Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Nevada Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum181/)
-   -   Feb. BS thread (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1035721-feb-bs-thread.html)

jarod17 02-01-2011 04:11 PM

Feb. BS thread

Good afternoon everyone and welcome to the shortest month of the year.

I am glad my grandpa was right about these Ford V8's. Lose a cylinder and you can still get home. Turns out my hesitation problem at speed or under load was caused by a bad spark plug wire:-banghead After finding that I replaced the wire and put it on the highway. No more hesitation.

racerchick21 02-01-2011 04:45 PM

Wow February already?

kermmydog 02-01-2011 09:55 PM

Happy February Nevada.
Michelle, any prospects on work?? Jeff, yea they run better on all cylinders don't they?
Craig

jarod17 02-02-2011 01:49 PM

Yea, she's running much better. Good morning everyone.

davidkstyler 02-02-2011 07:32 PM

Still on vacation!

sddesigns 02-03-2011 07:25 AM

Good Morning Nevada! :)

Happy Thursday! :D

racerchick21 02-03-2011 12:19 PM

Hey everyone!

No Craig, no responses as of yet. For now I'm trying to get a job I'll like, instead of just any old one. I know this economy is no time to be picky, but there's nothing worse than hating your job. Makes for a very unhappy life. I have a friend that has a small home maintainence/construction business that has side work here an there if I want it, and I actually like that. Maybe business will pick up with the weather and it will turn into a real job. How's sunny AZ? It was 15 here this morning (((sigh))).

So, is anyone else going to the NASCAR race in Vegas? I know there are a lot of you in that area, and I would like to say howdy to anyone who's there. A mini G2G if you will. Let me know!

We will miss you at NASCAR Jeff. Maybe you can come out for the DTC in the fall again. We have a Sprint 360 this year. Racing season starts in April, anyone who's going to be up this way let me know and I'll check the schedule. The more the merrier!

jarod17 02-03-2011 03:50 PM

Good afternoon everyone. I'm going to try to get out there for the DTC this year. No promises though. I am going to be taking my vacation time to get my trucks transmission swapped out. It wouldn't be so bad, but I have to change the rear main seal at the same time. Don't want oil leaking onto the clutch;) I have to figure out what seal to use though. The choices are rubber, Viton, or a rope type seal. Any ideas?

kermmydog 02-03-2011 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by racerchick21 (Post 9917583)
Hey everyone!

No Craig, no responses as of yet. For now I'm trying to get a job I'll like, instead of just any old one. I know this economy is no time to be picky, but there's nothing worse than hating your job. Makes for a very unhappy life. I have a friend that has a small home maintainence/construction business that has side work here an there if I want it, and I actually like that. Maybe business will pick up with the weather and it will turn into a real job. How's sunny AZ? It was 15 here this morning (((sigh))).

So, is anyone else going to the NASCAR race in Vegas? I know there are a lot of you in that area, and I would like to say howdy to anyone who's there. A mini G2G if you will. Let me know!

We will miss you at NASCAR Jeff. Maybe you can come out for the DTC in the fall again. We have a Sprint 360 this year. Racing season starts in April, anyone who's going to be up this way let me know and I'll check the schedule. The more the merrier!

Good Afternoon Nevada.
Michelle, I sure understand not wanting a job that a person dislikes. I never understood why people did that. I always tried to work where I liked what I was doing. Maybe that is why I became self employed at a young age.
That is one reason Vici quit Lovelock. Just too much crap that was not a required part of the job. People causing trouble & making a job way tougher than it had to be. No support from the Principal or District so she said good bye. We had to pay to get her released from her contract, it was the best $3000.00 we spent last year.
I always believed she would find another position where they wanted & appreciated her talent. She has here in Yuma. You too will find a position that you deserve, doing what you like, with people you like. As long as your willing to work there is work regardless of the economy. There is work here in Yuma with a 20% unemployment. Vici's School District & her Principal have been after me to get my sub license. They are way short of subs. This is just one of three Districts.
Michelle, the right job will come, just keep looking.
As for the weather we were 34 degrees this morning. Yesterday is was only about 53 degrees with 30 MPH winds. Today we are up to the low 60s no wind. Tonight is suppose to be another cold night dipping to the 30 degree mark.
It was funny today @ school there was ice on the playground. There are kids here that have never seen ice (Because of weather). I got quiet a kick out of watching them play with it.
By the weekend we are suppose to be back into the mid to high 70s.

Craig :-bigparty

sddesigns 02-04-2011 05:16 AM

Good Morning Nevada! :)

TGIF! :D

davidkstyler 02-04-2011 07:07 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Don't want to upset anyone that might be cold, but...http://images.ford-trucks.com/forums...cons/icon7.gif

william_04_x 02-04-2011 07:56 AM

Sheesh David. That place looks horrible..

davidkstyler 02-04-2011 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by william_04_x (Post 9921235)
Sheesh David. That place looks horrible..

Yeah, but someone has to do it! http://images.ford-trucks.com/forums...2/biglaugh.gif

Coming home tomorrow. http://images.ford-trucks.com/forums...cons/icon8.gif

jarod17 02-04-2011 10:53 AM

Good morning everyone. Can't wait for the warm weather to get here.

racerchick21 02-04-2011 11:54 AM

Yay for warm weather! Plenty of water in the lake this year too.

Dave that looks wonderful!

Jeff, Larry recommends a rubber double lipped seal for your rear main, he says Felpro makes the best one.