Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Arkansas Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum175/)
-   -   Sat Sept 25th, 2010 FTE - Fall GTG (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/969852-sat-sept-25th-2010-fte-fall-gtg.html)

zhilton 06-29-2010 09:06 AM

Sat Sept 25th, 2010 FTE - Fall GTG

Just out of curisousity....is it too early to be thinking about the Fall GTG? I'll be the first to admit it's never to early to be thinking about Fall....Football, cooler weather, football, Champtionship race in certain racing series, football. Oh, and did I mention football is in full swing that time of year?:-X21

mechmagcn 06-29-2010 09:33 AM

Not much of a sports fan here, but I'm game for a GTG. Hope it's a lot cooler than the last one though :rolleyes:

Old_Crow 06-29-2010 06:50 PM

Hey, here's a thought. My wife works in the gift store at Blanchard Springs Caverns. If we get enough people together(I think it's 10 or more)we can get a group discount on the cave tours. There's a picnic and swimming area and camp sites too.
If anyone else is into geocaching there's bunch of them in the area, and it's fairly close to Mountain View, where the picking and grinning go on in the courthouse square at night. For the non-campers there's plenty of rooms in town.
Sort of a full service weekend kind of thing. Maybe one last get away before school starts.

Will P 06-29-2010 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by Old_Crow (Post 9056372)
Hey, here's a thought. My wife works in the gift store at Blanchard Springs Caverns. If we get enough people together(I think it's 10 or more)we can get a group discount on the cave tours. There's a picnic and swimming area and camp sites too.
If anyone else is into geocaching there's bunch of them in the area, and it's fairly close to Mountain View, where the picking and grinning go on in the courthouse square at night. For the non-campers there's plenty of rooms in town.
Sort of a full service weekend kind of thing. Maybe one last get away before school starts.

Man that sounds great! My family loves going the the cavern. We like geocaching too! I'm game for it! Hopefully I'll have the '70 up and running by then too!

tojoski 06-29-2010 11:08 PM

Thanks for starting this thread Zack,

Its never too early to start talking about the next GTG, sorry I just haven't had time to start this thread..

Someone had mentioned having another meet at the Buffalo river, like we had a few years ago.. heck one of our Sept. meets was in my back yard..

Blanchard Springs is a nice idea too.

Last year on 9/25 it made it to a whopping 81 Degrees... I think I could handle camping in that..

Old_Crow 06-30-2010 05:14 AM

Heck, I might even have the Scotty ready to travel, even if it is only 20 miles. I'll have to check and see if travel trailers are allowed in Blanchard. If not, I have a friend that has a campground in Sylamore. Come to think of it, this might be better, he's got room for rv's, tents and also some cabins. It's less than 10 miles from the cave. Home

bill henry 06-30-2010 05:29 AM

Good morning all. the springs sounds like a good place to me.

zhilton 07-03-2010 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by tojoski (Post 9057327)
Thanks for starting this thread Zack,

Its never too early to start talking about the next GTG, sorry I just haven't had time to start this thread..

Someone had mentioned having another meet at the Buffalo river, like we had a few years ago.. heck one of our Sept. meets was in my back yard..

Blanchard Springs is a nice idea too.

Last year on 9/25 it made it to a whopping 81 Degrees... I think I could handle camping in that..

I didn't want to step on someone's toes. I'm trying to think when was the last time I was at Blanchard Springs....got to be close to 20 years...but I don't remember. Are we still shooting for the 25th? So far I'm game for Blanchard Springs...I know my kids would enjoy them selves...and it's not like we'd have to worry about the weather once we went inside.;)

With starting another new job (:-X20) I have no clue where or what I'm going to be doing that far out....but it sounds like Blanchard Springs could be fun. Though at 200 +/- miles away from the house..it would be a camping trip for us. Meeting in my back yard would be a bad idea...not enough room and I've got two dogs (one is a Lab) that "use" the backyard.:-X13

Old_Crow 07-04-2010 07:19 AM

Zack, if everyone likes Blanchard Springs, I'll talk to my friend who owns a campground about 7 miles from the park and see if we can get some sites. I've been thinking of dragging my little travel trailer down there for the weekend as a shakedown cruise for the truck. Heck, he's even got a nice pavilion he might let us have for the weekend so there's plenty of shade.

jimkidd 07-05-2010 08:15 PM

It's been a while since i was at Blanchard Springs.

tojoski 07-08-2010 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by Old_Crow (Post 9071543)
Zack, if everyone likes Blanchard Springs, I'll talk to my friend who owns a campground about 7 miles from the park and see if we can get some sites. I've been thinking of dragging my little travel trailer down there for the weekend as a shakedown cruise for the truck. Heck, he's even got a nice pavilion he might let us have for the weekend so there's plenty of shade.

Is this a state park? any pictures online anywhere?

Old_Crow 07-09-2010 04:45 AM

Most of the sites I found on the 'net concentrate on pics of the cave itself. This one has the most pics of the land outside.
Blanchard Springs Caverns - Arkansas - Every Miles A Memory
Come to think of it, there's a pavilion at the park itself. I'll check into that and see if it's available.

tojoski 07-09-2010 06:57 AM

I've been to Blanchard a few times, I was just curious about the campground that your friend owns...

Old_Crow 07-09-2010 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by tojoski (Post 9089127)
I've been to Blanchard a few times, I was just curious about the campground that your friend owns...

http://sylamorecreek.com/ A better choice for RV camping for sure. Plenty of room for tents also.

We'd have to have at least 15 people to get a discount on the cave tours. Otherwise it's $10 a head for adults and kids 6-15 are $5.

tojoski 07-31-2010 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by Old_Crow (Post 9088963)
Come to think of it, there's a pavilion at the park itself. I'll check into that and see if it's available.

This place looks really nice.. any word on the pavilion?

Heck even if we don't make it to the caves, this place looks good.. and a swimming area to boot..

Old_Crow 08-01-2010 03:57 AM

Hmm, I think I might go see him today. Need to get out on the bikes for a ride.
A couple of weeks ago when we stopped by he was already gone for the day. Since it's after Labor Day and school will be in session, I don't think there'll be a problem.

Old_Crow 08-03-2010 12:12 PM

Ok, the pavilion was not available for the day. I did however reserve a couple of sites on the lower level next to the creek. Sites 25 and 30 on the camp map. One for my triailer and a tent site that I figured we could use to gather in.

Camp Map

This is a nice shady area, and I figured we could set up tables or something.
If you're going to camp, he's got a 2 day min on the weekend, so you'll have to come up Friday I guess, you can talk that out with him. Contact info is on the web site.
Home

Day use is like $2 per car(truck :-)).

Guess the pavilion's been booked for a big group for a while...Oh well. Let me know if you want to do something different and I can cancel with no penilty in the next week or so.

tojoski 08-27-2010 09:51 PM

Well, this thread has been idle for a while, and got just under a month until the GTG.

What do you guys say we make it official?

Saturday, Sept 25th at Sylamore Creek Camp (Site#30), Mountain View, Arkansas

I'm thinking we meet at about noon or so, and if anyone want to take the tour at Blanchard Springs we could do that about around 2 or 3 that afternoon..

I might have waited too long but I'm going to try to reserve a site.

Old_Crow 08-28-2010 04:29 AM

Guess I'd better get the floor put in the trailer. I'm taking old, worn indoor/outdoor carpet out and installing wood laminate. Hope it comes out better than most of my woodworking projects.

jimkidd 08-28-2010 05:11 PM

w00t! w00t!

Old_Crow 08-28-2010 05:42 PM

If trying to reserve a spot, it might help to mention my name("Wally", not "Old", Crow) or even FTE as I mentioned the group to him.
Or maybe not. One of my older sons used to be married to his daughter, but since they split up I've not seen much of Guy.

mechmagcn 08-28-2010 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by Old_Crow (Post 9268642)
Or maybe not. One of my older sons used to be married to his daughter, but since they split up I've not seen much of Guy.

Uh..... hope we don't get turned away with a shotgun :-X01:-X01:-X01:-X14:-X14:-X14:-X14:-X14:-X14 Inlaws, exlaws and outlaws is why I don't goto family reunions :-X02 :o

Old_Crow 08-28-2010 08:52 PM

Nah, actually he called the other day and said we should get together for a ride. Something about a giant statue of a Crow somewhere and he wants to take our picture with it. :-X21
I could use a new profile pic on Facebook anyway.

zhilton 08-28-2010 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by Old_Crow (Post 9268642)
One of my older sons used to be married to his daughter, but since they split up I've not seen much of Guy.

Oh great, this GTG just got shot down before we even really got it fired up.:-kneeslap

Originally Posted by mechmagcn (Post 9268824)
Uh..... hope we don't get turned away with a shotgun :-X01:-X01:-X01:-X14:-X14:-X14 Inlaws, exlaws and outlaws is why I don't goto family reunions :-X02 :o

Yeah Jeff, I think your right...there's a good chance a Winchester will be there to meet us. But since we're in Arkansas they can all still call each other brother, sister or cousin....depending from which side of the tree they're on.:-X21

mudder460 08-28-2010 09:41 PM

Well count me out, just found out i will be working weekends in Sept. I was hoping to make it too, I was even going to rent a pop up from the base!

zhilton 08-29-2010 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by mudder460 (Post 9269435)
Well count me out, just found out i will be working weekends in Sept. I was hoping to make it too, I was even going to rent a pop up from the base!

I know the feeling...just got my schedule for the month and I'm supposed to be working that Saturday. But like everything else railroading...things are subject to changes; for a list of such items, please contact my attorney Susan Moore with Dewy, Cheatum & Howe.:-X21

tojoski 09-05-2010 10:47 PM

- Sat Sept 25th, 2010 FTE - Fall GTG -

Time: 12:00 PM -

Directions: Click Here for a Google Maps Link

Camp Map: Click Here for Full Size Image
https://www.ford-trucks.com/user_gal...id=234667&.jpg

On the Menu: To be Determined

All Arkansas Chapter members and family, and friends that are interested in Ford Trucks are invited and welcomed to attend.

We have a family-friendly atmosphere at our GTG's, so as usual please no beer / adult beverages, etc.

Bring a couple of bucks per vehicle for the park's day use fee.

As far as lunch goes, anybody got any suggestions?

Lets get a headcount of those planning to attend:

(just copy + paste into your reply)

1.) tojoski - 2 adults, 2 children
2.)
3.)
4.)
5.)
6.)
7.)

EODguyJake 09-06-2010 06:55 AM

2.) EODguyJake - 1 adult (as long as I'm not on call)
3.)
4.)
5.)
6.)
7.)

mechmagcn 09-06-2010 08:07 AM

3.) mechmagcn- 1 Adult
4.)
5.)
6.)
7.)

Hey folks, I'm getting pretty good with a brisket on the smoker, how about I bring one. We can either make plate lunches or sandwiches.<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

axmrdr 09-06-2010 09:32 AM

Hey all,
I was hoping to make this meet to finally put some faces to names but I'm getting a tune-up at Baptist hospital on the 16th and not sure how much I'll be able to do for a while. Maybe next time.
Ax

zhilton 09-06-2010 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by mechmagcn (Post 9298282)
Hey folks, I'm getting pretty good with a brisket on the smoker, how about I bring one. We can either make plate lunches or sandwiches.<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Smoked brisket?????? I feel an aliment coming on that I'll have to mark off for.:-innocent

Old_Crow 09-06-2010 08:29 PM

I'll have the travel trailer and the '61 in space 25 right across the path. Probably just me unless my wife decides to show up after work.

3.) mechmagcn- 1 Adult
4.) ash_flat_diesel 2 adults, 2 kids
5.) cookie88- 2 adults, 2 kids
6.)1996pwrstrk- 4 adults , 3 kids
7.)Old_Crow-1 adult(possibly 2)

ash_flat_diesel 09-07-2010 12:47 PM

3.) mechmagcn- 1 Adult
5.)
6.)
7.)

Just reserved my spot, this park is really nice we have camped there before. right on the creek.

EODguyJake 09-07-2010 05:21 PM

How is fishing? What kind of fishing, and is there good access for a kayak?

ash_flat_diesel 09-07-2010 06:33 PM

Not much of a fisherman, but everytime I have been there, there has been people fishing in the creek, just up stream seems like a good spot. And you are just a hundred yards or so from the white river where there is great fishing. You can put in your kayak right at the campground & paddle to the river

cookie88 09-07-2010 09:30 PM

3.) mechmagcn- 1 Adult
6.)
7.)

Will P 09-07-2010 10:04 PM

It isn't looking good for me making this one.

tojoski 09-08-2010 01:41 AM

Originally Posted by mechmagcn (Post 9298282)
Hey folks, I'm getting pretty good with a brisket on the smoker, how about I bring one. We can either make plate lunches or sandwiches.

oooohh, now you're talkin.

Anybody specialize in potato salad, coleslaw, or baked beans?

I'll pick up whatever slack is left that doesn't get volunteered..

ash_flat_diesel 09-08-2010 06:54 AM

Originally Posted by tojoski (Post 9305142)
oooohh, now you're talkin.

Anybody specialize in potato salad, coleslaw, or baked beans?

I'll pick up whatever slack is left that doesn't get volunteered..

no but I can pick up whatever I need to

1996pwrstrk 09-08-2010 07:31 AM

3.) mechmagcn- 1 Adult
6.)1996pwrstrk- 4 adults , 3 kids