Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum170/)
-   -   the official OBS diesel off topic thread (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1157402-the-official-obs-diesel-off-topic-thread.html)

427 fordman 10-29-2012 07:31 PM

I shouldn't say this, but I'm still running my original gpr. I was always gonna order one of these here. Bill(Madvan) recommended this one over a stancor a few years ago, and I kept it marked.

Ford Diesel Glow Plug Relay 6 9 and 7 3 Powerstroke | eBay

oldbird1965 10-29-2012 08:23 PM

When I put my GP's in after the hydrolock ordeal and got it all together I said to myself, you didn't check the GP's. Oh well, I put them in all new last winter and two weeks ago when I left SD it was 14* out and two inches of snow on the ground. It fired right up!!

Getting any more snow up there Darin?

427 fordman 10-29-2012 08:30 PM

Little dusting saturday. It's all gone now. They are talking next week maybe some. I wonder if Bill is getting nailed by the storm today/tonight??

oldbird1965 10-29-2012 09:57 PM

i was wondering that too. Hey Bill, keep your head above water and the generator running!

ReBilld 10-29-2012 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by 427 fordman (Post 12427637)
Little dusting saturday. It's all gone now. They are talking next week maybe some. I wonder if Bill is getting nailed by the storm today/tonight??

Originally Posted by oldbird1965 (Post 12428025)
i was wondering that too. Hey Bill, keep your head above water and the generator running!

I'm here guys! And yes, we are getting hammered right now. My power is out and I'm on the generator. I'm glad I still have internet though! We've got about a foot of snow now and it's still coming down. They are talking feet! I didn't plug my truck up last night, and it was 30* this morning and she fired right up! I had it plugged up this evening, but when the power went out and I started up the generator, I unplugged it cause it was pulling the gen down a little. I'll go out about 3:00 am and plug it up. I guess I'll have to go after gas for the gen and kerosene for the heaters in the morning.

fordman67 10-29-2012 10:23 PM

glad youi are ok! If i can do anything u just holler.U come on this way if u need any good hospitality! I got my junk together a min ago.woo no fuel leaks!!!
For now anyway!

fordman67 10-29-2012 10:25 PM

Anybody else out that way? Hope no one gets on too bad.stinking snow...dang im jealous! We just dont get much here :-(

ReBilld 10-29-2012 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by fordman67 (Post 12428112)
glad youi are ok! If i can do anything u just holler.U come on this way if u need any good hospitality! I got my junk together a min ago.woo no fuel leaks!!!
For now anyway!

Originally Posted by fordman67 (Post 12428120)
Anybody else out that way? Hope no one gets on too bad.stinking snow...dang im jealous! We just dont get much here :-(

Thanks buddy! I'll probably just stick it out here LOL!! If you want some of this snow, come on out and take back all you can haul!.......and bring friends.......with big trucks! LOL!!
So the FPR worked for you then?

fordman67 10-29-2012 10:42 PM

Yes sir! THANKs so much! I had a reseal kit already to i tore it all down,cleaned,resealed.i also reshimmed the regulator just a bit.replaced the rubber hose to the return.i actually since i had not removed it last time had installed the wrong oring.the plastic carier for the screen was absolutely crushed from before i bought it. So either way,i fixed lots of problems and leak points.someday it will be 100%...next is rt rear window motor,real door lock solenoids,driver seat belt buckle and drivers seat foam(there is NONE)...etc...the next BIG list after that is now forming...
Im just glad that storm went north of you.Im not glad that others will be getting it.but we sure cant change it.

ReBilld 10-29-2012 10:48 PM

I'm glad it worked for bud! How did you shim it, with a BB or the screw or what?

fordman67 10-29-2012 11:01 PM

I used a thick headed brass nail for hanging pictures on the wall...ground off outside diameter so it fit in the valve and cut off 1/8" up shank.i was afraid if over pressuring it so i went conservative.it moved it maybe 2/16's higher.raised it 10lbs. To 60lbs at idle. Im just worried when i got down on it the pressure got down to prob 30lbs. Cant remember what it did before.I just wonder what is too low at full load...love my gauges.that fuel pressure gauge has saved my low fuel having butt more times than i should admit.hahacheap ins.

oldbird1965 10-29-2012 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by fordman67 (Post 12428177)
Yes the next BIG list after that is now forming....

I keep a list on my night stand of future mods I'm hoping to do. Who? me , addictive?, never!!

ReBilld 10-29-2012 11:21 PM

I've got a Glowshift 3 in 1 gauge with boost on the needle and egt and fuel psi are the two digitals. The fuel psi fluctuates from mid 30s to low 60s constantly, up and down, up and down. I don't know if this is common of the digital fuel psi gauge or not. It will hold more steady when it's under a load like pulling a hill or something. It seems to hold around mid 50s then.

ReBilld 10-29-2012 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by oldbird1965 (Post 12428254)
I keep a list on my night stand of future mods I'm hoping to do. Who? me , addictive?, never!!

Nooooo, not you! Not the Mod Master! LOL!!

oldbird1965 10-29-2012 11:29 PM

I hope you don't turn into the snow man master tonight. How are you going to get gas if the area is out of power?