Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum41/)
-   -   more people on FTE (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1043522-more-people-on-fte.html)

Michigan Rick 02-23-2011 10:35 PM

more people on FTE

seems like last winter there would be around 120 people reading stuff on this 48-60 group. Now every time I get on here there are about 210! We either: have our trucks done
to cold in the garage
or actually more people checking out this place............

Whatever it is it's got to be good!

Michigan Rick

das54 02-23-2011 10:52 PM

Well I for one am new, my project is pushing 10 years old but isn't even close to being done, it is cold in the garage but not nearly as cold as in MI, and I like checking in here to keep me jazzed about my project.

lexcoe 02-23-2011 11:30 PM

I am fairly new too, but this sure is an interesting and motivated group.....

John

iwanaflattie 02-24-2011 01:54 AM

i have seen an abundance of newbies too..some came at the same time i got my truck and more after that....more 59-60s too and big girls too.
i always said it lets build a 49-60 ford army

mOROTBREATH 02-24-2011 02:04 AM

Our trucks have been around waiting for us for 50 years.

It's getting the people to come that's tough! :)

hellfirejim 02-24-2011 06:07 AM

I found this site after I got my truck. To be honest if it wasn't for this site and the helpful people I would not be as far as I am. I too have noticed an increase in traffic at the site. On my build thread if I don't post for a few days it easily becomes page 6 or 8 just due to the traffic.

Still very glad to see more trucks being saved and built into something people actually drive verses a trailer queen. Isn't that what it is all about????

jim
:-tap

iwanaflattie 02-24-2011 06:15 AM

Originally Posted by hellfirejim (Post 10011139)
I found this site after I got my truck. To be honest if it wasn't for this site and the helpful people I would not be as far as I am. I too have noticed an increase in traffic at the site. On my build thread if I don't post for a few days it easily becomes page 6 or 8 just due to the traffic.

Still very glad to see more trucks being saved and built into something people actually drive verses a trailer queen. Isn't that what it is all about????

jim
:-tap

or a poop rod

bobbytnm 02-24-2011 06:48 AM

People come and people go, its all good.

This site is a good way to keep motivation up. Itsa awlays good to see what someone else is doing

Bobby

WALFORD'S 56 02-24-2011 08:15 AM

Michigan Rick.....I agree......the fte old crew is few and far between any more. When I see less than 2000 posts I think newbie.....haha!!!!

maverickman514 02-24-2011 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by WALFORD'S 56 (Post 10011468)
Michigan Rick.....I agree......the fte old crew is few and far between any more. When I see less than 2000 posts I think newbie.....haha!!!!

I guess I got some catchin up to do.

I joined along time ago, but just this past Xmas season got a fat fender (56) truck. before I had actually forgot about the site and I was just lookin for ideas for Dad's ol dentside.... now I got me an Effie and I am here everyday... it's only 30 some degrees out in the garage today... wish I could afford a furnace out there, alot more would get done on the projects.

husker 02-24-2011 09:37 AM

I check in and hang around off and on. We also have a real active state chapter, so I spend a fair amount of time there along with doing stuff on my other Fords. I really need to get my behind in gear and get some work done on my truck as it has now been torn apart for about 2 years. I want it back together so I can drive it again.

f100newb 02-24-2011 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by WALFORD'S 56 (Post 10011468)

Some of us newbs read and learn before saying a lot. I have been on here for a number of years just reading and learning from you guys. So my post are not as many as some of the guys that came after me.

I have spent more time on here this winter because I have had more time to spend. Plus I enjoy seeing the build threads, seems to be a few more right now then normal.

jbrittonjr 02-24-2011 08:29 PM

It's too cold outside and my garage is currently occupied by Her Majesty's stuff.

agronomistont 02-24-2011 08:49 PM

get site got started on my project last year , found the site by accident but im real glad I did. The site has saved me alot of time and Money. I looking at a 59 chyler imperial went to a mopar site and found it very difficult to use and no one was very helpfull. Thanks to all you veterans who are willing to put up with us newbies that dont know what we are doing but learning every day

bobbytnm 02-24-2011 09:09 PM

We were all newbies at one time, and yes, we asked all the same questions too....LOL

I lurk around some other forums but don't post much but this is the one I check in on an participate in the most. Great people here!

Bobby