Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1973 - 1979 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum38/)
-   -   F600 mirrors (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1036282-f600-mirrors.html)

mcguyver 02-03-2011 10:19 AM

F600 mirrors

I have been looking for some mirrors for my 78 dump truck. I have some tiny ones from a f150 on now and I cant see past the load they are two far in. I was wandering if anyone has the part #'s for these or if they knew where to get them? From using the serch it appears that I need these:

"The Hi Mount mirrors and mirror heads used on F500 and larger trucks are NOT the same in any way, shape or form as the mirrors used on F100/350's.

These mirrors used upper and lower triangular shaped brackets, with the support arm in between. The mirror heads are 7" x 16""

Type 12 I think

I really need to find some of these before spring when I start hauling manure and straw. If you could help me in this serch it would be greatly apreciated.

Also all the big ford truck mirrors I see on the road are painted/ now rusted, were there ever any stainless type 12 mirrors made? Thanks.

-Jim

raytasch 02-03-2011 12:39 PM

Let us see now, '78 F600 hauling manure, obviously not a show truck. Right? I believe I would look in a truck salvage yard and get mirrors from just about any kind of that size or larger truck and make them fit. And there are truck accessory stores that handle that kind of stuff. JMO.

cj06 02-03-2011 01:25 PM

these are the type of mirrors that i have on both of my F600 and on C60
they are called WEST COAST mirrors ! and look on EBAY !

Truck-Lite - Catalog Product : Universal West Coast Mirror Assembly Kits

Trucklite Universal West Coast Mirror Assembly Kits - Trucklite West Coast Mirrors

Amazon.com: CIPA 47500, JR. West Coast Stainless Steel: Automotive

West Coast Mirrors - PartsSystems

Peterson 667X Stainless West Coast Mirror Assembly - Heavy Duty Truck Mirrors

FBNengr 02-03-2011 01:54 PM

If you can at least find some used brackets from a salvage yard, you could always sandblast them (or at least wire-brush them), then repaint with cheap, rattle can spray paint. Get shiny new bolts and fasteners at your local hardware store. You can get stainless steel mirrors at NAPA Auto Parts. I got some last fall for my Big Six for about $30 each. Or, if money's tight, NAPA also offers painted ones for as little as $10 ~ $12 each or thereabouts. I know one thing - Re-doing my rusty old brackets and bolting on a shiny new pair of S.S. mirrors sure made a tremendous improvement in the looks of my truck.

Whether you're planning to clean up after political rallies this coming spring or not, these old big F-series trucks deserve the finest in anything you do to them. (Least ways, that's my opinion!!!)

Paul.

mcguyver 02-03-2011 02:54 PM

Well, the truck is actualy pretty nice, only 34,000 miles. It was a grain truck. The only big truck mirrors I have been able to find at the scrap yards have been way off, and I dont really want to hack the doors. I'll try to look on e-bay, still kinda leary of that place.

-Jim