Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Connecticut Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum227/)
-   -   Anyone care to lend a helping hand please? (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1030904-anyone-care-to-lend-a-helping-hand-please.html)

2006powerstroke90 01-18-2011 05:26 PM

Anyone care to lend a helping hand please?

Well my 6.0 broke down. I know I know.

Dead in the driveway, and I really cannot afford to have a dealer look at it, or work on it.

I can do the work, but I cannot figure out whats wrong with it:-banghead

Cranks and cranks, doesnt pop or anything, not even with a tiny shot of starting fluid.

I am in Danbury. Exit 8 off i-84.

I really could use a helping hand to try and figure it out this weekend. If anyone is willing to stop by that would be great. Thanks!

7.3 Rocket 01-18-2011 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by 2006powerstroke90 (Post 9843599)
Well my 6.0 broke down. I know I know.

Dead in the driveway, and I really cannot afford to have a dealer look at it, or work on it.

I can do the work, but I cannot figure out whats wrong with it:-banghead

Cranks and cranks, doesnt pop or anything, not even with a tiny shot of starting fluid.

I am in Danbury. Exit 8 off i-84.

I really could use a helping hand to try and figure it out this weekend. If anyone is willing to stop by that would be great. Thanks!

Danbury is a bit of a haul but I'm going to suggest posting your problem in the 6.0L forums. There's some pretty knowledgeable folk up there.

By the way nobody's going to harass you too seriously about the 6.0 here. I've got one of the company 6.0s disassembled on a stand out of the truck right now, Andy's got a 6.0, and so does Aaron.

Zookie400 01-18-2011 06:45 PM

ether is dangerous with glow plugs, but if you take the IC return pipe off at the intake manifold and give it a decent shot of ether it should fire. make sure to not "wait to start", turn the key directly from off to crank so they dont have time to get hot, otherwise you will get fire out of the intake. if the engine doesnt fire off of ether, you have a serious issue, likely valvetrain failure, and you will be taking the engine out.

i bet it will start on ether, and if it continues running that is good to know while tracking down the issue. like pete said, i would definitely post up in the 6.0 section.

Nice Work Truck 01-21-2011 05:38 PM

Check your FICM voltage, it could also be the STC fitting on the HPOP, they are known for going and not letting the truck start.

PowerJoker6.0 01-31-2011 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by Nice Work Truck (Post 9858724)
Check your FICM voltage, it could also be the STC fitting on the HPOP, they are known for going and not letting the truck start.

what he said

pizza pig 02-28-2011 09:30 AM

Im in New Fairfield, this is Greg...

check the ficm voltage, seems like thats your cultprit