Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Indiana Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum124/)
-   -   Date for first Indiana Get Together at Mounds State Park...VOTE NOW!!! (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1045198-date-for-first-indiana-get-together-at-mounds-state-park-vote-now.html)

X_Hemi_Guy 02-28-2011 10:53 PM

Date for first Indiana Get Together at Mounds State Park...VOTE NOW!!!

Well the results of our poll for our first Indiana Get Together for 2011 showed that more than 50% of the folks want to meet up at Mounds State Park!

We've camped at Mounds many times and it is a great state park with a great campground!

The park has a pavilion that we can rent (we'll need people to commit to this GTG as I am not going to rent it without commitment from folks) for the gathering in case it rains. There is an AWESOME pool and some great hiking trails to explore. The park is right along the White River. Mounds is named after the ceremonial mounds. Here's a bit of info on the mounds and ancient people that built them.

The mounds were built by the Adena and Hopewell cultures primarily for religious ceremonies. Research indicates these mounds were used to keep track of the seasons, the positions of over 100 of the brighter stars, as well as the moon and visible planets. The largest and best preserved of the park’s mounds is the “Great Mound” Technically referred to as a “circular enclosure,” this earthwork is the largest of its kind in the state, and is nearly one quarter of a mile in circumference.

I've posted THREE different weekends that I can personally be available for this gathering. Unfortunately we've got a 3 week trip in July that will take out the month of July. Also both my daughters run cross-country for middle school and their school starts August 11th with meets starting immediately...therefore my weekends are packed with those events in the fall until early October...

While the group can decide to do this whenever...I am just letting you know that I am only available on these dates to coordinate this.

The poll will close on March 25th so get to voting!

Thanks,
Joe.

Dave Brawley 03-02-2011 09:09 AM

dont weight heavily on my vote. I cannot make the other two dates at all for sure. the late june date is iffy. sorry.

I have the World Masters of Radio Control Jets coming to the US(Dayton, Wright Patterson AFB) this summer and I'm one of the directors of the contest.

dave..

X_Hemi_Guy 03-02-2011 09:23 AM

Dave,

Thanks for the message...unfortunately not all dates will work for everyone...we'll have to go with the majority...so if you are going to vote...please be serious about attending.

FWIW...my family and I LOVE to meet fellow FTE'rs and we've done the Excursion Diversion the last three years and have met many many FTE people and their families and it is great to do...so hopefully we'll make this happen!

August at Mounds would be awesome since the pool there is a very nice one from what I remember...so that would be fun...

Speaking of meeting fellow FTE'rs...I'm out in SoCal on work again...and got to meet a fellow Excursion owner for dinner...awesome to talk about Ford trucks with other enthusiasts!!!

Thanks for all the votes thus far...keep them coming and sorry for my confusion on the original poll I posted...this one is doing well now...!

Joe.

X_Hemi_Guy 03-28-2011 10:44 AM

Okay folks...voting is closed...

Looks like 7 folks want the weekend of 8/5 to 8/7.

I'm hoping that those that didn't vote for that weekend can still joing in the fun since this is everyone's chapter.

The next step would be to actually start booking sites at Mounds for that weekend.

Please respond with your intention to the following questions:

1) You and your family will be joining us
2) How many will be joining us
3) Will you be camping at Mounds

Thanks!
Joe.

BuckHammer 03-28-2011 04:25 PM

I most likely will not be able to attend. I will inform you if that changes.

Otahyoni 03-28-2011 04:46 PM

1) yes, me and my wife
2) 2 ^^
3) We don't have a camper so itd be great if I could just set up my tent next to someone elses camper so i don't need to pay for a space**

**This is assuming Mounds works the same as our local park we camp at...

How much deposit will we need for the pavilion?

Otahyoni 04-06-2011 05:33 PM

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...uff/bbbump.gif

Is it just gonna be me and Joe there??

X_Hemi_Guy 04-15-2011 02:20 PM

So is everyone serious about doing this GTG or what?

we'll need to book some sites...

If there is no interest...I have other things I can do with my family...I just thought it would be cool to finally meet up with everyone!...well???

Not that camping with Chris and his family won't be fun...don't get me wrong...the point of the GTG was to get the chapter together and not just two members...although that is a great start!!!

nebo 04-16-2011 03:52 AM

......so 13 voted for Mounds, and then the dates split the vote to 7,4 and 2....which equals the same number of the 13 that voted on the location. Of the 7,4 and 2 vote, you have 2 commited....bummer...

Before you nix this Joe, maybe you could see how many of the 7 that voted for Brown County would commit to a meet there on the same day? Maybe others would step forward now too.....The date may seperate those 7 as well, and cause this to not work either, but just a thought.

I don't have camping gear, so traveling to Mounds each day doesn't make a lot of sense for me since it's a 2 hour drive, but I could drive to Brown County park each day to visit, hang out, let the kids play and do whatever.......but that's just me.:o

X_Hemi_Guy 04-16-2011 11:17 AM

Wag,

The sad thing is I didn't even vote for one of the dates and I'm one of the two that would commit to camping! LOL

I understand that not every park or every date will work for folks so that was the point of voting EARLY so folks could hopefully plan ahead.

I'm thinking of reopening the voting on a northern park since we have so many members up north I may just ask folks to vote on Indiana Dunes, Potato Creek or Pokagon which would cover the northern part of the state I understand.

Personally I don't care where I pull to for the GTG...I am just hoping for a decent turn out is all.

Thanks for the thoughts...

Joe.

Otahyoni 04-16-2011 11:46 AM

Long as its in IN, and i can figure out how to get there i'm game...

Around the same date would be helpful as thats a slower time for me...

Otahyoni 04-16-2011 11:48 AM

Look like we may need another vote Joe...

X_Hemi_Guy 04-16-2011 02:09 PM

New poll thread started...

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...tion-vote.html

Sorry folks...