Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Arkansas Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum175/)
-   -   April Chat / All Topic Thread (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1055221-april-chat-all-topic-thread.html)

tojoski 04-01-2011 06:55 PM

April Chat / All Topic Thread

It's April!

In continuation of last month's thread:

Originally Posted by zhilton (Post 10160199)
I can't compare the HHR to the PT...never been in a PT Cruiser, let alone drive one. But this '10 HHR is a POS. It's got that dam :-arrgh self adjusting radio that will adjust the volume relative to background road/engine noise.

I have this on my 500, but it adjusts the volume per the speed of the car. I have it set to a lower setting so it's not so pronounced, but I actually like this feature.

mechmagcn 04-01-2011 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by tojoski (Post 10169803)
it adjusts the volume per the speed of the car.

Uhhhh.... I think I'll stick with my old school stuff :-X04 I'll turn the knob if I want to change the volume.

mudder460 04-02-2011 12:13 PM

Just dropping in to say hello, doing good over here. About to hit my halfway mark, ready to get home. Trying to get things in order for my truck so I can get some wrenching done!

mechmagcn 04-02-2011 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by mudder460 (Post 10172242)
Just dropping in to say hello, doing good over here. About to hit my halfway mark, ready to get home. Trying to get things in order for my truck so I can get some wrenching done!

Good to hear from you Andy! Hope all goes well for you over there. Let me know when are getting home and I'll get that window and any other parts you need off of the truck for you.

PCorbs 04-02-2011 06:40 PM

where would i go about finding a local group of people in the pittsburgh PA area that are ford enthuasists?

mudder460 04-03-2011 10:38 AM

Thanks Jeff, I should be home sometime in July, not sure on the date just yet. I will let you know though, and I will throw a list of parts together.

tojoski 04-03-2011 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by PCorbs (Post 10173248)
where would i go about finding a local group of people in the pittsburgh PA area that are ford enthuasists?

Try over in the PA Chapter:

Pennsylvania Chapter - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

tojoski 04-03-2011 10:55 AM

Hopefully this is the last time in the sandbox! or at least that particular one..

zhilton 04-03-2011 06:49 PM

Sure was windy last night and early this morning. Though it was great to spend a night out on the train without needing a jacket.

Originally Posted by tojoski (Post 10169803)
I have this on my 500...

As in GT500?:-X06

Originally Posted by mechmagcn (Post 10170434)
Uhhhh.... I think I'll stick with my old school stuff

AMEN!:-X04 Though I am a sucker for satellite radio and in-dash 6 CD players. Kind of helps when you make a road trip into a "foreign land".

Just dropping in to say hello, doing good over here. About to hit my halfway mark, ready to get home.

I've got a cousin that's a SeaBee in Afghanistan. He told me a couple weeks ago that the unit that's rotating in to replace his reserve unit is going through their mobilization. I'm thankful for not only him, but guys/gals like you Andy. Y'all come back safe.

bill henry 04-05-2011 08:11 AM

did everyone survive the strom yesterday. lot of damage around the lake where i live. hope all of you are all right.

mechmagcn 04-05-2011 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by bill henry (Post 10182736)
did everyone survive the strom yesterday.

Still here, not much damage around these parts.

zhilton 04-07-2011 02:45 PM

Seen a little bit of rain going into KC this morning, but not lighting or thunder. For the record, when you get a "wheel slip" (similar to spinning tire on wet/icy pavement) and your running 50 mph....the rail is slick!}> Wheel slip on the locomotive is somewhat common below 15 mph just because the huge amounts of torque the traction motors are putting to the rail at a low speed. It's not very common once you get the ground speed above 25-ish.

Old_Crow 04-09-2011 06:19 AM

Off to Vince's this morning for another fun filled weekend with the Mercedes 380sl. At least it's a gas burner.

http://i830.photobucket.com/albums/z...0100929-00.jpg

jgoodman6891 04-10-2011 01:53 AM

Hey everyone! I think its been about 2 months since Ive been on here. Ive been working about all the overtime they will give me (still working it though) & spending more time with family & my other hobby.

Good news is I have another Ford in my yard. A '94 F150 2wd short bed with a 300 I6 & E4oD. First full week I ran it, I was getting 15.5mpg. Changed the oil, plugs, wires, cleaned up the connections on the cap & rotor then fixed 2 vacuum leaks. After all of that it jumped up to 17.3mpg. Now if I can keep it under 60mph I might be able to get 18mpg. I also have a slight problem with it shifting hard/late. I have all of the stuff to change the fluid & filter and hope that fixes it.

Still have my '82 F250 "tropical truck" even after pretty much selling it to a friend. That damn truck was driving me F'ing nuts for a several months. Still not sure of the actual problem but as long as it isnt on the cold side of cool outside, it will fire up & run great. When it acts up, I can get it fired up & idling good for a few minutes then it flat out dies. Figured out I was loosing spark. Small chance to get it to hit & stay running but I normally had to wait until it warmed up outside to drive it home from work. Or just call David & have him tow it home.

Also been trying to figure out what Im going to do with my '77 F250 4x4. Im torn between more or less restoring it with a little extra (engine work, dual T-cases, little lift & tires) or just building THE 4x4 I want. SuperCab longbed sitting on a Deuce & half frame, suspension & axles. Stuff a diesel in it (still can decide on that one either) & use the Rockwell T-case along with the one behind a diesel & auto. I know the Rocks are overkill for just about everything Im going to use the truck for but it makes more sense to over build it once than build the stock stuff a little tougher then break it only to dump more money in it. :-blah :-blah :-blah Im gonna stop here cause I could ramble on about that truck for another hour or two probably.

Heres a couple pictures of my new truck:

http://jogoodman.smugmug.com/Vehicle...0_rYb8g-XL.jpg

http://jogoodman.smugmug.com/Vehicle...7_mHhh3-XL.jpg

zhilton 04-11-2011 03:45 PM

jgoodman6891 that's a good looking truck you've got there.:-X22 I used to drive one almost like it ('94 with a chrome front bumper) when I first went to work for Caterpillar back in '96. That 351W would get on down the road, and I remember how shocked I was when it came to refilling both tanks and gas was 1.03 a gallon.:-X04

They found the Pavement Princess.:-jammin:-jammin:-jammin:-jammin:-jammin

Trying to work out a couple of details of how I'm going to get her back to Fort's Myth from KC. I haven't seen photos of it, but according to the detective that went to look at it this morning...rear & front bumper and one battery is all that is missing. To say the least, it's been a busy day on the phone with a couple of different folks.