Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Nebraska Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum176/)
-   -   Husker Fans, Sound Off!! (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/764004-husker-fans-sound-off.html)

bucks77ford 09-15-2008 05:33 PM

We need to improve ALOT if we stand a chance against those teams. I think the VT game we can compete as we are now, but the MIZZOU game, we better play perfect.

jseim44 09-15-2008 07:25 PM

I agree Buck.....I don't know how or why....Mizzou is always tough.....as is Colorado, Oklahoma, Kansas......OK.....I guess the whole Big 12.........

-Jake

67nukeford 09-16-2008 08:06 AM

I think if they play like they should, they should be able to handle VT. Mizzou is a whole other story. I just don't see them having a chance, unless NU plays lights out, and MU is flat that day. Otherwise, MU will probably put a whooping on NU.

bucks77ford 09-16-2008 09:45 AM

With teams like MIZZOU, it's going to boil down to mostly our defense. For the past few years, we haven't had a coach who can get our team ready for the tough games. How many unranked teams seem to upset a top opponent (ie. last year Stanford upset USC, Appliation St. upset Michigan). It happens all the time and you always see unranked teams at least compete in big games. I haven't seen NU really compete in a game with a top 10 opponent in a long time. Bo needs to get our team fired up and make the adjustments to make a game out of it. Bo shouldn't give out the "Blackshirts" until we have done so.

67nukeford 09-19-2008 03:02 PM

I'm thinking those Blackshirts aren't going to appear til after the VT game. A little something to inspire the defense!! I just don't think they can stop Daniels and the MU offense, but we can only hope!!

bucks77ford 09-19-2008 05:34 PM

I've always thought that against superior teams and versatile QBs, the defense needs to blitz, blitz, blitz at the start of the game and knock the QB and the Offensive line around HARD. You take the chance of giving up some big plays possibly, but we need to intimidate the QB. I don't care how poised and calm or tough the QB is, you knock him around a bit than they tend to get a bit intimidated and lose some accuracy and decision making. Even the top QBs in the NFL get that way. I'm no where near saying to play dirty and make cheapshots, just knock him around a bit. Hell, it worked when we went up against Tennessee with Payton Manning and Florida with Danny Warfel, and Flordia State with Charlie Ward back in the 90s.

jseim44 09-19-2008 07:10 PM

I agree Buck......hit 'em hard.....hit 'em often......sooner or later they'll get tired of it. Last week was pretty unimpressive.....everyone just slid in when they were gonna be tackled by our defense. However, they still did manage a few good hits on the QB and what not.

Wishing we didn't have to wait another week to find out...
-Jake

67nukeford 09-22-2008 07:35 AM

Your right Buck. After a while, that QB will start hearing footsteps in his head, and even if they don't quite get to him, he'll start rushing his throws....interception time!!

150ford 09-22-2008 09:46 AM

Old style Nebraska football. Defense at its finest. Play em hard. Wear em down an take control in the 4th quarter. Against Miami in 95. The Miami players talked smack but in the 4th quarter they were sucking air completely exhausted we moved in for the kill

67nukeford 09-22-2008 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by 150ford (Post 6573505)
Old style Nebraska football. Defense at its finest. Play em hard. Wear em down an take control in the 4th quarter. Against Miami in 95. The Miami players talked smack but in the 4th quarter they were sucking air completely exhausted we moved in for the kill

Amen! Here's to the return of the BLACKSHIRTS!!!:-drink

RedUgly77 09-22-2008 11:01 AM

Nebraska is the Fav going into this weeks game against VT - 6.5 points opening line

67nukeford 09-22-2008 11:04 AM

Interesting. But, NU plays well at night, at home. VT does not look very good. I think they should be able to win.

67nukeford 09-24-2008 12:33 PM

Alliright Husker fans, time for the weekly predictions. I think NU will do pretty well agianst VT.

Nebraska- 31
Va Tech-17

RedUgly77 09-24-2008 02:31 PM

Nebraska 28
Virginia Tech 17

67nukeford 09-24-2008 02:53 PM

Hey, did you guys see former NU running back Thunder Collins was arrested in Omaha today on murder charges!!