Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum41/)
-   -   anyone seen this guy (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1043167-anyone-seen-this-guy.html)

iwanaflattie 02-23-2011 12:58 AM

anyone seen this guy

YouTube - Cop Gives German Tourist a Hard Time
same guy gave me a ticket for giving and old drifter a ride to a BK 1/2 block ahead.I knew it is not legal in Ca. but oh well...
it is what it is.

Stephen67 02-23-2011 01:07 AM

Urgh, always one little man with a badge out there to degrade all the honest cops who aren't a-holes.

edsf100 02-23-2011 02:42 AM

Only one word for this guy...

kenjh 02-23-2011 04:47 AM

sounds like he's talking from experience...and nearly a hundred in a 70 zone.!! .with a warning I can take that...

jim collins 02-23-2011 06:40 AM

}> Come on ,give the wise guy a break,maybe the doughnut shack gave him cold coffee with his frosty doughnuts for breakfast. :-missingt

bobj49f2 02-23-2011 07:48 AM

I'm sure with the video on Youtube the cop is going to get violated by his superiors. It's amazing what stupid things people do today when anything they can show up on the internet in a matter of minutes.

We in Wisconsin are currently experiencing protests by government worker because our new governor is trying to rein in costs by making the workers pay a little toward the health insurance and pensions. The protesters are making a$$es out of themselves and there are doctors standing on street corners, with big signs offering bogus sick day excuses. It's all showing up on the interenet and the amazing thing is they're all proud of themselves.

GreatNorthWoods 02-23-2011 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by kenjh (Post 10005785)
sounds like he's talking from experience...and nearly a hundred in a 70 zone.!! .with a warning I can take that...

I've never got a break like that! He got off light...:-X21

Harrier 02-23-2011 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by bobj49f2 (Post 10006244)
We in Wisconsin are currently experiencing protests by government worker because our new governor is trying to rein in costs by making the workers pay a little toward the health insurance and pensions. The protesters are making a$$es out of themselves and there are doctors standing on street corners, with big signs offering bogus sick day excuses. It's all showing up on the interenet and the amazing thing is they're all proud of themselves.

We seem to be seeing more and more of this behavior lately....You wonder how much worse it will get before everything just falls apart.

carnut122 02-23-2011 08:55 AM

I wish he was the guy who pulled me over for my last ticket. I'd have taken the verbal abuse over paying the fine any day.

Doc 02-23-2011 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by bobj49f2 (Post 10006244)
there are doctors standing on street corners, with big signs offering bogus sick day excuses. It's all showing up on the interenet and the amazing thing is they're all proud of themselves.

Those doctors ought to have their medical license yanked. That is blatant fraud and unethical. I don't really know the specifics of the Wisconsin thing, but I will say this, my annual healthcare insurance deductible is $4000. This entire country is taking a big financial hit. But most of us put our shoes on and go to work every day.

As far as that cop, I agree he said some rude things. But that guy should be very thankful he got off with a warning for driving 100 mph. If one of us went to their country and did the same thing, they'd put us under the jail.

bobj49f2 02-23-2011 10:23 AM

I am usually a strong supporter of law enforcement, I will always take the side of the cops until I see evidence to prove otherwise. This cop, IMO, went way overboard. He had to right to be this rude to the speeder. I would give him some slack if there was some audio in the clip that indicated the speeder was being a jerk to begin with but I didn't see that. Maybe something was creatively edited out, I don't think we'll ever know. If I would have received that kind of treatment from a law officer I would have asked for a supervisor. In my younger days I would have been a deer in headlights and just took it but not now in my older years. The officer is there to enforce the law and has to be stern to get the command of the situation but he went way too far.

Doc 02-23-2011 10:48 AM

Yeah the cop was indeed out of line. I went back and watched it again. He was pissed but professional right up until the driver said he was from Germany. Then you can see the cop hesitate and probably decide that all the red tape of arresting a foreign tourist wasn't worth it. From that point on, he turned into a total a$$. So the driver had two choices, take the tongue lashing and go on with his vacation, or complain and no doubt instantly turn a warning into a HUGE fine or jail time in a foreign country.

Kalve 02-23-2011 10:52 AM

Well it kind of goes both ways the good thing is the cop just gave him a warning at 15 over its wreckless driving so the guy got off real easy not getting a ticket. But the cop could have handled it better an toned it down a bit but maybe he was having a bad day an took it out on this guy who knows. Either way it could have been handled better from both sides there is more to this than what the video shows so we don't have the full story here.

das54 02-23-2011 10:54 AM

1st off, not everything on youtube is real or true. There's a lot of kids out there uploading their theatrical and film directing talent on you tube.

And 2nd, I'd take that ass chewing for doing 98 in a 70 any day and drive away very grateful.

Doc 02-23-2011 11:02 AM

20 years ago, this whole little incident MIGHT have made a local newspaper. Nowadays, you can't go take a leak without it making it to CNN or youtube. And I personally think this world is suffering from way too much information overload. Ignorance was bliss back then. We lived happier lives. If it didn't make it to the 6 or 6:30 news, we didn't care.