Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Michigan Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum85/)
-   -   Grand Rapids GTG (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1056553-grand-rapids-gtg.html)

SDElwood 04-06-2011 11:42 AM

Grand Rapids GTG

So the thread about the car show got me thinking. Grand Rapids does a copy of Detroit's cruise called the 28th St Metro Cruise. This year it's August 26 and 27.

We could do a GR GTG then if we wanted. We don't have to go participate in the traffic jam, but we could if we wanted. Just line up a ton of Ford trucks and show our FTE Pride.

We could also come to my place where we could grill, have a fire, stand in my barn, whatever. And I'd guess drink a beer or two. Or there are lots of restaurants, whatever. I'm just a stand by the fire with beer in my hand kind of guy.

So what do you think?

Downsea 04-06-2011 12:12 PM

"We could also come to my place where we could grill, have a fire, stand in my barn, whatever. And I'd guess drink a beer or two. Or there are lots of restaurants, whatever. I'm just a stand by the fire with beer in my hand kind of guy."
I've got to make one of these gtg! Stand by the fire with a beer in hand? I'm going to give this one some hard thinking. Can we pee behind the barn? Maybe sleep in our truck? Long drive home for me. Ah damn there goes my daydream. Herself might want to come. :-blah :D

SDElwood 04-06-2011 12:39 PM

You can pee behind the barn. You can bring a camper, or a tent, or whatever. :-)

just another truck 04-06-2011 01:27 PM

That might just be a riot..Need to figure out how to talk the wife into celebration her birthday at a FTE GTG..

Then again, I might just have to find a ride for the Mascott to get there.. that might be easier.

Toyman 04-06-2011 02:45 PM

Not sure about that date as of yet. The dealership has an open house that weekend. so long days friday saturday and sunday. If I'm still there.

But there is a couple nice family campgrounds close by, ton of great fishing lakes (and i won't tell anyone where the one is by where Terry the Alto gas man that passed a couple years ago). But that lake has some absolutely huge bass in it. Used to sit on his dock and catch a release 8-10 pounders all the time. :-X06

SDElwood 04-07-2011 06:56 AM

The date can be anything if we want to do it at my place. And yes, there is a campground right up the street. My buddies have boats for fishin. I used to have a pontoon boat slash floating beer drinking platform, but I never used it so it left.

Or we could all meet at the Tiki Bar at Silver Lake. Which we should do anyway.

Downsea 04-07-2011 07:24 AM

Ah,the Tiki Bar. Will the bartender with the big teeth be serving?

just another truck 04-07-2011 07:39 AM

teeth.. teeth.. yeah, I am not looking at no teeth...

what color were the eyes..

SDElwood 04-07-2011 07:54 AM

He might be bar tending. If he's busy chasing a stick or a ball, you can just serve yourself.

Downsea 04-07-2011 07:57 AM

We got his number then! Hey Pat I've got a whole box of tennis balls left over from the girls.

SDElwood 04-07-2011 08:01 AM

Tennis balls last him about 10 minutes. I haven't found anything that thing can't shred.

Gfisher 04-07-2011 09:37 PM

Would love to see a GTG in G.R.

just another truck 04-08-2011 06:41 AM

Originally Posted by SDElwood (Post 10191420)
Tennis balls last him about 10 minutes. I haven't found anything that thing can't shred.

Kong Classic, and Kong ball.. The only two toys that have lasted all through puppy months..Still going strong..

Kong Pet Products | Toys, Treats & Accessories | Dogs, Cats & Puppies

Downsea 04-08-2011 07:21 AM

Ok, so the bartender takes Kongs as payment for your first beer? They are tough Pat! I have one as a winch stop on my ATV.

SDElwood 04-08-2011 07:26 AM

He ruined the Kong classic. But the black Kong seems to be holding up so far. Two weeks anyway.