Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum41/)
-   -   Advertising SPAM in the Private Mail (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1019667-advertising-spam-in-the-private-mail.html)

52 Merc 11-01-2012 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by spurredon (Post 12439149)
This thread should probably die but we are not all that far away from the two year aniversary! "It's", first post was 12-14-10!

Well, then, I say we have a party. :-X03 Two years, sans 'Julie'.:-jammin
:-drink:-drink:-drink:-drink:-drink:-drink:-drink

bobj49f2 11-01-2012 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by bigwin56f100 (Post 12439325)
My ears were burning!

.............:-X04

bobbytnm 11-01-2012 08:23 PM

Tee Hee....

abe 11-01-2012 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by Flybear2000 (Post 12436926)
In my defense the damd thing went on by itself when I elected to post to it. Never had that happen before.

Sounds like the excuse that Hollywood Lib, Eva Longoria used when she retweeted a scathing dirty tweet condemning Mitt Romney where she called him a name. She said it went off by itself. Here are her words: “Is anyone else’s Twitter bugging out? There are things in my timeline I didn’t retweet today.”

bigwin56f100 12-06-2012 12:19 PM

I'm bringing this to the top since its just a couple days away from its 2 year anniversary!

How about some reps boys! :-X04 (you know for a job well done :-X13)

tjc transport 12-06-2012 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by bigwin56f100 (Post 12565910)
I'm bringing this to the top since its just a couple days away from its 2 year anniversary!

How about some reps boys! :-X04 (you know for a job well done :-X13)

how about us moderators give you a 3 week vacation infraction for bring this thread back to life? :D

bobj49f2 12-06-2012 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by tjc transport (Post 12566073)
how about us moderators give you a 3 week vacation infraction for bring this thread back to life? :D

http://www.fatfenderedtrucks.com/similies/ouch.gif

Fomoko1 12-06-2012 01:45 PM

Groan...... :-down

Harrier 12-06-2012 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by Fomoko1 (Post 12566190)
Groan...... :-down

You know you love us! :)
I saw your user id as the last post and I thought "What is a moderator doing dragging up this thread."

Fomoko1 12-06-2012 11:28 PM

Originally Posted by Harrier (Post 12567779)
You know you love us! :)
I saw your user id as the last post and I thought "What is a moderator doing dragging up this thread."

This is a a really enjoyable forum thanks to everybody here so yes, I do feel good about us.
As for dragging up this thread that is a big no. :D

boonslick 01-20-2014 05:49 PM

Tips and Tricks with a Computer.

Originally Posted by Julies Cool F1 (Post 9685679)
I'm not sure about any of the rest of you, but I have started getting advertising in my FTE Private Mail.

I have paid for a membership so I'm not subjected to the annoyance of the advertising bombardment here, so I'm a little miffed that the administrators have decided it's ok to send it via PMs now.

It's very annoying to get an e-mail notification from someone thinking they may want a drawing or help with something and run to the site only to find this.

Worst part of it is, I tried to put the offending senders on the "Ignore List," to prevent not having to deal with SPAM here, and it wasn't allowed.

Maybe a few comments from other folks might help get this stopped, or at least allow us to select not to recieve it.

Thoughts?

I have some tools that will help you with the SPAM.

I believe that you have Windows 7 which is a great operating system.

Click on Start then go to Control Panel and select programs and features. Right Click on Internet Options and select "create shortcut" which will put a Short Cut on your desktop.

Secondly, click on "all programs" and select Accessories then System Tools and Right Click on Disk Cleanup and create a short cut for this also.

Thirdly, go to FileHippo.com - Download Free Software and look in the cleaning tools section and download C Cleaner and when you download click save and then click browse folders and save it to your desktop as well. There are several boxes to check and all of them except the advanced section you can check unless you know specifically what you want to clean. A few of the advanced boxes will play havoc with your computer so be advised.

The reason to save to desktop is speed for one and every time that you log off run these tools; disk cleanup then on the general tab of internet options click on delete which will erase your browsing history. Also check the box "empty browser on exit" and then under the Content tab and click on Clear SSL; Secure Socket Layer, then run your C Cleaner which has 2 Tabs. One is Windows and then click on the Applications tab. In the window of C Cleaner there is a "analyze" tab which you click first then when it is finally loaded run the "Run Cleaner."

You have to make it a habit hence being on your desktop makes it that much quicker.

Of great importance is to run these tools after you check your bank account online, or any sensitive information that you do not want to "leak" and undoubtedly is an invitation for "hackers and crackers".

Finally, if you want the best Freeware Security then the Free Version of AVG cannot be beaten. I have an account with Dell and most all of the Technicians use it. Others will tell you different but trust me on this; when Techs spend all day helping customers and inform you that they use AVG at home then it must be good. The AVG is also under security on "file hippo.com". I use McAfee only because it was very cheap and created by Intel Corporation. Also with C Cleaner on the left side click on tools and select "drive wiper". Click only on "free space" and then select from the drop down menu how many times you want to wipe the drive and check Local C which is your Hard Drive. DO NOT CHECK WIPE LOCAL C!

I realize that either you already know all of this or it is a lot to remember so perhaps you may want to save this communique.

Take care and Godspeed!

Boonslick

ibuzzard 01-20-2014 05:51 PM

Oh, HE11 no!

52 Merc 01-20-2014 05:52 PM

Really??? Really??? Did you not see how old this is, and all the crap that went along with this??? Say it isn't so....:-hair:-hair:-hair:-hair:-X15:-X15:-X15

bigwin56f100 01-20-2014 05:59 PM

It wasn't ME this time!

tjc transport 01-20-2014 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by bigwin56f100 (Post 13976558)
It wasn't ME this time!

you sure??
}>