Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Washington Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum188/)
-   -   One more move, NO more roommates!!! (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1054257-one-more-move-no-more-roommates.html)

Snowbunny 03-29-2011 05:32 PM

One more move, NO more roommates!!!

And NO Internet either it seems :-huh

Their is no line of sight between the new house and the nearest tower,,, AND there is no copper to the house either. :'(

Who would have thunk I would have had to check for Internet availability before I moved into a house in the MIDDLE of down town?!?!?!

**sigh**

Story of my life,,,

Two steps forward,,, three steps back,,,

I don't know when I'll be back guys,,, another week or so I'm sure. :(

planehunter 03-29-2011 05:52 PM

Roomates are such a pain.............wait.........what about imaginary roomates?

cliffordingles 03-29-2011 11:10 PM

Hey everyone in WA! It's been a short minute since i posted here. Well just wanted to say i just found out last night that my wife is pregnant with our 3rd child lol. Not to much fun though, Since im deploying again in a few months... Oh well.

Also, Im looking for a Dana 60 front axle, anyone know of any? CL isn't being very helpful. Everyone seems to think they are better than gold.

forddude05 03-30-2011 12:35 AM

Congrats, man!

Are you looking for a high pinion 60? I've heard Walt & Vern's in Buckley is a good source for parts, especially axles. I've never been there, but have a couple friends who have and gotten rears from them. Both swapped semifloating 10.25's for full floaters. Truck Parts - Walt and Vern's Truck Parts - Home

BabyBunny 03-30-2011 06:38 PM

Congrats Cliff!! :D

The lack of internet really sucks to say the least.. :(

caseys 03-30-2011 07:10 PM

... I remember the days of manual typewriters and licking the stamps, sure miss those days.

Bdox 03-30-2011 07:11 PM

Ha! Planehunter has the answer! Becca is George's imaginary roomie!

Bdox 03-30-2011 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by caseys (Post 10160700)
... I remember the days of manual typewriters and licking the stamps, sure miss those days.

I signed up for a typing class in HS, in the days of manual typewriters. Got ribbed by some of the guys but it gave me an hour a day in with a batch of really nice girls! Little did I know at that time that keyboard skills would actually become valuable skills for men(?) 8D

Bdox 03-30-2011 07:17 PM

Hey Lizzie, what are your options for a hookup?

Snowbunny 03-30-2011 07:33 PM

Well, there's no copper to the new house,,, so we tried wireless,,

But,,, there's no line-of-sight between the nearest tower and the house,,,

So,,, since I've been a customer of theirs for over 10 years, they are asking a third party to bring copper to the house, as it's less than 1/2 a mile away. If they agree, it will take a couple of weeks to bring it in.

I could go with satellite, but I play an online Pirate Game,,, so there's a bandwidth problem,,

If I get a plan I can afford, I will use all of my bandwidth for the month,,, in about 20 minutes,,, and to get enough to do what I want it to do, would cost me over $300 a month,,, sigh

AND there's a delay,,,

The delay is not a big deal when you're just surfing,,, but in gaming there's enough of a delay that I get shot twice before I even know I'm being shot,,, so I can't sink them back!!!

Who woulda thunk I'd have to check for Internet availability before moving into a house in the MIDDLE of down town?!?!?!

The boonies, yeah,, but IN town?? Geeez!!!

Bdox 03-30-2011 07:42 PM

Well that double sux.... Don't they realize that a girl has NEEDS??

BabyBunny 03-31-2011 11:45 AM

Sssshhhh Papa!! Becca's shy!! :D

im2tall33 03-31-2011 01:58 PM

liz.. do you have good cell phone reception there? if so do what i did..i bought a droid 2 and then i rooted it(hacked it) so i could pirate my phones internet to tether to my computer so now i have free wifi to my computer at home..it works well i can watch netflix with very little buffer time..pretty impressive from a phone to computer..

Snowbunny 03-31-2011 02:03 PM

Cell reception is spotty room to room,, and there is no way I can afford a Droid. Looked into it when they had a two-for-one sale going last month,,, ain't gonna happen,,,

Hell,,, I'm still using a five-year-old flip phone!!! lol

im2tall33 03-31-2011 02:10 PM

well the way i factored it is if i cut out the cost of internet i was saving about 15 a month lol