Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1980 - 1986 Bullnose F100, F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum37/)
-   -   What have you done to your truck today? (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1004055-what-have-you-done-to-your-truck-today.html)

Gary Lewis 05-25-2011 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by Dorsai (Post 10385003)
It is indeed; the truck was my grandfather's, and spent its first thirty years near you, in Owasso OK.

Actually, nearer me in Skiatook. He's all the way across T-town in Sapulpa.

So, are you still in the area?

nolan62 05-25-2011 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by Galendor (Post 10381906)
Wow, she looks sharp Nolan62! You don't see very many (ummm, maybe none) that look that good. What size tires are those?

255/70/15 It's a nice common size that won't cost me a lot when I replace them.

billt28 05-25-2011 06:30 PM

Nice truck Nolan. Thank you for posting it. Wanna sell it? :-X04

Dorsai 05-25-2011 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by Gary Lewis (Post 10385900)
Actually, nearer me in Skiatook. He's all the way across T-town in Sapulpa.

So, are you still in the area?

Nope...I'm in the Atlanta suburbs. My grandfather (who bought the truck new) passed away in 2000, and my grandmother kept the truck for sentimental reasons. But she never drove it, and even though it was kept (mostly) under cover it started decaying like any undriven vehicle will do. So last year she gave it to my brother, with the understanding that he would fix it up and keep it in good order. Well...he kind of lost interest in the project and offered the truck to me.

The funny thing was, he'd already promised our grandmother that he'd take care of the truck. So he was still obligated to fix it up (to minimal roadworthy status, anyway), and I paid him for the parts he put into it and the cost of getting it back from Oklahoma. Now that he's gone and done the work, he'd like the truck back...not gonna happen.

Dorsai 05-25-2011 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by Rogue_Wulff (Post 10385378)
That's cool. My truck spent it's first 17 years near Catoosa.
I scraped off my old Ok inspection sticker back 03 or 04, whenever it was that Gov Brad Henry made the statement "With this signature, all Oklahoman's can now scrape off their inspection stickers". So I did.
I thought that was not only an Oklahoma sticker, but a Tulsa county one. Tulsa county and nearby area used a blue one for 79 & newer, and the rest of the state got green, along with pre 79 in the Tulsa area. Blue was for Emmissions check.

I'm going to scrape the sticker off when I get motivated to do interior work...the whole interior needs a good scraping and scrubbing.

Any idea how that pin is supposed to hold in place? It looks like it just fell out the bottom, I was lucky to find it in the floorboards a little while ago.

nolan62 05-25-2011 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by billt28 (Post 10386077)
Nice truck Nolan. Thank you for posting it. Wanna sell it? :-X04

Thanks, I work hard on it for the last year.

I had 3 offers to buy it "before" it was painted! Just getting behind the wheel and cranking it up gives me a smile. I so enjoy my 70mile daily commute.

billt28 05-25-2011 09:14 PM

I'm getting ready to paint mine. Had a guy the other day offer me 3K for it as is. This weekend, I'm hoping to get the bucket seats in.

Rogue_Wulff 05-25-2011 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by Dorsai (Post 10386437)
I'm going to scrape the sticker off when I get motivated to do interior work...the whole interior needs a good scraping and scrubbing.

Any idea how that pin is supposed to hold in place? It looks like it just fell out the bottom, I was lucky to find it in the floorboards a little while ago.

Mine has a "roll pin", and it has never stayed put. About every 10th time I shift to/from park, I have to grab something and hammer it back up from underneath. It almost always works it's way down, seldom ever tries going up.

RAY1986F150 05-25-2011 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by Rogue_Wulff (Post 10385378)
That's cool. My truck spent it's first 17 years near Catoosa.
I scraped off my old Ok inspection sticker back 03 or 04, whenever it was that Gov Brad Henry made the statement "With this signature, all Oklahoman's can now scrape off their inspection stickers". So I did.
I thought that was not only an Oklahoma sticker, but a Tulsa county one. Tulsa county and nearby area used a blue one for 79 & newer, and the rest of the state got green, along with pre 79 in the Tulsa area. Blue was for Emmissions check.

Hahaha. I live a mile north of Owasso and work in Catoosa! Small world eh?

:-jammin

Dorsai 05-25-2011 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by RAY1986F150 (Post 10386824)

No kidding. When I was a kid, my grandfather would load my brother and me up into the truck and we'd drive up to Collinsville for donuts and haircuts. Good times.

Rogue_Wulff 05-25-2011 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by RAY1986F150 (Post 10386824)

It can be, or so it would seem.....:-X06

Gary Lewis 05-25-2011 10:20 PM

Ray1986F150 - You'll have to join us in our next Tulsa-area meet. Dunno when, but probably this fall. There are several of us in this forum as well as a couple of others in another forum.

As for my truck, I removed the trailer hitch (a massive home-made one) and rear bumper from the '82 parts truck to get it short enough to fit in the shop w/the other stuff. My 92 year old father "supervised". I kept pointing out the parts that'll go on his '81 that he's really fond of, but with his dementia it only registers for a few minutes.

Also, I am in the process of pulling the C6 so I can get the true dual exhaust out to put on the '82 Explorer. However, one leg goes thru the opening of the transmission mount and the other goes above the mount so it is a challenge.

Back to Dad: Those of you who have your father still with you as well as in his right mind should take advantage of that now. And, if he likes your truck or you/his then all the better.

Rogue_Wulff 05-25-2011 10:36 PM

Gary, I'm hoping to have dad's 74 F100 back into driving condition by fall, so I can use it to attend a get together.... Hopefully, the price of fuel will keep going back down. 390's are not exactly thrifty. Particularly when warmed up a "tad"......

RAY1986F150 05-25-2011 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by Gary Lewis (Post 10387003)
Ray1986F150 - You'll have to join us in our next Tulsa-area meet. Dunno when, but probably this fall. There are several of us in this forum as well as a couple of others in another forum.

As for my truck, I removed the trailer hitch (a massive home-made one) and rear bumper from the '82 parts truck to get it short enough to fit in the shop w/the other stuff. My 92 year old father "supervised". I kept pointing out the parts that'll go on his '81 that he's really fond of, but with his dementia it only registers for a few minutes.

Also, I am in the process of pulling the C6 so I can get the true dual exhaust out to put on the '82 Explorer. However, one leg goes thru the opening of the transmission mount and the other goes above the mount so it is a challenge.

Back to Dad: Those of you who have your father still with you as well as in his right mind should take advantage of that now. And, if he likes your truck or you/his then all the better.

Just keep in touch with me and I will for sure meet up with you guys.

jimf1504x4 05-25-2011 11:58 PM

hi every one im kinda new to this site today i finished up my dizzy swap on my
85 f150 4x4 with a 300 was going to go with ds2 but couldnt find a good harrenest so i just put points in it