Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1999 to 2016 Super Duty (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum30/)
-   -   I got a good one for ya.lol. (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1033666-i-got-a-good-one-for-ya-lol.html)

beerguy214 01-26-2011 06:08 PM

I got a good one for ya.lol.

Well i to my 250 in because the something seemed to be wrong with the steering.So i made an appointment at the ford dealer last wednesday for 8:00 a.m. Saturday morning.So i got there right at 8:00 and dropped it off for them to look at it.And they said we will call ya when we know something i said ok.Well they close at 2:00 so by 1:00 i hadn't heard anything so i called them and they said well the tech thinks it might be a bad ujoint.I said ok and he says well i will call u before 2:00.Well he never did so Monday i figured he would call and didn't so i called at like 4:00 p.m.He said well the tech is on a test drive and he dosen't know yet.I am like wtf.Well anyways they finally call me back and said yeah it is the passenger side u joint i said ok fix it.They said ok u can pick it up tomorrow i said cool.Well i called them yesterday after work and it wasn't done.i was pissed but u know they finally called me at 5:50 p.m. and said it's done but we close at 6:00.lol.So i get it today and leave the dealership and had to stop a few places and then my abs light comes on on the dash.So sorry for the long read but do you guys think it was the tech screwed something up or was it just a fluke that it's on.It wasn't on when i left the dealership but i only went 10 miles then it came on.Any help would be appreciated.Oh the dealership was already closed so i couldn't them today.lol.

Lou Braun 01-26-2011 07:15 PM

Bring it back in and have the dealer read the ABS codes. That will tell if the repair was related to the ABS problem or if it was just one of those things that happen.

You will want to get the codes read anyhow so that you know what needs to be repaired.

Lou Braun

Zmann 01-26-2011 07:20 PM

you give no specifics year 4x4 2x2 etc ,, they may have forgot to plug in the front unit bearing wire for the ABS

beerguy214 01-26-2011 07:36 PM

oh yeah it is a 05 f250 c.c. 4x4 with 5.4.I was thinking that because they had to do the passenger side ujoint they had to take of the abs sensor it what i was thinking.

Zmann 01-26-2011 07:39 PM

they chaffed a wire or forgot to plug it in IMHO

akorcovelos 01-26-2011 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by Zmann (Post 9882793)
you give no specifics year 4x4 2x2 etc ,, they may have forgot to plug in the front unit bearing wire for the ABS

They make f250s with 2 wheels?? :-X10

Zmann 01-26-2011 07:56 PM

I know !! why bother with a2 wheeler ? but the last two times I didn't ask.... they were 2x2 and it skewed the whole answer ,, one was unit bearings and the other was front springs lol