Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   2009 - 2014 F150 (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum193/)
-   -   Hot wiring a 2011 f250 (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1033700-hot-wiring-a-2011-f250.html)

cardiac 01-26-2011 07:23 PM

Hot wiring a 2011 f250

My boss needs to know, if you do not have the key can you hot wire and drive off in a 2011 F250 6.2 gas. If you can, how much time will it take, if done by a pro? Thanks Joe

Wilber15 01-26-2011 07:30 PM

Only if you can get around the PATS system. Which is Very hard, if not impossible. Good luck! You can't just hotwire these like the old days, you have to have a chipped key that sends a signal to the pats module in order to enable cranking as well as the fuel system.

bluedevil3758 01-26-2011 07:40 PM

i saw a thing on a guy who had a computer program which he used to "hotwire" a explorer, but it didnt work very much an took a while to get the right code, so no, go to dealer with vin number if your missing the keys

cardiac 01-26-2011 07:53 PM

Got keys

I work in a Nuclear plant and we're looking at having to park the trucks in a locked up area, if they can be hot wired.
I told my boss I didn't think you could hot wire the new 2011 F250's.
I need to find out ASAP, so why not ask on here first.
Thanks Joe

tvsjr 01-26-2011 08:12 PM

An educated thief doesn't hot-wire a vehicle these days... he shows up with a repo wrecker and tows it off, then deals with it later (usually stripping it for parts).

msgtord 01-26-2011 08:16 PM

I hope no one really falls for this and tells him how to hot wire a truck.

cardiac 01-26-2011 09:44 PM

Fall for this

Hey Neal go to Callaway nuclear plant Reform MO. and check out the security. INPO web site. NRC web site. Fall for it. I have been in it for 25 years and it get's crazier around here then you have ever seen. After 9/11 we have spent over 125 million on just mods to keep out ninjas. Now we have to keep our truck from being hot wired and used as a battering ram, and taking out safe shut down systems.
PS: I have a personal key and would like to still be able to drive in the plant and not have to walk.
Thanks for listening Joe

Matts72 01-27-2011 12:34 AM

Thats pretty funny... I worked for the Feds for 4 years and played that game.

The short is that no, you cannot 'hotwire' a newer Ford truck, they use the PATS transponder system so they won't start without that key in the ignition.

Turbodogg 01-27-2011 09:59 AM

Ninjas, Really?

LordZamize 01-27-2011 11:23 AM

Nuke ninjas are the worst!

tvsjr 01-27-2011 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by Turbodogg (Post 9885153)
Ninjas, Really?

Could be worse... could be zombies!

Turbodogg 01-27-2011 12:37 PM

I don't know if zombies would be worse. Their rather slow and clumsy where as a ninja is quiet and could probably sneak up on you.

I'd take the zombies.

Deluxe05 01-27-2011 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by tvsjr (Post 9883070)
An educated thief doesn't hot-wire a vehicle these days... he shows up with a repo wrecker and tows it off, then deals with it later (usually stripping it for parts).

That's what they did with my '06 Harley-Davidson F-250. They knew that they could not get around the PATS on the fly, and they just towed it away. Cops managed to get video from a local gas station showing them pulling out of my parking lot. Plates on the "wrecker" (early 90s Chevy dually w/a hidden, in-bed tow setup) were reported stolen by someone on the other side of Denver a few days prior. Nothing was ever found of my truck.

They must have been casing it for a while, because that was the ONE day that I had pulled straight into my parking slot. So, they were able to back right up to it, lift the rear wheels off the ground & drive away.

Oh, and I'd take the zombies as well. They'd just pile up around the chain link fence, and present themselves for easy target practice. Durned Nuke Ninjas would be all hopping around sneaky style. Getting over the fences, throwing shirukens, just being pains in the @$$ in general!! :D

creich68 01-27-2011 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by cardiac (Post 9883534)
Hey Neal go to Callaway nuclear plant Reform MO. and check out the security. INPO web site. NRC web site. Fall for it. I have been in it for 25 years and it get's crazier around here then you have ever seen. After 9/11 we have spent over 125 million on just mods to keep out ninjas. Now we have to keep our truck from being hot wired and used as a battering ram, and taking out safe shut down systems.
PS: I have a personal key and would like to still be able to drive in the plant and not have to walk.
Thanks for listening Joe

One of my professor's in college was one of the head project engineers when they built the Callaway plant. It was in a reinforced concrete class. He told us they designed the walls of the reactor to withstand a direct hit from a 747. Amazing how much steel is inside those walls.

amadas350 01-27-2011 07:54 PM

before 9/11, i took a tour of Plant Vogtle in Ga. they told me it could withstand a 747, hurricane, and earthquake at the same time. dont know if its true, but would be nice. beside the uranium is under ground.