Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Washington Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum188/)
-   -   Everybody managing okay with the rain and floods? (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1019105-everybody-managing-okay-with-the-rain-and-floods.html)

NorthwestX360 12-12-2010 10:00 PM

Everybody managing okay with the rain and floods?

Just wondering if you all are okay. I work for the BNSF Railway. We've had some slides cover some tracks, but nothing really disastrous as far as I know. I'm off work this weekend. It's a nice weekend to stay at home indoors!
Andy

caseys 12-12-2010 10:53 PM

I was off this weekend too Andy... sounds like be both got lucky. Other than that, all is well... and the gutters are finally cleaned out too.

Behemoth 12-13-2010 04:42 PM

I drove from Spokane over the pass this weekend to Tumwater on Friday night, then down to Hillsboro, OR to look at a truck, and then back on I-84 across and back up to Spokane again on Saturday.

The trip over wasn't too bad except in the pass...the road surface was good, but you can't see the lanes at night so I almost got pushed into the center divider by a trucker....that pulled the 'ol pucker string. Once I made it over then I-5 was a huge pain in the butt being bumper to bumper from Tacoma to Olympia.

The trip back was soggy...to say the least. It was raining pretty good down to Hillsboro, but it wasn't terrible. The trip over I-84, however, sucked monkey muffins. There was standing water everywhere, and I did more than my share of hydroplaning. Got washed out by a couple truckers too when passing them, and everything would disappear from view. I'm used to that, though...just pick your line, hold it, and when you get washed out, punch it until you're through...only takes a couple seconds, but it's still enough to make you tense up.

Got back into Washington, and just south of Kennewick it started snowing heavy, and the freeway iced up. Not a big deal, but everybody turned retarded and started doing 20mph....I couldn't figure out why everybody was going that slow until I pulled into the passing lane and sailed past them until I got to a truck that was pulling one of those manufactured homes, and was taking up most of the freeway. Seems everybody else was too afraid to pass him. I had good traction, so I just scooted on past, and bumped back up to 55 or so, and by the time I got into Pasco, it was just rain again. The rest of the trip was cake, but being on edge for over 10 hours behind the wheel will take it right out of you. I crashed as soon as I got home. Was a bummer that I made the trip and didn't have anything to show for it....except maybe another few gray hairs.

im2tall33 12-13-2010 06:48 PM

sounds like a fun trip lol..

its been all fine and dnady over here.. i just wish it would quite raining and give us some more snow!

caseys 12-13-2010 08:34 PM

...any trip, good or bad... is a fun trip!

Samsonitesamsonite 12-14-2010 08:37 AM

As of yesterday we had 93 road closures in Whatcom county!

caseys 12-14-2010 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by Samsonitesamsonite (Post 9683785)
As of yesterday we had 93 road closures in Whatcom county!

...and this is why we have 4-wheel drive.

Samsonitesamsonite 12-15-2010 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by caseys (Post 9686711)
...and this is why we have 4-wheel drive.

Yes, but unfortunatley my work rig is a 2 wheel drive chebby 1500 with a v6...... No fording water crossing for me!

karatedavid 01-17-2011 02:46 AM

Still watching the Green River. Hopefully the backyard won't become a pond again...