Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Michigan Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum85/)
-   -   CPL holders (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1031794-cpl-holders.html)

just another truck 01-21-2011 11:41 AM

CPL holders

I dont know how you feel about about PFZ's, but if you are against it, there is a bill being introduced to do away with them. if you are interested, there is an online petition.

Michigan House Bills 4009 and 4010 Petition

;

Talyn 01-21-2011 12:38 PM

I love cup holders.
Unfortunately my truck only has one.

just another truck 01-21-2011 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by Talyn (Post 9857499)
I love cup holders.
Unfortunately my truck only has one.

:eek: :-banghead :-offtopic :-X10

maevans 01-21-2011 03:52 PM

Thanks for the heads up Pat, and that reminds me, I need to go looks to buy a new carry gun, something a little easyier to carry.

Thinking about the Ruger LCP or the Smith&Wesson Bodyguard. :-X01

just another truck 01-21-2011 03:56 PM

I am really liking that LCP, I was worried about the knock down, but appears that it has improved..

maevans 01-21-2011 04:10 PM

I'm sure with your shooting skills Pat, you could put all six shoot were they need to hit.............. then reload.:-X01

These are the ones you will what to use - http://www.smokewagongear.com/p-1461...box-90080.aspx

officer131 01-21-2011 04:48 PM

Timing is off by a few weeks. I just sold my S&W revolver "airweight" for $200

Department originally had Sig's. P239 & P229 issued. We were able to buy those from them. I have since sold both, one to soon ex-father inlaw, and the other to my brother.

We were issued new S&W MP's. Absolute garbage of a gun with all the malfunctions. We returned them and are now issued Glocks 33, 31. Always loved them. First handgun was a Glock 22.

SDTriton250 01-21-2011 06:36 PM

We call our licenses CWFL's. Concealed Weapons and Firearms License. Just the same, we're looking forward to a little more relaxing of our carry laws too here in Florida. Open carry may become legal by July. I would still carry concealed but loosely without worry of an accidental peek.
We picked up an LCP a few weeks ago to add to our small collection. It had failure to eject about every 4th round. Turns out the ejector was stiff and binding the empty brass against the other side of the ejection port. I lubricated it with a little gun oil and worked it a couple hundred times with the side of a dull pocket knife and now all it well. Neat little pocket gun for times when my G26 is just a tad too big.
Along with our G17 and G19, I now have a burning desire for a G30. Shot one last weekend. Like a cannon for the hand in a decent size and weight.

SidecarFlip 01-21-2011 06:45 PM

Interesting. I have a CPL but I never carry a firearm except in a case, unloaded, back and forth to the range. I've never felt any need to carry a loaded firearm.

In our current state of society, perpetuated by the current and past administrations, using deadly force to protect yourself makes you the guilty party.

My concealed carry is just used for purchases and to reduce the aggrivation factor.

I spent part of a motorcycle trip this summer with my good friend who carries constantly, and a German citizen we met enroute and we all decided to ride together. One evening at a motel, my friend got out his carry gun, in this case a Tarus 45-410 and showed it to the German guy who had no apparent interest. His comment was and I quote... We aren't allowed to own handguns in Germany and only one sporting firearm (long gun) for hunting purposes. Only the military has handguns. I have no need for a handgun anyway, that's what we have law enforcement for and our citizens (Germans) respect the rights of fellow Germans.

My comment is maybe we (as a country) should get back to the basic premise of what's yours is yours and what's mine is mine and not I have a concealed carry so I have a big head (or little member, or whatever).

I think this testosterone fueled idea of carrying a piece is a bit out of hand.... and I'm going to hear about the Second Amendment and how it pertains to gun ownership but the Second Amendment is more about the right to bear arms in time of national crisis, not about carrying a piece like it's a teething ring for an adult baby.

I shoot competition match pistol and benchrest rifle and I enjoy my sport and I feel no need to tote a gun, in a hloster or in my pocket to give m a sense of security.

Just my opinion.

I'm sure you have yours.

just another truck 01-21-2011 07:38 PM

I love some of your comments, and a few really cracked me up, sadly because some were true. But as far as others, such as the Germans respecting the rights of others, yeah, not to much different from here, at least from what I have been able to read.

The police to protect, I am sure we are all aware of the quote that sounds something like " when seconds count, a cop is a couple of minutes away". I do not wish to take away from what an officer does, by no means, they have a heck of a job to do, they deserve our respect.

Michigan is has done away with alot of the laws that automatically make you guilty, The castle doctrine also was a large asset when it was put in place A Review of Castle Doctrine & No-Retreat Legislation.

I dont hold any opinion really if one chooses to carry, or not, but I do believe it should be their choice, but I also believe there are those out there that scare the hell out of that they even own a firearm, let alone carry it.

I however feel that the reason for carry is as simple as the reason I have a fire extingisher in my truck, and my home. It is a tool that if needed, will be there.

It is not for bragging rights, ( unless we are at the range I am able out shoot someone). It is not for a big head, and it isnt for a lack of other items..if that were the case, I would have done the .44 mag, if I am going to compensate, I am going big. So far my wife has not learned to use a tap measure, so I am still good there.

Granted, I put myself places that I shouldnt, but always have, I have always stopped on the side of the road to help someone out. I am the one that is called when the alarm goes off at the shop. By the way, I was armed even when I didnt have the CPL, just carried it in the back of the truck until I got there. Did you know, that had something happened, and that I needed the firearm then, and I used it, I WOULD BE CHARGED with premeditated murder, this was because I brought the fire arm.

No, I am not going the second amendment way, I see the link to a time of it being needed for bigger things, such as a goverment who is controling, 8D but I also see it for a personal protection thing as well.

and last, you are certainly right, it makes it a heck of a lot easier to purchase a firearm..

Originally Posted by SidecarFlip (Post 9859082)
Interesting. I have a CPL but I never carry a firearm except in a case, unloaded, back and forth to the range. I've never felt any need to carry a loaded firearm.

In our current state of society, perpetuated by the current and past administrations, using deadly force to protect yourself makes you the guilty party.

My concealed carry is just used for purchases and to reduce the aggrivation factor.

I spent part of a motorcycle trip this summer with my good friend who carries constantly, and a German citizen we met enroute and we all decided to ride together. One evening at a motel, my friend got out his carry gun, in this case a Tarus 45-410 and showed it to the German guy who had no apparent interest. His comment was and I quote... We aren't allowed to own handguns in Germany and only one sporting firearm (long gun) for hunting purposes. Only the military has handguns. I have no need for a handgun anyway, that's what we have law enforcement for and our citizens (Germans) respect the rights of fellow Germans.

My comment is maybe we (as a country) should get back to the basic premise of what's yours is yours and what's mine is mine and not I have a concealed carry so I have a big head (or little member, or whatever).

I think this testosterone fueled idea of carrying a piece is a bit out of hand.... and I'm going to hear about the Second Amendment and how it pertains to gun ownership but the Second Amendment is more about the right to bear arms in time of national crisis, not about carrying a piece like it's a teething ring for an adult baby.

I shoot competition match pistol and benchrest rifle and I enjoy my sport and I feel no need to tote a gun, in a hloster or in my pocket to give m a sense of security.

Just my opinion.

I'm sure you have yours.

just another truck 01-21-2011 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by SDTriton250 (Post 9859035)
We call our licenses CWFL's. Concealed Weapons and Firearms License. Just the same, we're looking forward to a little more relaxing of our carry laws too here in Florida. Open carry may become legal by July. I would still carry concealed but loosely without worry of an accidental peek.
We picked up an LCP a few weeks ago to add to our small collection. It had failure to eject about every 4th round. Turns out the ejector was stiff and binding the empty brass against the other side of the ejection port. I lubricated it with a little gun oil and worked it a couple hundred times with the side of a dull pocket knife and now all it well. Neat little pocket gun for times when my G26 is just a tad too big.
Along with our G17 and G19, I now have a burning desire for a G30. Shot one last weekend. Like a cannon for the hand in a decent size and weight.

It was called a CCW, Carrying a Conceled weapon at one time here, but some fools thought that gave them a right to carry a switchblade.THey were not really fools, and truth be told, I am not sure why they couldnt if they did have a CCW, but anyhow, then the arguement became, What could you carry with a CCW, and that is why it is now a CPL

300 Buster 01-21-2011 07:57 PM

SidecarFlip...Yes I do,I'm 60 yrs old,been a NRA member since I was old enough to be one,and seen so much crap go by,and it gets worse as time goes by.There isn't enough space here to even begin to reply to what you just said.As for the "German",he lives right up to his heritage,letting their government brainwash and walk all over them,getting stomped in two world wars,killing millions of innocent civilian people,and not being able to own personal firearms.Too bad he was allowed to enjoy America.

maevans 01-21-2011 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by 300 Buster (Post 9859440)
SidecarFlip...Yes I do,I'm 60 yrs old,been a NRA member since I was old enough to be one,and seen so much crap go by,and it gets worse as time goes by.There isn't enough space here to even begin to reply to what you just said.As for the "German",he lives right up to his heritage,letting their government brainwash and walk all over them,getting stomped in two world wars,killing millions of innocent civilian people,and not being able to own personal firearms.Too bad he was allowed to enjoy America.

100% agreed.

Sidecarflip - you are right, I do have a opinion, and it's a lot different then your's.

Talyn 01-21-2011 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by officer131 (Post 9858537)
Timing is off by a few weeks. I just sold my S&W revolver "airweight" for $200

Department originally had Sig's. P239 & P229 issued. We were able to buy those from them. I have since sold both, one to soon ex-father inlaw, and the other to my brother.

We were issued new S&W MP's. Absolute garbage of a gun with all the malfunctions. We returned them and are now issued Glocks 33, 31. Always loved them. First handgun was a Glock 22.

Aww, those S&W MP's sucked?
Bummer.
Oh well, it was just a lame 9mm. haha.
It looked like a 1911 in some respects.

I have a glock 20 (10mm) and a 41magnum revolver.

SidecarFlip 01-21-2011 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by 300 Buster (Post 9859440)

I don't belong to the NRA and I won't join. The NRA is basically a bunch of political hacks bent on collecting membership dues and spending the money on salaries and needless political panderings. Case in point, the NRA gave a personal recommendation to John Dingell. The same idiot who endorsed Obamacare and is completely out of touch with anything if it don't concern lining his pockets. I'm glad you peed all that money away, I spent mine on high end competition handguns and rifles.

I went to Cabelas (by invitation) and listened to the President of the NRA preach the Second Amendment and how it pertained to individual rights concerning firearm ownership. He, like your current congress concerning Obamacare, obviously never read what he was preaching about, nor they concerning Obamacare.

The NRA is just like AARP, another organization I don't belong to and I'm older than you are. You are a kid yet.

Your government (here) is continually brainwashing you through the state run media. Wake up and smell the roses. No, if you haven't figured it out by now you might as well pray there's some Social Security left when you can collect it..... That's gone too. Appropriated in a large part by the very person the NRA endorsed in the last election here in the depression state.

Just remember, money talks and BS walks. Follow the money trail. You'll be surprised where it leads. Start with the Rothschilds. Then FDR. This has all been planned for decades. You are a pawn in the game. That's it.

I'm not going to continue except to say that the LEO that's on here knows full well who pays for his riot control training, his ongoing anti terrorism training and how the Department of Homeland Security plays into your everyday lives. Ask him. We'll see if he fesses up.

You are all just sheep for the slaughter....

I'd rather discuss trucks. It's a much safer subject especially when posting to the uninformed.

I have to work tomorrow, unlike the unrecorded 18 percent or so in this state that don't. I'm on time and a half. Retired once and double dipping. What a deal. I still pay taxes for the entitlement crowd. Have to keep the unemployment bene's going, the food stamps, the ADC and all the other entitlement programs.....

Finally, never forget Katrina and what happened in New Orleans. Those law enforcement personnell just didn't pick on random houss looking for firearms, they had previous information. No President in modern times has rescinded the War Powers Act, the very act that gives the President ultimate control and the power to institute martial law.... New Orleans.

Gave you a lot to ponder. I suggest some research. You have no rights, though you think you do. Key word is think. That's dangerous. That Concealed Carry is nothing more than a placating token....and a direct line to you.

Back to regular programming.....