Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Automotive Discussion (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum135/)
-   -   2011 Ford F-100 Review (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1045220-2011-ford-f-100-review.html)

xumeng12 03-01-2011 12:27 AM

2011 Ford F-100 Review

The 2011 Ford F-100 is an evident hedge against further sales declines for the cash-cow F-150. It’s also said to be a temporary fill-in for the long-neglected Ranger compact pickup, which reportedly was supposed to depart in 2009. But the latest reports say today's Ranger may hang on until 2011, when a new design would debut that would be Ranger's first clean-sheet redo in nearly 30 years. Will that new Ranger be the F-100, or are there two smaller Ford trucks in the cards? Hard to say for sure at this point. In addition, Ford is tipped to be working up a new, F-100-based Bronco SUV to answer the hot-selling four-door Jeep Wrangler and to replace the Explorer Sport Trac that’s expected to phase out during 2010.

Why all this activity? Because soaring gas prices and a sour economy are devastating the big-truck sales that have loomed so large for so long on Detroit balance sheets. This situation is likely to continue for at least the near-term. And some analysts think rising fuel prices and other negatives will eventually shrink the big-pickup market for good, as “casual” buyers desert the segment for thriftier daily transport. How low would sales go? Obviously, no one can say right now. But F-150 sales have been heading south, plunging 15.5 percent in the first four months of 2008 versus the ‘07 period. Other large pickups are hurting, too. In addition, Ford and other brands are hustling to revise product plans in light of the government’s mandated rise in light-truck fuel economy from today’s 20.5 mpg to 28.6 by 2015. With all this, the F-100 looks not only plausible but an ASAP necessity.

Sources say the 2011 Ford F-100 will borrow a basic body-on-frame platform from the 2012 F-150, much as Nissan trims its full-size Titan architecture for the midsize Frontier .This approach saves money in upfront development and by allowing two ostensibly different trucks to be built in the same plant and with much of the same tooling.

bent-1 05-03-2011 10:55 PM

Not according to this article:

First Look: All-New 2011 Ford Ranger "T6" Global Pickup Truck - PickupTrucks.com News

According the the Detroit Free Press article, 10/14/2010, Derek Kuzak, Ford group vice president of product development stated the new Ranger designed in Australia will not be available for sale in the USA.

punkandpissed138 05-09-2011 10:55 AM

yeah....IMO the t6 looks absolutely stupid...

iggy2 05-20-2011 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by punkandpissed138 (Post 10319250)
yeah....IMO the t6 looks absolutely stupid...

Your statement is stupid. How can a truck look stupid?
I know it can look ugly but stupid, no way. }>

ibear51 06-29-2011 04:03 PM

Reply to the thread about the F-100

I agree with "iggy2" that a truck can't look stupid, It can however be quite ugly..
The new offering slated for release in the Land Down Under is in my humble opinion quite the looker! And though it's a Ranger it still quite resembles the larger brother F-150.. plus; when reading the engines that are offered for it, Much more beef than in days gone by.
I prefer my F-150 for it's comfort as well as reasonable fuel economy considering the way I drive.. Having owned a small truck in the past I won't go back for fuel economy alone. I have too have & require comfort being a Disabled Vet.
Love my Ford and that's my story and I'm sticking too it! :-blah
Besides: In my small truck I never got that great of fuel economy anyhow! ..Nuff said!...
iBear :-roll

irishhandyman 07-03-2011 10:48 AM

OMG that T6 is about as much a truck as a 1976 Pinto Runabout. A truck should at least have a real bed on it. Far as I am concerned they can keep that thing on that side of the pond. Note to Ford. Been a loyal Blue Oval man for years. Owned Rangers, BroncoII's, F150's and currently a 250. Fill the need of a person needing between a Ranger and a 150. Why would Dodge, Nissan, Chevy make a midsize truck if there wassnt a market for them? I will still keep driving my Ford. I may have to keep finding older used ones. Cash for clunkers ended the life of many WAY before their time, but I will keep a keen eye out for ones who have loved their Fords and kept them up. Cmon Ford, listen to your bread and butter. You know the ones that have kept you going for so long. I'd bet it would surprise you how many orders you would get by making a F100 along with a Bronco. Who's with me on this?

keyul 07-06-2011 01:25 PM

Dang, I hope that that keep that thing far away, looks like an edge and a chevy avalanche crashed head on and had a love child.

5.4T 07-06-2011 01:38 PM

looks like a tundra 2 me :\

aic 07-07-2011 11:19 PM

what truck does chevy make thats a midsize? i may be missing it but the colorado isnt near the truck a dakota or frontier or even a ranger is. just wonderin correct me if im wrong.

stuffdeer 07-09-2011 05:57 PM

I saw one in my neighborhood the other day...a manufactors vehicle...I have pics on my cell if you want.

ibear51 07-10-2011 08:46 AM

2011 Ford F-100 Review

Originally Posted by stuffdeer (Post 10555157)
I saw one in my neighborhood the other day...a manufactors vehicle...I have pics on my cell if you want.

Indeed! StuffDeer: If you have photo's I'm sure that everyone reading this thread would love to see what you have.. Thanks!:-jammin

stuffdeer 07-10-2011 09:11 AM

Here ya go...wouldn't of known it was a ranger unless it didn't say it on the grill in the same area my superduty says it.

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...ket_51631_.jpg

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...ket_51630_.jpg

The_SnowMan710 07-10-2011 10:07 PM

that's unforgivably ugly...it does resemble a tundra, though the front end of the ugly sucker looks more like a Taurus

rollerstud98 07-10-2011 11:57 PM

Whats the thing in the box labeled "Diesel"?

ibear51 07-11-2011 07:30 AM

2011 Ford F-100 Review

Originally Posted by rollerstud98 (Post 10560101)
Whats the thing in the box labeled "Diesel"?

Tks! Stuffdeer for the pics. When you see it in this format it isn't quite the looker that It could be.. I'm of the opinion that the Box in the bed is an external tank for work use. The guy probably works construction? If the Ford is a Diesel that would be super for Fuel Mileage .
However, where I live Diesel is extremely High in Price so I would have to seriously consider getting one of these with a Diesel Engine If I were made out of money that is!!

Perhaps this offerring by Ford will do well in the Land Down Under yet, I doubt that it would fly here in the states.. I'm sure quite a few folk would buy it, I on the other hand will stick to my F-150...:-blah

(Nuff Said)_......:-X17

All the best to all herein.....iBear & Ozzie :-jammin