Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   EcoBoost (all engine sizes) (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum262/)
-   -   I need to whine were my wife can't hear me... (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1050220-i-need-to-whine-were-my-wife-cant-hear-me.html)

akalogan 03-16-2011 09:51 AM

I need to whine were my wife can't hear me...

I am going to wait until her car is paid off, but I really want a eco F150. I really don't need a bigger truck except maybe 2% of the time (I have a '06' ranger 4x4). (Here comes the little kid in me) I wanna bigger truck!:-X09 I have 3 years to go. I realize as a mature adult that having double car payments is stupid and wasteful of our hard earned money. But (sniveling now) it does not help my inner child. Well thanks for letting me cry over nothing folks. I just don't want to drive the household banker batty with it!

Ziegelsteinfaust 03-16-2011 12:45 PM

Been there. I can buy a new whatever, and in 2 months I wish I would have something else to suit my mood.

The best you can hope for is that your wife wants a Ford, and then you can make a much better deal with the dealer. Also remember go to the dealer at the end of the month. Especially if it is during a week day.

tseekins 03-16-2011 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by akalogan (Post 10100121)
I am going to wait until her car is paid off, but I really want a eco F150. I really don't need a bigger truck except maybe 2% of the time (I have a '06' ranger 4x4). (Here comes the little kid in me) I wanna bigger truck!:-X09 I have 3 years to go. I realize as a mature adult that having double car payments is stupid and wasteful of our hard earned money. But (sniveling now) it does not help my inner child. Well thanks for letting me cry over nothing folks. I just don't want to drive the household banker batty with it!

I've been down that road. Had two payments then promised to only have one. Now I'm getting ready to take on a second payment after many years of promising never again.

The way I see it is simple. This year I'll be Fifty 50. A 2011 F-150 will be my present to me. I work my a$$ off and I deserve a new truck, sooooooo, I'm gonna get it. I ain't gettin' no younger and it's time to spoil me for a change. :-jammin

akalogan 03-17-2011 06:57 AM

Originally Posted by tseekins (Post 10101996)
I've been down that road. Had two payments then promised to only have one. Now I'm getting ready to take on a second payment after many years of promising never again.

The way I see it is simple. This year I'll be Fifty 50. A 2011 F-150 will be my present to me. I work my a$$ off and I deserve a new truck, sooooooo, I'm gonna get it. I ain't gettin' no younger and it's time to spoil me for a change. :-jammin

Good for you Tim, Part of it is my Wife and I are trying to pay the house off really, Really fast. I know my ranger does 98%of what I need a truck for. I am just starting to get that itch...

akalogan 03-17-2011 06:59 AM

Originally Posted by Ziegelsteinfaust (Post 10100685)
Been there. I can buy a new whatever, and in 2 months I wish I would have something else to suit my mood.

The best you can hope for is that your wife wants a Ford, and then you can make a much better deal with the dealer. Also remember go to the dealer at the end of the month. Especially if it is during a week day.

My wife and I are Ford folks, so no issue there. Hell we have bought our last 3 vehicles from the same Ford dealership...

drh1175 03-25-2011 03:32 PM

I hear ya! I hate the truck payments. But after not having a F150 since 2002 I am taking the plunge. I had a 99 that we traded in back in 2002 to buy a Durango. Shortly after that our car died and we had to buy a car. We had 2 payments that totaled close to $1000 a month.:-arrgh We havn't had a vehicle payment now in close to 5 years which has been nice. But definitly not reality. Sooner or later we will have to upgrade so I have a 2011 Ecoboost on the way:-jammin. Though the kid in me is excited I really am not looking forward to paying for it. I have been without a pickup for long enough so I guess that is the way it is. Hopefully our Durango will last a while yet as this truck will be mine! No more borrowing the durango to go fishing and hunting. I can go whenever I want!

bfd1528 03-26-2011 01:54 AM

Well men I just went and did it. The wife was not happy but. ;) I had a 2004 Chevy 2500HD Duramax. Just got it in Sept. 2010 to pull a new fifth wheel. Ended up the wife found a 1/2ton towable less than 8,000lbs fifth wheel. So hello 2011 F150 XTL Supercab, EcoBoost, MAx Tow, 145inch wheel base and 3.73 rear end. Now she can get her fifthwheel and I have a great truck!

tseekins 03-26-2011 05:52 AM

Originally Posted by bfd1528 (Post 10140739)
Well men I just went and did it. The wife was not happy but. ;) I had a 2004 Chevy 2500HD Duramax. Just got it in Sept. 2010 to pull a new fifth wheel. Ended up the wife found a 1/2ton towable less than 8,000lbs fifth wheel. So hello 2011 F150 XTL Supercab, EcoBoost, MAx Tow, 145inch wheel base and 3.73 rear end. Now she can get her fifthwheel and I have a great truck!

A marriage made in heaven! :-X22