Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum41/)
-   -   Ford had it right at the start (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1042102-ford-had-it-right-at-the-start.html)

48fordcoe 02-20-2011 10:58 AM

Ford had it right at the start

1 Attachment(s)
In 1948 to 50 so why keep trying ,just make a 1948 truck today

Harrier 02-20-2011 11:24 AM

Exactly, I've been saying it for year. They just need to accept that they had some fantastic designs back then and just pull one back, and not try to make it something new. (Except for updated safety features.) The Thunderbird come to mind, if you look at the front it is a late 50's corvette....they should have stuck with the 55-57 design.

fordman75 02-20-2011 02:21 PM

I like them all! I can't really say there is any Ford truck I don't like. Unless it has a.... Ah never mind.:-innocent :-X04 :-wow

gusbratz 02-20-2011 03:04 PM

I would love it if they made a modern pickup truck that looked just like an F1. air condidioning, fuel injected v-6, quiet, 5 speed on the floor. unfortunenatley they do their homework and they know that a cheap ******* like me is never going to buy a new vehicle when i can get a 12 year old beater with under 100k miles for 2500 because it is all dented up. they market their vechicals to the masses. the average joe who is in debt up to his eyeballs is the guy to market to.
on a tangent country music. i like johnney cash, hank jr. :-headbangwhy don't the record companies sign any talent like that? same reason they won't build me an f-1. because i just turn on the radio. I cant remember the last time i actually bough an album.(actually my wife picked me up a hank jr vinal at goodwill for 5 cents last week but that dosent count) they kids that buy the cd's though... that is who they are interestd in marketing too. so i have to suffer listeng to rascal flats and taylor swift. and no automobile company in the world currently makes a new truck i would buy.

Old F1 02-20-2011 03:04 PM

.............But they had to change them, with today’s political correctness (crap) it was unlawful to use the name "monkey face" as a truck model. :-innocent

iwanaflattie 02-20-2011 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by Old F1 (Post 9994248)
.............But they had to change them, with today’s political correctness (crap) it was unlawful to use the name "monkey face" as a truck model. :-innocent

I got dirty looks at a restaurant once for asking the server for a monkey dish,she shushed me and said it wasnt nice to say that anymore....
Hank williams jr and his father kick a$$....i hate new country,new rock new jazz almost all new''music''..
somebody should make a brand new f1...
what do you guys think about that kit to make your thunderbird look like an old 49=50 shoebox????i think it looks like crap

lvin4jc 02-20-2011 08:07 PM

The brand new super dutys remind me of a bucktooth a little with the two big fat grill bars, if they just had one and some verticals... Well maybe they're not twins but it reminds me of one anyway.

Didn't they make a retro semi not that long ago? - http://image.automobilemag.com/f/car...y-davidson.jpg
Has all the modern stuff but looks retro, they could sure do that with a pickup.

95stepside 02-20-2011 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by fordman75 (Post 9994099)
I like them all! I can't really say there is any Ford truck I don't like. Unless it has a.... Ah never mind.:-innocent :-X04 :-wow

i know! i know! a SBC right?? ive noticed a trend in your posts fordman... haha

fordman75 02-20-2011 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by 95stepside (Post 9995621)
i know! i know! a SBC right?? ive noticed a trend in your posts fordman... haha

I didn't say it!!:-innocent

I think each different model /body style has there own unique character. If I had the cash and space for them I'd own at least one of each! I think it would be way cool to own one of every year Ford truck made!:D

AZAV8 02-21-2011 09:50 AM

I tell people that I'm old school. If a car or truck was made after 1957, its ugly.

Phil

iwanaflattie 02-21-2011 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by AZAV8 (Post 9997223)
I tell people that I'm old school. If a car or truck was made after 1957, its ugly.

Phil

personally the 1959 dodge coronet is the most beautiful car i ever saw

kenjh 02-21-2011 07:37 PM

my wife got me drunk one weekend ..and she bought me a gmc truck...I own 7 ford's what the heck was she thinking??? anyone interested in a 95 turbo diesel ??

Fordman49F1 02-22-2011 07:52 AM

I have a soft spot for some cars post '57...but not many. A '63 Galaxie comes to mind.

I have said for years if they re-popped the old trucks they would sell like mad. However, I can see where things would have to change, be different, and they could not leave well enough alone...probably altering it into something entirely different. In the end, I decided I am happy with Ford leaving well enough alone.

The music conversation is something different...as music labels could care less what the musician(s) can write...they just want talented musicians to produce what their writing staff believes will sell. Think about it...most good bands you know don't have a writing staff...it is their band and a few covers that are so well done you may not even know they are covers. Mainstream musicians today have at least 2 or 3 writers. Musicians are not the downfall of modern music, it is the record labels and they have been for decades. As a musician, what makes all of that worse is there is a (dying) music scene in almost every town with a few good bands, but nobody comes out to support. You want to hear some good tunes, get out to the bar on Saturday night and enjoy the local flavor.

kenjh 02-22-2011 08:40 AM

as I look at my 54 flatty an the 68 ranchero 428 ,6pac ,,and the new car/trucks,personaly I think the problem is your epa and safety rules..I don't need a car that can park it's self or has 10 air bag's or 500 horsepower like the new mustang..I don't even want any of that..let alone can afford it ..when you let goverment design a car ..you get a useless piece of crap ..but then that's why we are here restoring rebuilding cars and truck that make sense our escape from a world we don't understand....how is your new health care coming??

Fordman49F1 02-22-2011 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by kenjh (Post 10001713)
as I look at my 54 flatty an the 68 ranchero 428 ,6pac ,,and the new car/trucks,personaly I think the problem is your epa and safety rules..I don't need a car that can park it's self or has 10 air bag's or 500 horsepower like the new mustang..I don't even want any of that..let alone can afford it ..when you let goverment design a car ..you get a useless piece of crap ..but then that's why we are here restoring rebuilding cars and truck that make sense our escape from a world we don't understand....how is your new health care coming??

Amen to that! Since I have not messed with a flatty...I will ask an open ended question...how many flatty guys keep track of the fuel mileage? Last time I talked with a gent, he had a warmed over flatty with 2-stroms, aluminum heads...so on, and he was getting better mileage than my '99 Lightning (13mpg). Tell me how it is that if you burn more fuel, you are getting better emissions? Heck, with a warmed over 289 in an F-1, I am netting 16mpg with a Holley 750, which is better than my '99 Ranger with a 4-banger! EPA can take a long walk off a short plank IMO. The guidelines do not make logical sense to my simple mind.