Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum41/)
-   -   better way to search craigslist (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1032371-better-way-to-search-craigslist.html)

gusbratz 01-23-2011 12:37 AM

better way to search craigslist

just what it says. 50's trucks don't pop up very often around here and I like to look at them. so i found this and it searches all craigslists in a defined distance around your zip. SearchTempest - The EASY way to search Craigslist

ibuzzard 01-23-2011 01:34 AM

This one's better:

Search Everything on Craigslist,Search all of Craigslist

gusbratz 01-23-2011 01:44 AM

it is definately faster with less stuff on the screen.

Björn 01-23-2011 02:30 AM

that is a good link Ibuzzard

truckdog62563 01-23-2011 07:03 AM

There was a similar site called Craigslook (IIRC) that got put out of business not long ago by CL's threat of legal action. Makes me wonder if these others might face the same because they use the CL name in their formats. What I've been doing since that page got shut down is to do a Google search for the subject at site:craigslist.org. For instance, "Ford Marmon Herrington site:craigslist.org". It gives nationwide postings too, but I'll be comparing the methods to see if one or the other yields better search results. Stu

Doc 01-23-2011 08:19 AM

I just tried that craigslistcrawler. Although it's simpler, I'm still partial to searchtempest because it lets you do a search around your home zip code and the results get farther and farther away in a target-like fashion as you go down the list. But, I can see how that crawler would be better if you're looking for that rare piece and don't care how far away it might be.

kenjh 01-23-2011 08:28 AM

just tried this found parts I want/need..but the dang e-mail wont work from mexico..is a filter thing??or am i doing something wrong again??rust free cab with doors ..350 bucks!!! AARRGGGGHhhh gimme a wrench I know how to use that!!!

4tl8ford 01-23-2011 12:08 PM

Been using the free version - seems to work well.

Download CraigsPal | CraigsPal

Alcaeus 01-23-2011 09:15 PM

I like the Mash
site mash : : combined classified and auction listings

it searches just the truck areas of both epay and craigslist. You can sort by area like southwest United states, Arizona, North east, etc.

hellfirejim 01-24-2011 06:30 AM

WARNING: I used the tempest search and that is how I found my truck. This is a very dangerous tool and will set you up to consume a lot of money and time......:-X10

jim
:-tap

Moe Craig 01-24-2011 10:29 AM

I use allofcraigs.com - Search ALL of Craigslist ... Warning!!! use at own risk... Not resposible for others spending!

CharlieLed 01-24-2011 01:04 PM

There must be a bunch of these apps out there now...seems like CL would get the hint and build it into their own software. Here's onw that I use Nationwide Craigslist Search Engine - CI

SVT-F100 01-24-2011 06:38 PM

I like the using the Firefox, that way you can scroll through all the listings and see sneak peaks of the images without having to open them.

tazcliff 01-24-2011 08:29 PM

Craiglook worked really well I am bummed its gone

lvin4jc 01-25-2011 12:05 AM

Originally Posted by tazcliff (Post 9873019)
Craiglook worked really well I am bummed its gone

Me too, it's "Claz.com" now but it's only searching backpage.com and a few other small ones, not c-list.

And yes, why hasn't Craigslist figured this out yet? I live in WY and we're all in the middle of nowhere up here, Billings, MT has 100k ppl in it and that is the biggest city in a 3 state area. So when I post something for sale I have to post it in the WY, MT & SD craigslists to get it any sort of exposure at all. Also, since there aren't any ppl and there's so much land it's nothing for us to drive a few hundred miles to pick up a part, shoot, we drive a couple hundred to get to Target, any mall, Best Buy, Sears etc. But I have to make all my listings different because C-list kicks out duplicates :-banghead