Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum41/)
-   -   Congats Lance Hogan (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1015982-congats-lance-hogan.html)

Showpanther 12-02-2010 06:28 PM

Congats Lance Hogan

I may be the last to know but I just seen in Classic Truck mag that Lance won a Finist Five award at the Kansas Goodguys show. Great looking truck.:-X22

Lakotas53 12-02-2010 06:45 PM

Congrats Lance! I had the pleasure of meeting him in Pigeon Forge this past May. Nicest guy you'll ever meet.

Lance Hogan 12-03-2010 09:47 AM

Thanks guys!! My father and I took our trucks to the Kansas City Goodguys show Labor Day weekend (Dad was selected as a Goodguys Truck of the Year Finalist). When we arrived, we parked in the grass and left to get our free mug. When we we returned to our trucks, I noticed a business card laying on my seat. On the card was written, "Give Me A Call - Wes". I gave Wes a call and he stated that he worked for Classic Trucks magazine and he wanted to shoot pictures of my truck. I was in shock!!

On Friday at 5pm, Wes shot my truck in the pit area of Kansas Speedway. The shoot took about 1 hour to complete. I can't wait to see it in the magazine.

Lance

52 5 star 12-03-2010 09:57 AM

Congrats nice going

Showpanther 12-03-2010 12:24 PM

I got a chance to meet Lance and his Dad a few years ago in Knoxville. ( Before they got famous ). You won't meet a nicer family. Can't wait to see the feature in the mag.
Congrats again.

Truxx1956 12-03-2010 12:37 PM

Congrats Lance!! And like all the others have said, I too have met and hung out with Lance and his wonderful family. They are truly what makes the hoby what it is. You will not meet a nicer group of folks. They are just fine people. I am very privalaged to know them. :-X22 I'd even share a donut with them :-D

tacson 12-03-2010 12:56 PM

Congrats Lance

BBKtech2 12-03-2010 01:41 PM

There is a company in Florida called "In The News" They make awesome wall plaques with your feature affixed to it. They did them for us for years, when we had our trucks featured. We used to get an extra one and them give it to our customers. Our trucks were usually shot by the magazines just before we delivered them to the customer.

Lance Hogan 12-03-2010 02:38 PM

FTE Guys,<O:p</O:p
<O:p</O:p

Thanks for all the congratulations! My family has experienced an amazing year with our trucks. Much of our success must be directly contributed to the FTE guys for all your encouragement and advice during the build process of each truck. There was many a time my father and I would attend the F100 Supernationals or GSM F100 Run for inspiration and more importantly, motivation to keep on working. These projects can be very daunting. My father’s truck took a little over 8 ½ year to build. Many laborious and frustrated hours went into that truck. We had help from friends, neighbors, master fabricators and professionals within this hobby to complete the truck (and there are things we are still working on). He was lucky enough to be selected as the F100 Supernationals “Truck of the Year”. We also attempted for the Goodguys Truck of the Year and were lucky enough to be selected as a finalist (that’s a win for a non-roadster shop vehicle). During the months of February, March, and April, we competed for the International Show Car Association (ISCA) Truck of the Year. Over Thanksgiving, we took the truck to Houston, Texas for the Finals. We finished runner up to last year’s champion.
http://www.customclassictrucks.com/featuredvehicles/1010cct_1955_ford_f100/index.html

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/864448-how-did-you-get-into-old-ford-trucks-5.html
I have own my truck since January 1999 and finally finished it up for the 2009 GSM F100 (without a hood). Unlike my father’s truck, I built mine to drive. My wife, like many others wives of FTE’ers, was gracious enough to allow me to take our families resources and build my truck. Many of the ideas incorporated into my truck came from others on the FTE. Kim, Andie, and I have had a blast with it over the past year and a half and we have been lucky enough to be selected for a few awards along the way (I am not into the awards thing!) and be in a few magazines. <O:p</O:p

Both, my father’s truck and mine will be featured in the February 2011 Street Trucks edition. Within the story, it is my hope that you will see the relationship my father and I have developed by working on these ole fords! Monday nights were our nights! The experiences building our trucks, attending the shows, driving around Kansas Speedway with the pipes growling, or cruising to Gatlinburg are priceless and will always be cherished.<O:p</O:p

Most of all, I have been able to meet and get to know the best(!!!) people along the way. The FTE guys are the best and it is for this reason, why I love the GSM F100 Run. They are always willing to lend a helping hand, share a hotel room at 3 a.m. or share a donut. For these reasons, I am proud to say I am an FTE’er!
Lance <O:p</O:p

carnut122 12-03-2010 08:42 PM

Let me add my congratulations! I saw your truck in a single picture in Classic Trucks(that's more than mine will probably ever get). So, with a photo shoot involved, am I to understand that you'll soon be getting a full spread? I sure hope so.

55 f350 12-04-2010 02:20 AM

this is your 15 minutes of fame my good sir !!!!!!!! enjoy !!!!!!!! and congrats !!!!!!!!!!!:)

rzns60 12-04-2010 02:32 AM

Congrats Lance. I loved the article on your truck. Very nicely done.

9teen56f100 12-04-2010 11:20 AM

Lance,
Congratulations on the feature shoot. You are right in that the best part about this hobby is the folks you meet and the friendships you get to make. Like you have said we too like the GSM f-100 run for that reason. Hope this finds you, Kim and Andie all well. See you in June.

Brian & Sharon...

Julies Cool F1 12-04-2010 11:45 AM

Wow, that's great! Congratulations.

Lance Hogan 12-04-2010 04:07 PM

Yes, there will be a full photo shoot; however, I don't know when it will be appearing. If Wes, Classic Trucks photographer, lets me know, I will be sure to pass on the information.

In February 2011, Street Trucks is doing a 8 page spread on my father's and my trucks. Travis emailed me last week to confirm it will be in February's edition.

Thanks for all the congratulations.

Lance