Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Escape & Escape Hybrid (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum36/)
-   -   2010 Escape, Scratches on windows ? (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1018019-2010-escape-scratches-on-windows.html)

2010escape 12-09-2010 09:09 AM

2010 Escape, Scratches on windows ?

Hi All, This my first post,
Has anyone else noticed scratches on the windows of their newer Escapes ? We hardly open the windows on our 2010 Escape, but have noticed scaratches on both front windows. I would guess they are caused by something in the outside weatherstrip.
I haven't been back to the dealer on this problem yet. I would think that this should be covered under warranty ? Other than that, We like everything about this Escape.
Thanks Ed

wptski 12-09-2010 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by 2010escape (Post 9662608)
Hi All, This my first post,
Has anyone else noticed scratches on the windows of their newer Escapes ? We hardly open the windows on our 2010 Escape, but have noticed scaratches on both front windows. I would guess they are caused by something in the outside weatherstrip.
I haven't been back to the dealer on this problem yet. I would think that this should be covered under warranty ? Other than that, We like everything about this Escape.
Thanks Ed

A number of owners have had the weather strips replaced because of this on '09s. There is a TSB on the problem.

2010escape 12-13-2010 07:00 PM

Thanks for the reply and that TSB. Would anyone happen to know the number of it ??
I did a search and did find that this is happening to quite a few owners.

Thanks Ed

wptski 12-13-2010 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by 2010escape (Post 9681685)
Thanks for the reply and that TSB. Would anyone happen to know the number of it ??
I did a search and did find that this is happening to quite a few owners.

Thanks Ed

TSB 09-20-15

2010escape 12-14-2010 08:33 AM

Thanks Bill for the TSB #
Ed

Maggie Smith 06-20-2014 11:45 AM

2010 Escape with driver window scratching

My 2010 Escape has had an issue with the driver side window scratching when it is opened and closed since I drove it off the lot. I complained for the last four years about it and the service department said there is nothing they can do it has maybe some sand or a rock in it. I see many of the same model Escapes with the same issue. I am now past regular Ford warranty and being told I may now have to pay to fix the issue.
Any advise or help would be welcomed.

FordService 06-20-2014 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by Maggie Smith (Post 14445361)
My 2010 Escape has had an issue with the driver side window scratching when it is opened and closed since I drove it off the lot. I complained for the last four years about it and the service department said there is nothing they can do it has maybe some sand or a rock in it. I see many of the same model Escapes with the same issue. I am now past regular Ford warranty and being told I may now have to pay to fix the issue.
Any advise or help would be welcomed.

Welcome to the forum, Maggie Smith. How many miles are on your Escape? When was the last time your dealership checked this out? I'll see what I can do to help.

Crystal