Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   2017+ Super Duty (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum279/)
-   -   Morimoto SB LED Headlights (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1558049-morimoto-sb-led-headlights.html)

llmflyfisher 01-22-2019 03:14 AM

Originally Posted by CO Wapiti (Post 18238604)
Thank you MNSuper, I just placed my order. The $1575 is a more palatable price and I can't wait to get them in and installed.
Blwnsmoke, thanks for posting the old thread. I had already read that one but it really didn't offer any good information.
Hopefully those of us who ordered these will be able to post favorable reviews. I'm more interested in the performance aspect of these lights but the great styling is a bonus and will go well with my black custom grill and Fab Fours Bumper. I currently have the Headlight Revolution LED's in my hologen housings and I'm hoping for a big improvement.

SO the LED in regular halogen housings is sub-par compared to LED lamps in projectors? I was wondering how that would work compared to HID / projector setups. The extensive wiring harnesses with HID is pretty intimidating and LEDs that are much more plug-n-play are very attractive if they can be mounted in a projector.

CO Wapiti 01-22-2019 08:43 AM

Yes, the regular halogen reflectors where design to project the 360 degree light coming from halogen bulb so only a few well designed LED bulbs work well in these reflectors BUT they are still not as good as the Factory LED projectors. I have no idea how an HID projector setup would work. I'm sure it would be awesome if designed correctly but it does not appear that anyone has these right now. LED seems to be ruling the market. The beauty of these Morimoto's is that they give great performance and they are plug and play light assemblies. With these, you get better than the factory LED performance with a plug and play unit and they look great to boot. Look at the posted video in this thread where Headlight Revolution reviews the Morimotos. You will be impressed.

moynihan1129 01-23-2019 07:03 AM

Before I consider purchasing these, 3 things I am hoping to see:

1) What Recon comes out with (if they ever do- they were supposed to be Q4)

2) Light output vs beamtech bulbs

3) How they look on an ignot silver super duty!

Alaskan_Warbird 01-23-2019 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by moynihan1129 (Post 18435408)
Before I consider purchasing these, 3 things I am hoping to see:

1) What Recon comes out with (if they ever do- they were supposed to be Q4)

2) Light output vs beamtech bulbs

3) How they look on an ignot silver super duty!

I'm with you on all 3, excepting my Super Duty is metallic bluejeans. Any idea what a price range will be on the Recon's (if they ever come out)?

moynihan1129 01-23-2019 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by Alaskan_Warbird (Post 18435930)
I'm with you on all 3, excepting my Super Duty is metallic bluejeans. Any idea what a price range will be on the Recon's (if they ever come out)?

Just a guess, but I would estimate somewhere around $1000 based on the others I see. They always have a 20% off coupon code on their facebook page though. They have an ad that has been showing them for a while on the super duty!

Alaskan_Warbird 01-23-2019 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by moynihan1129 (Post 18435975)
Just a guess, but I would estimate somewhere around $1000 based on the others I see. They always have a 20% off coupon code on their facebook page though. They have an ad that has been showing them for a while on the super duty!

Do you have a link to that ad? I've not seen it.

moynihan1129 01-23-2019 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by Alaskan_Warbird (Post 18436114)

It is a pop up add on facebook. Cant seem to find it elsewhere. I will screenshot it if I see it again today.

moynihan1129 01-23-2019 06:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Alaskan_Warbird

Just saw it again. Here is a screenshot!

Alaskan_Warbird 01-23-2019 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by moynihan1129 (Post 18436934)
Just saw it again. Here is a screenshot!

Thanks! Decisions, decisions. HID's for $500 including foglights, or Morimoto's for $1,800, or these RECONS whenever they come out for who knows how much? :P

Towerhog 01-23-2019 07:22 PM

Those RECONS look just like blacked out OEM LED's.

MunneY 01-23-2019 10:18 PM

I really want to upgrade my lights but 1800$ for something on a farm truck is just not really feasible... I guess I'll stick to swaping in some LEDs in my halogens

Spooledsrt 01-24-2019 03:49 AM

Im liking the look of those Recons.

CPal 01-24-2019 03:56 AM

Originally Posted by Towerhog (Post 18437002)
Those RECONS look just like blacked out OEM LED's.

Was thinking the exact same thing they just look blacked out. I'm thinking they are just factory led housings that have been painted.

PremierPOWER 01-24-2019 10:24 AM

Once mine come in, I will change out one of the OEM LED's with the Morimoto and leave the other OEM to get some output pictures and cutoff pictures. Even if the true output isn't easy to capture realistically with a camera, the difference between the stock LED light on one side and the Morimoto on the other side will be noticeable in a picture.

JetMechJoe 01-24-2019 10:51 AM

Recon says they should have headlights for the 17-19 superduty with halogen headlights in the second quarter of this year