Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Nebraska Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum176/)
-   -   January's 2011 New Year B/S thread! (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1024875-januarys-2011-new-year-b-s-thread.html)

big-ugly 01-23-2011 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by 97nukeford (Post 9866811)
Brandon, welcome to the world of owning old trucks! Just spent 4 hours snowblowing here and at my mother-in-laws. I hate winter.

haha thanks Pat. I have owned this truck for over four years now and this is the first time she has given me any problems other than an altenator and a couple of window-motors. Right now the problems are one after the other... like I said, I fix one problem and instantly have two more.. its a never ending battle! I think once I get this damned neutral-safety switch replaced, and get the CB hooked back up (antenna wasn't working) she will be ready to do some more coyote hunting! The old girl is punishing me for tampering with her!

X_Hemi_Guy 01-23-2011 03:26 PM

Afternoon Nebraska...hope everyone is trying to stay warm!

It is still in the single digits here in Indiana...brrr...

But we did go tobogganing this weekend...I've posted some pictures in my Indiana BS thread...

Have a good one...!

Joe.

big-ugly 01-23-2011 03:37 PM

I am staying warm (now). Have been working on the 89 outside for the last two days, lots of fun in sleet and snow... She is being a tempermental bitch for some reason lately..

YouRang 01-23-2011 06:58 PM

hey all whats going on?

big-ugly 01-23-2011 07:21 PM

I am just now starting to relax and wind-down after my hectic weekend of truck repair. Hopefully I will get to get hunting with the guys next weekend.

cowboywanabe 01-23-2011 07:56 PM

Good evening Nebraska! Looks like the heavy snow stayed south of me again.... got about 3 inches here. Pretty chilly this morning at -16. We're at 2 now, but it is supposed to climb out of the freezer tonight and hit 30 tomorrow

big-ugly 01-23-2011 08:48 PM

We are shootin' for 32 here tomorrow! It would be nice to get some decent weather again!

carolinaranger90 01-24-2011 02:17 AM

Sorry for the late arrival guys, things haven't been very "Kosher" on my end.
My wife is starting to see more and more of why I want us to leave this place, and the state it's in.

We were in a bad wreck 2 years ago, and I've STILL got glass in my leg and a web of hairline fractures in my pelvic bone, so when it gets cold, I naturally get grumpy and avoid human contact.

We've just been fighting with life's "Normal" curve balls, I had to take the truck off the road after the brakes went out and call out of work to take the wife's car (which is a nightmare in the snow even for a FWD car) off moth-ball status and fix the under dash electrical issues and in the middle of that my manager calls me, and tells me she needs me to come in to speak with her, had to drive there without turn signals or brake lights, only to be told "We've decided your no longer wanted here as an employee, but would like to keep you as a customer"......couldn't have chosen a better time. Fat chance at the customer deal, but I figure that after almost a year, it's pretty random to be laid off.

the following 2 weeks weren't much better but were manageable, till heading out to an interview I slid on ice and hit a curb and blew the drivers side tires out on the sidewall, wonderful, I walked the remaining distance to the interview, didn't get the job on the spot but they will have interviews completed this week, I got back to the car for a parking ticket, and replaced the tire with the spare, a week later the police arrest my brother, they still haven't charged him, but will not release him, so we have no idea why he's there, woke up the next day to a slashed tire......this time the passengers front.......B-E-A-UTIFUL.

Pulled the truck back out, and capped the line off, I don't have full pressure, but I can stop the truck, I can't afford the things it needs atm, nor can we afford to be without transportation.

The financial balance? 4 tires (the last 2 are bald-ish) are $289 or there abouts......new brakes? $308 give or take pending if I need a spanner bolt socket.

So here I sit, with my youngest passed out on my lap, typing this to share for all to shake their head at and wonder "What's Next"
But.......you should all smile, looking down at my son asleep, I can see one thing that hasn't faulted, hasn't left me in the cold nor the dark, and that's my family.

How has everyone here been?

carolinaranger90 01-24-2011 03:04 AM

I must add, I did make one achievement, after snapping a fair lead pin while pulling a car from a snowbank, I found the time to fix it with some stuff I had laying around.

2 Class 8 bolts outta do the job.
http://i863.photobucket.com/albums/a...WinchFixed.jpg

flyer122 01-24-2011 04:22 AM

Good morning Nebraska.

cbradford 01-24-2011 04:37 AM

Good morning Nebraska.

A temp. of 0* here this morning.

plngflow 01-24-2011 04:46 AM

Good Morning

Here I sit at my new job its almost 5am out its 4 degrees here at Lincoln sure glad my job is an inside one. I like this job but don't like working nights. My 04 F150 needs ball joints and might as well replace the struts while at it. I can not believe the price people want to fix it.

sddesigns 01-24-2011 05:06 AM

Good Morning Nebraska! :)

Happy New Week! :D

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

-9°F here this morning!

X_Hemi_Guy 01-24-2011 05:52 AM

Good Morning Nebraska!

Temps here today aren't the bad thing...it is snowing and blowing!!!

Hope everyone has a great week!

Joe.

wildstang 01-24-2011 05:56 AM

Good morning, stay warm and have a great Monday Nebraska.