low beam, no stupid halo rings and full LED blinkers. :D

Lazy K 04-15-2011 04:00 AM

Spyder Auto - Projector Headlights,Tail Lights,Crystal Headlights,Fog Lights,Brake Lights,Accessories What about these?

nstueve 04-15-2011 07:22 AM

Originally Posted by 86F150302 (Post 10223175)
LMFAO! WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE! Is it that hard to make a light that doesnt look like chit?? Blinker on top?? What do we drive Chevy Colorados?

92-96 FORD F150 BRONCO PROJECTOR HEAD LIGHTS SIGNAL BLK | eBay

92-96 FORD BRONCO/F150 HALO PROJECTOR HEADLIGHTS PAIR | eBay

But hopefully soon the LED tail light company ive been talking to will build some that dont look like arse. Dual projector for high and low beam, no stupid halo rings and full LED blinkers. :D

Those would look cool on a newer mustang or a ricer... But those would just make our old school trucks look like euro trash.

I actually don't mind the blacked tail lights.

zxwut? 04-15-2011 07:30 AM

I think these would look good on a clean black truck:
Spyder Auto | Ford F150 / Bronco 92-96 1PC LED Crystal Headlights - Black

And these would look good on anything else:
Spyder Auto | Ford F150 / Bronco 92-96 1PC LED Crystal Headlights - Chrome

86F150302 04-15-2011 10:11 PM

Not projectors. :( There are only 2 projector headlights for our trucks and they are both uglyyy.

Originally Posted by zxwut? (Post 10223555)

Those are actually the ones im going to use for a projector retrofit.

SideWinder4.9l 04-15-2011 10:23 PM

Sometime or other, I'm getting the 1 pc set that has the turn signal/headlight together.....to match my parking lights..

-Wes

xc4jokestomper 04-16-2011 11:04 AM

yeah i want to get those as well. theyll look good on a black truck.

personally i like the black halos for our truck but only on black trucks. however they need to build them differently. i wanna be able to change the halo color if i want and right now if the halo burns out on these your out of luck because you cant change them and you have to shell out another 180 for a new set. for that reason alone ill probably end up going with the led's or just a smoked kind with hid's since hid's are probably next on my list for my truck.

SideWinder4.9l 04-16-2011 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by xc4jokestomper (Post 10227520)
yeah i want to get those as well. theyll look good on a black truck.

personally i like the black halos for our truck but only on black trucks. however they need to build them differently. i wanna be able to change the halo color if i want and right now if the halo burns out on these your out of luck because you cant change them and you have to shell out another 180 for a new set. for that reason alone ill probably end up going with the led's or just a smoked kind with hid's since hid's are probably next on my list for my truck.

Good point.....Like I said, the 1pc style I mentioned is what I am staying with

-Wes

xc4jokestomper 04-16-2011 11:59 AM

I love your truck wes. I wanna get the bottom lights like yours. I tinted mine but u cant rly see them blinking on a bright day. I smoked my corner lights and im extremely pleased with how they turned out. However i cant do that to the bottom lights because of where there yellow. Im going to do a light smoke on my headlights like i did the corners but not until i get hids

SideWinder4.9l 04-16-2011 12:08 PM

You realize the HID setup is ILLEGEAL on regular hadlights, right? Not tryin to be a dick....But you know those people that blind the living crap outta you with the blue tinted lights afterdark? Thats what you'll be doing...Plus they cut down on visibility, as the HID's have a scattered beam, when put into regular headlight buckets....You can't aim them...

And thanks man...The parking lights were $28 from www.truckviva.com

-Wes

xc4jokestomper 04-16-2011 12:23 PM

Yeah. So is my tinted lights though. Hids are pretty Debateable on here. Personally i dont mind the hids on other cars unless their the bright blue kind. I plan on 6 or 8k. I like them because the light is brighter. One of my friends has 12k in his silverado and those are annoying.

TexasGuy001 04-19-2011 02:57 AM

That crap belongs in the trash can. Thank god you didn't get those. When I read the title of the thread, I thought thats what you did. I think those other ones look like chit too, but are better than those rediculous looking ones.

86F150302 04-19-2011 03:07 AM

Originally Posted by TexasGuy001 (Post 10237155)
That crap belongs in the trash can. Thank god you didn't get those. When I read the title of the thread, I thought thats what you did. I think those other ones look like chit too, but are better than those rediculous looking ones.

Lol no im planning on just having some projectors built unless someone comes out with some that doesn't look like arse before I do. Just gotta save up some money..

I dont know who designs these lights.. Id like to high five their faces..

SideWinder4.9l 04-19-2011 11:53 AM

Personally, I like the Halo look...Just not the way they have the lights made....

I like the 1pc Headlight/park light....They have 3 LED's for the park lights.....

But I agree....Seems the Chebby lovers are the ones with HID light retro fit kits.....My GF's cousin in-law has the ridiculously bright blue ones...and seriously thinks they're cool....WOW.....I guarantee that when I look into them I have the Deer-In-The-Headlights look.....

-Wes

hav24wheel 04-19-2011 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by zxwut? (Post 10223555)

I agree :D

They are a PAIN to install the first time tho, have to cut the stock headlight trim to get them to fit..

https://www.supermotors.net/getfile/...ze/pickup4.jpg

Hey Wes, these helped with light output too....