Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Minnesota Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum86/)
-   -   Trying to gauge posible truck sale. (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1022725-trying-to-gauge-posible-truck-sale.html)

MN_Viking 12-24-2010 11:15 PM

Trying to gauge posible truck sale.

I am thinking about getting rid of my truck and seeing what you guys think about my sale. It's my 99 f-250 reg cab long box XLT v10 4x4 green. I believe the mileage to be around 150,000. I came across a misfire and it smokes like a 2-stroke. I fear the motor having a hole in the piston since it smokes as bad as it does. I would try to sell it as a parts/project truck for $2,000. It ran when parked, tires need to be changed as well. It does have rust on it as it was a work truck.

I just dont have the time and money to venture into getting it back on the road.

What do you guys think about my possible sale?

dlibson 12-25-2010 07:57 AM

Seems to be close to in line on the price without seeing it. I would like a winter "beater" myself too, but I don't have the extra $2,000. But if you still have it around after a while, I may be talking to you.

fordpower88 12-25-2010 06:50 PM

Sounds like a decent price to me depending on what the condition of the rest of the truck is.

DieselCamper01 12-25-2010 07:24 PM

Yeah if the engine needs a lot of work and there is rust it's difficult to get a lot of money. That sounds like a fair price to me

mndiesel 12-26-2010 04:06 AM

Terry, I have Auto Enginuity and that could tell you what is wrong. That way you know and can better judge the price from there. Just a thought otherwise that does sound like a good estimate......

HD'94 12-26-2010 10:00 AM

It sounds good to me as well for price and if I had the money Terry I would be talking to you about it cause thats more or less the next truck I want to get.

MN_Viking 12-26-2010 07:00 PM

Thanks for the responses guys. I got a buddy who is ASE certified and were thinking of doing a leak down test but need tires to get it rolling haha.

I guess after we do the leak down test we can better see the price. Also the body is in ok condition. The front bumper got hit but just took a dent. The fenders has some rust as well as the bottoms of the doors. I am currently looking for a box to switch out since construction beat it up too much.

I figure fo the price of 2,000 its a good starting point and if the motor just has a burnt valver then I will fix it myself to get it running. So I will have both heads re-studded for the manifolds and also will put the spark plug fix-it kit from Ford in all holes.

havi 12-26-2010 07:02 PM

It sounds like it lasted its lifetime of 10 years, which isn't bad. That should be about 4 years after its paid for through a loan. That's better than a lot of others.

If I had $2000 I'd buy it.