Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum28/)
-   -   What have you done to your truck today? (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/730516-what-have-you-done-to-your-truck-today.html)

SideWinder4.9l 03-31-2012 04:07 PM

Did a half arsed, R-12 to R-134a conversion...

I now have COLD A/C....:-jammin

Just in time for summer, wooohoooo

terryknight 03-31-2012 04:58 PM

it was a saturday and people got some stuff done. I got my e fuel all done. just need to clean up the wiring and replace a quick connect fitting, noticed it was leaking i guess being 18 years old and having a fair amount of pressure will do that

materthegreater 03-31-2012 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by SideWinder4.9l (Post 11650228)
Did a half arsed, R-12 to R-134a conversion...

I now have COLD A/C....:-jammin

Just in time for summer, wooohoooo

Yer lucky you have A/C! :'(

If this global warming stuff keeps up I'll be moving north!

Jigger2020 03-31-2012 06:50 PM

Glen, last summer it was stinkin hot up here

Wes, congrats on the AC

minnesotafisherman 03-31-2012 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by materthegreater (Post 11650743)
Yer lucky you have A/C! :'(

If this global warming stuff keeps up I'll be moving north!

We just had the earliest ice-out in 12 years on our lakes here in Minnesota.

Above average temperatures, too.

Had a heat wave 70-80 degrees couple weeks ago.

Dropped a bit since but still above average, around 60 this upcoming week.

You're better off staying down there :-X04

big-ugly 03-31-2012 07:04 PM

Got to 90* here in Beatrice today, up 30* above average temps...

Plain Jane 03-31-2012 07:40 PM

Just installed this today.

JVC Mobile Entertainment \ KD-R730BT - KD-R730BT \ Introduction

I lucked out. I noyoced somewhere that Kenwood and JVCare the same company. Wouldn't ya know that the old connector from my 16 year old kenwood fit perfectly without having to do any wiring connections. It has a hard wired USB connection that comes out of the back and the lead was long enough that I could just run it right down the hump in the middle of the cab and plug in my 60GB I pod and leave it in the square next to the cup holder with no problem. I can control the ipod from the stereo. It has a full function remote so I can control the source, volume and track up to 50 feet away from the truck. Next: 1200W subwoofer! well that is, after I size and install the 300 ohm Mallory plug wires tomorrow. It is supposed to be cold and Raw in MA so I have booked some time in my buddie's heated barn for 10AM tomorrow, Cant wait!

dmanlyr 03-31-2012 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by big-ugly (Post 11650815)
Got to 90* here in Beatrice today, up 30* above average temps...

Well out here in the Pacific Northwest it is unseasonable cold, and lots of rain. Hec we even had some snow a week and a half ago!

I am ready for at least some warmer, and some dryer weather!

Of course the old "how do you tell when it is summer in Seattle?" comes to mind. The answer of course being "the rain is warmer"

David

Evan_P 03-31-2012 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by GIGGER (Post 11649035)
Evan, I wish Ford never put that color on a truck, no offense, G

It wouldn't be my first choice in color but we have had the truck for 15 years so its grown on me. I wouldn't trade it for anything.

Got the new rad arm bushings in today. What a PITA... Driverside took ~45 min, passenger side ~1hr45min... BUT I saved myself $400...

Old ones:
https://www.supermotors.net/getfile/...e/img_0119.jpg
Someone put the wrong size bushings in and decided to try and make them work by adding washers...

New vs. Old:
https://www.supermotors.net/getfile/...e/img_0116.jpg
Very worn out...

New ones installed:
https://www.supermotors.net/getfile/...e/img_0117.jpg
https://www.supermotors.net/getfile/...e/img_0118.jpg

Much better feel to them. Nice and firm. Plus three of the four bolts on the passenger side where completely loose and the whole bracket could be moved around with ease. Now there is no movement...

FourXFord2 03-31-2012 11:57 PM

Had some trouble getting home tonight, Bronco would'nt stay running, left me sitting at a stoplight in heavy traffic.:( After it set for awhile it fired right up and I made it to the gas station only needed to start it twice to get there. It just wouldn't idle around town at all tonight.
After I got it on the road it ran fine all the way home so I pulled into the garage and popped the hood and got to work. Pulled the codes, nothing serious going on there. Decided to pull the TFI module and swap it for a motorcraft one I had saved. Set the base timing @ 16*ATDC (It runs best there) It now idles fine and revs fine. Hoping it's fixed now for awhile.

SideWinder4.9l 04-01-2012 12:05 AM

Originally Posted by FourXFord2 (Post 11651823)
Had some trouble getting home tonight, Bronco would'nt stay running, left me sitting at a stoplight in heavy traffic.:( After it set for awhile it fired right up and I made it to the gas station only needed to start it twice to get there. It just wouldn't idle around town at all tonight.
After I got it on the road it ran fine all the way home so I pulled into the garage and popped the hood and got to work. Pulled the codes, nothing serious going on there. Decided to pull the TFI module and swap it for a motorcraft one I had saved. Set the base timing @ 16*ATDC (It runs best there) It now idles fine and revs fine. Hoping it's fixed now for awhile.

I had the SAME EXACT, to the LETTER, issue the other day.....Heat of the day, traffic...As long as she was moving, she was fine....:-hair

FourXFord2 04-01-2012 12:20 AM

I want to check at Ford dealer and see if I can get a couple Motorcraft modules bought. Am having no luck with the foreign junk. I wonder if there is anyone like in the aftermarket trying to make an upgrade.

deljac 04-01-2012 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by GIGGER (Post 11649035)
Evan, I wish Ford never put that color on a truck, no offense, G

must have been something about the flareside in 92 having that color. i have a buddy thats buiding one and theres one at my local jy, and i met a guy the other day that was driving one.

big-ugly 04-01-2012 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by deljac (Post 11652509)
must have been something about the flareside in 92 having that color. i have a buddy thats buiding one and theres one at my local jy, and i met a guy the other day that was driving one.

There's also one in my town, it's a guys project but it sits outside.

Encho 04-01-2012 09:18 AM

Got a little crazy yesterday... ended buying an almost entirely new A/C system, compressor (Sanden 508), accumulator, condenser, and i've already replaced the evaporator. I also got oil and a R134a charge. I'm getting ready to work on the truck soon, but before anything i'll address my rear brakes (shoes) and differential (tone ring and gasket replacement).