Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum41/)
-   -   WINDSHIELD SPRAYER NOZZLES (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1027428-windshield-sprayer-nozzles.html)

POS-F500 01-11-2011 09:40 AM

If you use masking tape while drilling, run the tape over a pant leg, etc. several times before applying to the area to be drilled. the worst part of using masking tape and drilling is lifting the tape after drilling and removing a patch of paint with it.

Running the tape over your leg will lesson the adhesion... it's a trick we used to use at body shops if we wanted to tape... but were afraid of possibly taking the paint back up with the tape.

ALBUQ F-1 01-11-2011 09:47 AM

Good trick! You should also post it in the "Tips" sticky.

rhopper 01-11-2011 10:04 PM

The pump and bottle are easy, I snagged a big square one from a GM car in the junkyard. It will wire to my jeep/gm column easily. You could get creative and use a generic parts store pump and something cute for the bottle. Under hood would be best as filling the bottle under the dash would be a pita. Some older GM cars had nozzles that were skinny tubing with a crimp in the end, very easy to hide. Maybe sneak a couple of those at the rear of the hood, just above the cab. Might be a good excuse to not adjust your hood gap any better than it is.

My Ford Truck 01-12-2011 06:47 PM

While I"m working on my '55 (maybe I should say when I walk through the garage and look at the pile of parts and pieces) I drive a '98 Cavalier on days when I can't ride my motorcycle. The Cavalier windshield washer system is integrated into the wipers and is awesome. Surely there is a way to get this system in our trucks. Think about it, GM figured it out for a Cavalier so it shouldn't be a challenge for the FTE brains!

arrowheadfred 01-12-2011 07:16 PM

pic.
 
Take a pic. so i can have a starting point.:-duel1

My Ford Truck 01-12-2011 09:42 PM


Originally Posted by arrowheadfred (Post 9815547)
Take a pic. so i can have a starting point.:-duel1

You want a pic? How about you send some warm temps this way to melt the snow! :-X21 I will work on getting some pics, but it will probably be the weekend before I have a chance to get out in the daylight.

arrowheadfred 01-12-2011 09:56 PM

move
 
I have said this before. All yall folks that live up north growed up there and when you were kids you had to live there cause thats were your folks lived. BUT NOW YOUR ALL GROWN UP. SO MOVE . LOL I JUST DON'T GET IT !!!!! But then again there is no place like home. :-drink

Mervy49 01-12-2011 09:58 PM


Originally Posted by My Ford Truck (Post 9815384)
While I"m working on my '55 (maybe I should say when I walk through the garage and look at the pile of parts and pieces) I drive a '98 Cavalier on days when I can't ride my motorcycle. The Cavalier windshield washer system is integrated into the wipers and is awesome. Surely there is a way to get this system in our trucks. Think about it, GM figured it out for a Cavalier so it shouldn't be a challenge for the FTE brains!

You just gave me am idea...see what you think.
I don't know what your stock truck wiper switch is like but could a person incorporate an electrical lead to the wiper switch from the pump in the washer bottle to activate the pump? A little off your topic though.

Sorry about the HIGHJACKING everyone.

lexcoe 01-13-2011 12:26 AM

there are switches made like that, i think Cole Hersee maybe?


John

arrowheadfred 01-13-2011 12:32 AM

STOCK
 
You just push down on the stock 51 windshield wiper switch to make it spray.

My Ford Truck 01-13-2011 05:00 PM


Originally Posted by arrowheadfred (Post 9816450)
I have said this before. All yall folks that live up north growed up there and when you were kids you had to live there cause thats were your folks lived. BUT NOW YOUR ALL GROWN UP. SO MOVE . LOL I JUST DON'T GET IT !!!!! But then again there is no place like home. :-drink

If I had known 30 years ago what I know today, I would be in a warm climate! But then again, I might not know my wonderful wife or have two incredible children!

20 months. That is when I retire. 30 years with my company but too young to quit working completely so I will need a part time job. And believe me, I'm looking into a much warmer climate!

Mervy49 01-14-2011 02:29 AM


Originally Posted by arrowheadfred (Post 9816908)
You just push down on the stock 51 windshield wiper switch to make it spray.

Thanks, exactly what I'm looking for.

HILLBILLY BOB 01-14-2011 06:12 AM


Originally Posted by My Ford Truck (Post 9820054)
If I had known 30 years ago what I know today, I would be in a warm climate! But then again, I might not know my wonderful wife or have two incredible children!

20 months. That is when I retire. 30 years with my company but too young to quit working completely so I will need a part time job. And believe me, I'm looking into a much warmer climate!

then come on down to florida we have a lot of peoplehere from illinois

arrowheadfred 01-14-2011 03:20 PM

WELCOME
 

Originally Posted by HILLBILLY BOB (Post 9822422)
then come on down to florida we have a lot of peoplehere from illinois

YEP 2/3 of florida is SNOWBIRDS People that are from here call a yankee that moves here a DAM YANKEE. LOL:-X24:-missingt

My Ford Truck 01-15-2011 03:58 PM


Originally Posted by arrowheadfred (Post 9815547)
Take a pic. so i can have a starting point.:-duel1

Well, I took a couple of pictures. Started a new album, but can't get the pictures to load into the album.:-banghead

Basically there is a flexible tube which comes up right behind the hood next to the wiper shaft, runs under the wiper frame and attaches with a clip. It would be easy to get the tube from the engine compartment into the cab through the firewall, but then you would have to drill a hole under the windshield for the tube to attach to the wiper. Then you have to find a way to seal the hole for the tube to keep water from entering. Plus, there are a lot of things inside the dash that would be in the way of routing the tube! I see more problems then it would be worth trying this.

Good thing my hood already has a spray jet on it!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:03 AM.


© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands