Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   6.0L Power Stroke Diesel (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum107/)
-   -   Before and After with Rev X Video (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1021861-before-and-after-with-rev-x-video.html)

FishOnOne 12-21-2010 09:24 PM

Before and After with Rev X Video

YouTube - LosBanosF250's Channel

Here's a video before and after Rev X was added to the oil to address cold start injector stiction.

Enjoy... and Merry Christmas

smokersteve 12-21-2010 09:29 PM

Thanks!!!!

Groodman 12-21-2010 09:39 PM

Wow the before video is my truck now! I ordered some Rev-x before I saw this post. Hope it does the same for me. Good luck.

FishOnOne 12-21-2010 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by Groodman (Post 9717993)
Wow the before video is my truck now! I ordered some Rev-x before I saw this post. Hope it does the same for me. Good luck.

Groodman,
There's a very good chance it will resolve your injector stiction. I've tried this product last winter with excellent results. I now got the inductive heating flash that has solved my stiction problems.

High Binder 12-21-2010 10:28 PM

How long after adding it did you see the change?

Where is a good place to get Rev-X?

Mine runs rough on start up but not nearly as bad as yours. You after Rev-X is awesome!

smokersteve 12-21-2010 10:31 PM

I will be getting rev-x when I get issues :)

John Irwin 12-21-2010 11:43 PM

The first clip sounds like you have a solid roller cam in the truck! I added some rev-x a few weeks ago, didn't do much of anything for my truck, so I guess I didn't have stiction issues. I got my local auto parts dealer to bring some in, and I'm supposed to report back with the results...I was hoping to give him a glowing report.

FishOnOne 12-22-2010 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by High Binder (Post 9718214)
How long after adding it did you see the change?

Where is a good place to get Rev-X?

Mine runs rough on start up but not nearly as bad as yours. You after Rev-X is awesome!

Go to Revxoil.com and order it online

When I tested the Rev X additive I added one evening and drove my truck for a few miles to circulate it. The next morning I noticed a dramatic improvement.

BTW the truck in the video is not my truck.

High Binder 12-22-2010 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by Troy Buenger (Post 9722825)
Go to Revxoil.com and order it online

When I tested the Rev X additive I added one evening a drove my truck for a few miles to circulate it. The next morning I noticed a dramatic improvement.

BTW the truck in the video is not my truck.

Awesome, thanks!

i eat hybrids 12-23-2010 12:40 PM

Thats awesome! How much did you spend?

RickBraden 12-23-2010 12:58 PM

Question

Originally Posted by Troy Buenger (Post 9718138)
Groodman,
There's a very good chance it will resolve your injector stiction. I've tried this product last winter with excellent results. I now got the inductive heating flash that has solved my stiction problems.

Could you tell me what the "inductive heating flash" is or does? Thanks

jdadamsjr 12-23-2010 01:12 PM

IIRC, it's the replacement flash from the one they tried to cycle the injectors after the engine was shut down to purge the fuel... (wasn't too successful or liked by most)

this one heats up the glow plugs for a bit to help the fuel flow out of the injectors after shutdown to eliminate cold fuel in the injectors at next start up...

SixStringMadness 12-23-2010 01:19 PM

Sold!!! going to buy me some of that stuff

America First 12-24-2010 09:40 AM

How often do you use rev-x? Every time you do an oil change, every other time? What's the recommendation? At $66 for the 8 oz. to treat a diesel engine it could get real expensive real fast. I know less than replacing injectors right!

AGE mechanic 12-24-2010 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by America First (Post 9728135)
How often do you use rev-x? Every time you do an oil change, every other time? What's the recommendation? At $66 for the 8 oz. to treat a diesel engine it could get real expensive real fast. I know less than replacing injectors right!

Everytime is what they would like.:(