Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   2007 - 2014 Expedition & Navigator (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum174/)
-   -   2010 expedition brand new need help please (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1004856-2010-expedition-brand-new-need-help-please.html)

backdr10 10-27-2010 10:10 AM

2010 expedition brand new need help please

I did post on here previously about tire problems with brand new 2010 expedition. I need some advice. New truck with 800 miles on it with 20 inch pirelli str tires. Went to Tirapelli ford in shorewood , Il due to a shake in the sterring wheel at highway speeds. They rebalanced , road forced , rotated , switched rim/ tire placement and then told that I had a bad tire =flat spot due to the selling dealer, Bill Kay in Midlothain, Il not moving the truck enough -which they deny. After Tirapelli's 4 hour visit the shake in the sterring wheel was gone because they put the bad front tire in the back of the truck, but now I had a bouncing sensation in the front at 40-45mph which is making me crazy. I made another appointment to go back to Tirapelli. I took time off of work and the morning of the appointment Tirapelli called and said that they refuse to service my truck again because they are not paying for any tires. Ford customer service was called and told me " they would try to help but that is the way it was purchased just like if it had a bad battery" I could have literally had a heart attack on the phone. I went back to Bill Kay which is an hour from my home and they replaced the bad back tire. I left the dealer and went right back because the bounce was still there in the front at 40mph and I was told they feel nothing. Symptoms are always worse when the truck sits and is cold, but still there when warm. A week later I went back, after speaking to the owner and the service manager, They decided to look at the fronts instead of acting like I was making up stories-sure enough the front drivers side was out of balance 2 weeks after being road forced at Tirapelli Ford and they said that this was causing the bounce. I drove home and no bounce at 40-45mph, but now at 70-75 the steering wheel is shaking again. Service manager said it is balanced and there is nothing they could do. This is the third expedition I have owned. The first was replaced as a lemon. I am completely disgusted. Can someone give any advice on what they think the problem could be.I currently have 1200 miles on this 53,000 dollar vehicle. I am an idiot for thinking Ford quality or customer service has improved. This has got to be a joke. I think the tires need to replaced. Thank you for your help:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

texasredneck18 10-27-2010 10:12 AM

you are not an idoit dont call your selr that we all have problems sometimes amn i right

mtondreo 10-27-2010 08:09 PM

Not saying those is the problem, but on my f150 that was a holdover I ended up having a bad rim. This was after about 4 months going back and forth. You can try moving the fronts to the back and see if that gets rid of some of the shake. Mine was also brand new and it was very irritating and the dealership actually changed service managers a few times during the process (absolute pain) but it got resolved eventually. I have not been back to that dealership again. Good luck, Mike.

CarbonClear 10-28-2010 09:18 AM

Sorry to hear about your problem. But I would do the following. First document everything you are doing. I personally feel the dealership is jerking your chain. Call the dealership and request an appointment with the general manager. Explain your problem and tell them you want it resolved. If they still refuse you may need to contact a lawyer or may want to try to contact your local television station. There has been an increase in the news about shady business practices at local business's. The last thing your dealer will want is to make prime time television about bad customer service. We had this happen in my area on a large dealer with great results. Hope it works.

berry1234 10-28-2010 11:01 AM

Lemon law it. Take it back 3 times-the number in CA. Then file the paperwork. Also right a certified letter to ford-get the service address in your manual. Tell the the problem and the dealer hasn't helped, etc. Once Ford gets the lemon paper work, it wakes them up sometime. NO NEW CAR SHOULD VIBRATE.