Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Georgia Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum82/)
-   -   Welcome to the April Chat Thread (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1151992-welcome-to-the-april-chat-thread.html)

ChiefM 04-14-2012 05:37 AM

I updated the for sale/ buy thread and made some changes.

c125bob 04-14-2012 09:35 AM

Sure is nice to see this board heating up again. Good work Chief ! Reps to ya. Got a full weekend going on and just dropped by to say thanks to all !

ChiefM 04-14-2012 10:08 AM

Me too, We have some great people on here.
I have the time to devote to it right now. Probibly a little less when I am home for good but it should alomst be self supporting by then. Well other than harrasing other mermbers and planning get togethers. :)

Had to work today and was a long rainy day here, we did manage to BBQ some burgers and dogs in between showers. Beats the dining facility.

ChiefM 04-15-2012 09:58 AM

The rain is finally gone, sun is out but wind is blowing 30 miles and hour. We played a pick up softball game today. I am the pitcher, got a line drive right in the left ankle. Man is it swollen. I don't think it's broken, took some pain meds and going to chill and watch a movie.

c125bob 04-15-2012 04:22 PM

Ouch ! Been there, done that. Hope it's just banged up and not broken!

koolchange 04-16-2012 08:12 AM

Good Morning Peach Chapter Enthusiasts,
Chief: I hope that ankle is getting better, probably it is Kaleidoscope colored this morning. I gave up that Softball thing 8 or 9 years ago after I had a stand up double and the next hitter dropped a drive in the gap. I took off from second and the kid caught before I made 3rd. He was screaming RUN --- I told him this is RUN fool. Realized I had lost a step or actually 20 steps on the game. :-jammin

Southern Bronco 04-16-2012 09:40 AM

Good morning all. Sorry to hear about the ankle Chief, hope you get to feeling better. A note to everybody in the Brunswick area,don't forget to stop by A+ Tires and register for our grand opening giveaway we are having April 28th.

ChiefM 04-16-2012 09:48 AM

Swollen and tender this morning It was a little red but that was it, I expected the rainbow of colors this morning too. Took some asprin and it seems fine right now. Found out I have to take a PT test in 2 weeks, great :(

The young guys were impressed I got right back up and pitched the rest of the game.

ChiefM 04-17-2012 01:56 PM

What a day, Busted a filling last night, had that fixed today. Been working on some stuff Europe wants us to do. Yesterday I was not feeling well and I went to bed early. I think the rainy and hot then cold weather is starting to get people sick. There is no drought in Kosovo that's for sure. Counting the days till R&R leave, can't wait.

Hope you all are having a good Tuesday!!!!!

Southern Bronco 04-17-2012 03:59 PM

Your day sounds like mine, Murphy's law at its best.

ChiefM 04-18-2012 07:23 AM

At least I can still run on it, went to the gym this morning, probibly going again this afternoon. My wife informed me I beter not be planning on working the whole time I am on R&R leave. There is a few things I have to get done while I am home. I have been working on some data stuff the last few days, HATE IT. We has a few other issues to work on today. Think the rain is finally trying to come to an end.

Happy Humpday !!!!

Grubbworm 04-18-2012 07:46 AM

My Troy-Bilt gas string trimmer crapped out on me last weekend. I need a new one pronto. I have to find a good qualty one for between $100-$200. My yard is about an acre and most of it is woods and weeds. I have a few items on my need list; straight shaft, easy to work on motor, easy to start, pull start in the rear (easy to change rope), brush-cutter included or optional, decent warranty, and a good quality handle. I need some help, can anyone point me in the right direction? I want something that will last me more than a couple of years. I will look at all suggestions and compare them as necessary.Right now it looks like I am leaning towards a Husqvarna 128LD from Lowes, but not set in stone.

koolchange 04-18-2012 07:47 AM

Hump Day indeed. Raining like a cow doing what they do on Flat Rocks. I make my living on my Cell Phone always on the move in these Warehouses, and I choose this morning to drop my phone somewhere. At home in the driveway at the roll off dumpster at work. Cool thing is the day is only going to get better from here. :-jammin

koolchange 04-18-2012 08:15 AM

Mr. Grubb,
That Huskie is a good choice. I have had Stihl's, Echo's, and a cheap one from Home Depot years ago. I now have a Kawasaki (yep they make string trimmers), and I bought it for the upper end on budget. I took the string off and now have a brush blade on it, and it gets the job done. I bought it from
Davis Small Engines
Dahlonega, GA
706-864-3609.
Kenny
I know it is a drive for you but he may have some great used ones, and Kenny is Right as Rain in business matters. Tell him Kyle sent you, hopefully that wouldn't count against you :D

ChiefM 04-18-2012 08:56 AM

We have a husky leaf blower at work and you can't kill that thing.