Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum28/)
-   -   What have you done to your truck today? (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/730516-what-have-you-done-to-your-truck-today.html)

Encho 05-21-2012 08:50 PM

Once again, the steering shaft seal seems to be dying on me... I'm getting bored of this, I'll probably get a redhead soon.

Plain Jane 05-21-2012 10:51 PM

Encho, this may be a stupid question but have you tried the lucas oil power steering seal treatment fluid?

Plain Jane 05-22-2012 12:21 AM

Just ordered some infinity speakers to replace the old door speakers. I already replaced the head unit with a sweet JVC and the rear speakers with Boston acoustics. I'm hoping the heavier magnets and deeper cone structure of the infinity speakers will give me a bit more bass response. If not I will have to get a bazooka tube or something. Good news! all of the work tightening things in the pass door paid off. 99% of the noise from the door has been eliminated! I have new panel clips from bronco graveyard, once i install the speakers and the new panel clips, do some lubricating etc I should never have to worry about door noises again!

Encho 05-22-2012 12:23 AM

I don't have that stuff available around these parts (Location -->), but I might try something of the sort, thx for the suggestion.

Midnite1987 05-22-2012 12:26 AM

Originally Posted by Encho (Post 11861751)
I don't have that stuff available around these parts (Location -->), but I might try something of the sort, thx for the suggestion.

Most part stores will carry it. Even alot of truck stops would have it.

Plain Jane 05-22-2012 12:33 AM

I can imagine that you don't have the same stuff available down in Caracas. I was there once when I was a kid. Beautiful place.

Bob Gervais 05-22-2012 02:42 AM

Originally Posted by RIKIL (Post 11860863)
Yes, it is a beast. A neighbor of mine thought my truck was this mean chopper with short pipes just down the street just by hearing the noise. But the reason why I couldn't drive it far is because there is something wrong with the tranny. Right now it's in the shop being rebuilt (just the tranny :)) and I hope to have it by end of week.

Oh mind you, when the time is right...I don't intent to have those NEW tires last more than 10000 miles and there will be video goodness. Did you ever see the pic I posted of the motor? I posted it in a few forum posts a while back.

Too bad about the tranny, but better to find out now...

I haven't seen any motor pics aside from the one on the hoist getting ready to drop in the truck. I did search back a little, but everything seems to get buried on here so fast!

Hope things go well with the tranny rebuild, and looking forward to seeing some awesome video!:-jammin

SideWinder4.9l 05-22-2012 01:07 PM

Finshhed up troubleshooting the taillight issues...

Turned out to be a wire from the pigtail had slipped down....

Fixed that, and now have a spare switch....:-X22

terryknight 05-22-2012 01:36 PM

finished up my injector install. tomorrow my intercooler. next week i'll need a new transmission

LeoJr 05-22-2012 10:08 PM

Dropped my spare, lifted (with a floor jack) the new Class 5 receiver hitch into place and drilled the first set of holes (3 more sets to go) and tightened the one pair of bolts for tonight. Tomorrow I'll finish drilling the remaining 6 holes and, torque all of the bolts to spec and re-install the spare tire.

RIKIL 05-22-2012 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by Bob Gervais (Post 11861905)
Too bad about the tranny, but better to find out now...

I haven't seen any motor pics aside from the one on the hoist getting ready to drop in the truck. I did search back a little, but everything seems to get buried on here so fast!

Hope things go well with the tranny rebuild, and looking forward to seeing some awesome video!:-jammin

When all done will look like this - https://i.imgur.com/Li6uZ.jpg

Got word on the tranny. It's done. Hope to have in within a week.

RIKIL 05-22-2012 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by terryknight (Post 11863771)
finished up my injector install. tomorrow my intercooler. next week i'll need a new transmission

Intercooler... for a turbo?

Plain Jane 05-23-2012 12:04 AM

"Got word on the tranny. It's done. Hope to have in within a week. "
did you keep the factory torque converter or go performance?

terryknight 05-23-2012 05:56 AM

Originally Posted by RIKIL (Post 11866297)
Intercooler... for a turbo?

yep powerstroke turbo diesel. it's been getting some performance upgrades to the motor

RIKIL 05-23-2012 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by Plain Jane (Post 11866438)
"Got word on the tranny. It's done. Hope to have in within a week. "
did you keep the factory torque converter or go performance?

Sure did. I went with Dirty Dog Performance because I could call them and have a conversation with the EXACT person who would make the converter from scratch. Having these conversations and letting them know what my plans are for the truck always makes me feel better. The new converter is an 11", locker, with a 2600 stall.