Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum28/)
-   -   What have you done to your truck today? (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/730516-what-have-you-done-to-your-truck-today.html)

Spktyr 06-06-2012 07:58 AM

Yeah, that's kind of dumb.

A better method is to call the police and report an "erratic, possibly drunk" driver and describe his behavior. Because so many cities are pressed for cash and DUI is a big money fine, they'll have someone out there busting his butt in a hurry. The best part of all is forcing him to cool his heels by the side of the road for at least 15 minutes, thus rendering all his hurrying and wild maneuvering completely useless.

As for what I did to the truck today: installed the first of several fire extinguishers and replaced the rear speakers (old, old Clarions) with new Polk db570s.

big-ugly 06-06-2012 08:41 AM

I'll admit, I am extremely guilty of road-rage myself. I can't stand it when people cut in front of me, and then don't go the speed limit. Or when people ride my ass, and I'm going 5-10mph OVER the limit already... I will brake-check anything and everything that rides my butt. I pray someone rear-ends me and I get a new rear bumper.

oldmongo 06-06-2012 10:40 AM

Rager Pro !!!

After 47 yrs driving semi's and other big boy toys ... I must admit I WAS a Road Rage Pro.}>.. but I can say "nobody got rage they didn't really earn" . Now I just yell at my dash board and flip em off ..Oo.. then done !!!
As to what I did for my truck, I gathered the last few things for the e-fan install... wire loom and heat shrink for the wiring. Now that it is starting the HOT season, I added some new & improved lighting and wiring in the garage/shop area for early AM and late PM working... the garage @ 100*'s +, is no fun ... but still better than the 30's and down for me !!! Dave :-wink
And, yes I have done the call the Bears thing too, usually on real drunk drivers between Ca & Vegas, where I ran !!!

streetlude95 06-06-2012 07:29 PM

traded my mini dirtbikes for a new bed for my truck and put it on today. no pics though...

Plain Jane 06-06-2012 07:41 PM

well, think what you want, but there is nothing "dumb" or dangerous in showing some d-bag on his cell phone your rear bumper. I didn't drive carelessly or dangerously. I never had it over about 80 on a fast stretch of highway where 75-80 is fairly common. I have only called the police on another driver once, car was weaving and the scrapped the guard rail for about 50 feet then pulled over. I pulled over myself, called, then checked to see the condition of the driver. It was a really old lady. I felt kinda bad but she was obviously a hazard to herself and others. Cops were there in like 2 minutes, 2 MA state cruisers. one came up to me and asked for my license & registration. I guess you have to have all your paperwork in order if you are going to be a good Samaritan.

minnesotafisherman 06-06-2012 08:26 PM

GOT IT BACK FROM THE SHOP TODAY!!! Woo-hoo!

Has a new (used w/60,000 miles on it) engine in it now.

Piston rings were blown on the old 302. Has some new parts also, manifolds, MAP sensor, oil pan, rear main..

Midnite1987 06-06-2012 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by minnesotafisherman (Post 11923858)
GOT IT BACK FROM THE SHOP TODAY!!! Woo-hoo!

Has a new (used w/60,000 miles on it) engine in it now.

Piston rings were blown on the old 302. Has some new parts also, manifolds, MAP sensor, oil pan, rear main..

Did you upgrade to the 351 in the swap?

minnesotafisherman 06-06-2012 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by Midnite1987 (Post 11923988)
Did you upgrade to the 351 in the swap?

Nope! It's my daily driver and just had to get it back on the road.

Although I'm sure a 351 would be nice, the 302 has plenty of power for what I use my truck for.

mpc07005 06-08-2012 05:47 PM

Ordered my heads. Just stockers so I don't have to wait on a machine shop when I do my exhaust.

-Mike

pickup man1 06-08-2012 09:00 PM

Just bought a 95 f150 XLT 5.0 , 5spd. Shorty Its going to be a street/strip part time driver, so it doesnt have to have the creature comforts that my f250 does. Had to remove all of the aftermarket crap that I dont like. Bug shield, Grille covers, alum. bed rail caps, Rain deflectors, and hitch. Also removed rear bumper and front plate bracket , cat back, and spare tire hardware. Lowered rear 2 inches. Got rid of the 31 inch tires and put some 225's in front and some 275 nitto drag radials in rear. Removed factory hubcaps and fitted some american racing caps on front wheels only. This weekend Im lowering the front and aligning it. Installing twin cone filters , advancing timing , relocating battery to rear and changing the factory coolant bottle/washer bottle to small aftermarket unit. Also installing new air dam.

This month:
Front tank delete
2.5 inch exhaust with 2 chamber flows and dumps
A/C delete
P/S delete
Air pump delete
Air bag Delete
Electric water pump
Electric fan
Rear shackles

Yes its going to be light.

Posi unit and nitrous kit next month if everything goes well.

Evan_P 06-08-2012 11:17 PM

Got all my SIXLITRE tune up part in from Summit. Damn quick shipping. Ordered Wednesday night. Not sure when I'll get around to installing it. Already gapped the plugs to .055in.

https://www.supermotors.net/getfile/.../img_02481.jpg

minnesotafisherman 06-08-2012 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by pickup man1 (Post 11932201)
Front tank delete <----- Why?
A/C delete <----- Why?
P/S delete <----- Why?
Air bag Delete <----- Why?

Sounds like you're making progress. But why get ride of the above things? Just wondering.

Evan_P 06-08-2012 11:43 PM

I think hes stripping it to make it a street and drag truck.

minnesotafisherman 06-08-2012 11:57 PM

Oh I think I missed that lol. That would explain it.

oldmongo 06-08-2012 11:58 PM

Git-er-done !!!

Evan P. now you have a project for the weekend !!! I got everything done... except the wires, mine were changed about 18 mo. ago ... but I do like those wires you have. I was very impressed with the results of mine... I moved my timing to 14*, not 13.5* and remember the "spout" plug !!!
I'm pre-wiring my e-fan controls and mounting them on a 8X8X1/8" solid copper plate ahead of install time so I can just connect the wires and go. The toughest part of the install will be removing the old fan clutch and bolts !!! The hardest part of the tune up is removing the 4 screws around the coil !!! Good Luck ... Dave:-wink :-X22