Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   '80-'86 FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions) (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum259/)
-   -   FAQ - How to request a Build Sheet (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1023416-faq-how-to-request-a-build-sheet.html)

dyingtolive 12-27-2010 07:26 PM

FAQ - How to request a Build Sheet

Moderator's Note - These reports are now availble exclusively from Marti Automotive:

Marti's website is www.martiauto.com.
Their phone number is 623.953.2558.

-chris
27-Mar-2016

=====BEGIN ORIGINAL THREAD=====
I just remembered, a couple of weeks ago, I requested a build sheet for my truck from Ford. Should be coming in the mail within the next week or so. I don't NEED it, but I thought it would be interesting documentation to have. Plus, I get to find out my truck's birthday. Ha.

Anyway, I figured there might be more out there, like me, who just want to know everything there is to know about their trucks. For those of you interested in getting a build sheet for your truck, contact Ford at this number, give them your VIN, give your name, phone number and address so Ford/ Ford's Archives can contact you should the need arise, and so they can send you your build sheet, and it'll be in your mailbox in four to six weeks.

Ford Motor Company
Customer Relationship Center
United States
800-392-3673
800-232-5952 (TDD for the Hearing Impaired)
Available 8:00a.m.-5:00p.m. Local Time (Central)
Monday-Friday

ctubutis 12-27-2010 07:43 PM

Thanks, I added this thread to the sticky. :)
Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums - View Single Post - '80-'86 Tech Tips, Tricks and Projects:

dyingtolive 12-27-2010 08:04 PM

Hmm. I must have missed that on their website. Oh well, it's no problem. The ladies at Ford's Customer Relations Center and the Archives were very nice, and extremely helpful. Got me squared away in about five minutes. Definitely a nice change of pace to talk to a customer service rep. who actually speaks English and doesn't have a giant metal pole shoved up you know where. Haha

Wicked Endings 12-27-2010 08:42 PM

Build Sheet?

Tell me more....

ctubutis 12-27-2010 08:46 PM

:-offtopic But I can't resist ;)

Originally Posted by dyingtolive (Post 9740056)
The ladies at Ford's Customer Relations Center and the Archives were very nice, and extremely helpful. Got me squared away in about five minutes. Definitely a nice change of pace to talk to a customer service rep. who actually speaks English and doesn't have a giant metal pole shoved up you know where. Haha

YouTube - Discover Card "My name is Peggy" 2010 Commercial

YouTube - Peggy -- Transfer - Discover Card Commercial

YouTube - Peggy -- Hold - Discover Card Commercial

dyingtolive 12-27-2010 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by Wicked Endings (Post 9740228)
Build Sheet?

Tell me more....

A vehicle's build sheet tells you just about everything about the vehicle. They day it was built, the plant that it came from, the original paint, engine, trim package, axles, tire size, transmission, etc. along with just about every statistic, such as original dry weight, curb weight, etc. Basically, it's a VIN decoder, but goes much more in depth, and will provide you with more information than you'll get out of a VIN number. It's free, and if you're interested, it's probably worth the wait. Now, I haven't gotten mine yet, so I can't tell you EXACTLY what's on it, but I have a pretty good idea. I'll be sure to post when it comes in the mail. You can also even get the window sticker that was in the window of the vehicle when it was shipped to a dealership, but that's only available on certain years/models. Unfortunately, mine wasn't one of them, otherwise I would've gotten the original window sticker too.

Wicked Endings 12-27-2010 09:02 PM

And how do I get this?

smashclash 12-27-2010 09:02 PM

How much did it cost?

dyingtolive 12-27-2010 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by Wicked Endings (Post 9740326)
And how do I get this?

Call Ford's Customer Relationship Center.

Ford Motor Company
Customer Relationship Center
United States
800-392-3673
800-232-5952 (TDD for the Hearing Impaired)
Available 8:00a.m.-5:00p.m. Local Time (Central)
Monday-Friday

Tell them that you need to get a build sheet for your truck, and give them the information they need. Name, Address, Phone Number, VIN, etc. And they'll do the research in the Archives and send you your build sheet in the mail in 4-6 weeks.

dyingtolive 12-27-2010 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by smashclash (Post 9740327)
How much did it cost?

About five minutes of my time. The build sheet is totally free. You don't even pay for the shipping/postage.

Wicked Endings 12-27-2010 09:22 PM

I'm going to get one of these.

dyingtolive 12-27-2010 09:28 PM

Go for it, man. Post up when you get it. Let us know what's on it.

dyingtolive 12-27-2010 09:32 PM

By the way, ctubutis- those videos were pretty hilarious, man. I watched them all like three times. Called my dad into the room. And watched them again. And continued to laugh.

dyingtolive 01-14-2011 06:11 PM

Well, my build sheet came in. Figured I'd post what it says. It's actually like a personal letter from one of Ford's research representatives. Signed and everything. It reads:

Dear Mr. Acevedo:

Thank you for your recent contact with the Customer Relationship Center. You asked the CRC to provide you with the original specifications and optional equipment for your vehicle at the time of manufacture. Your vehicle identification number, 2FTEF14Y9ECA93692 decodes as follows:

2FT: Ford Truck Completed Vehicle Manufactured By Ford (Canada)
E: Hydraulic Brake System GVWR Class E
F14: F-150 (4x4) Style Side
Y: 4.9L 300" CID 6-Cylinder Engine
9: Check Digit
E: 1984 Model Year
C: Manufactured at our Oakville Plant
A93692: Consecutive Unit Number

This vehicle was produced on 03/12/1984 with the following options:

117" Wheelbase
Amp Meter and Oil Gauge
Sliding Rear Window
4-Speed Manual Transmission (Warner T-18)
3.08 Non-Locking Rear Axle Ratio
P235/75Rx15" Tires
Dual Low Mount Stainless Aero Head Mirrors
Manual Air Conditioner
AM/FM Stereo
Sporty Turbine Wheel Covers
Auxillary Fuel Tank witn Standard Tank
Medium Dark Fire Red Exterior Paint Color
Knit and Vinyl Interior Trim Scheme
Canyon Red Interior Trim Color
All Around Tinted Glass
Wheel Lip Moulding

I hope this information helps you.

Sincerely,

Terry Lynn Levin
Research Unit Representative
North American Customer Relationship Center

Old Hickory 01-14-2011 07:15 PM

I ordered one for my 1981 F100 last March and still have not got it. I have the #number
for the request and got the call back to confrim the request. But now 10 months later
have not received it. Has anyone else had this problem with them?