Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Indiana Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum124/)
-   -   Indiana's June 2012 BS Thread - Flag Day, Father's Day and the Summer Solstice are on tap! (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1165918-indianas-june-2012-bs-thread-flag-day-fathers-day-and-the-summer-solstice-are-on-tap.html)

sddesigns 06-14-2012 06:54 AM

Good Morning and Happy Flag Day!

Joe is just a big tease!

BIGKEN 06-14-2012 07:26 AM

Good morning Indiana!!!

67nukeford 06-14-2012 07:56 AM

Good morning Indiana, happy Thursday! So, Joe got to 9,999, and fell asleep at the keyboard....LOL

sddesigns 06-14-2012 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by 97nukeford (Post 11951206)
Good morning Indiana, happy Thursday! So, Joe got to 9,999, and fell asleep at the keyboard....LOL

Yup, since 4:07 PM EST yesterday!

67nukeford 06-14-2012 07:59 AM

And he said he only needs 5-6 hours of sleep a day....

sddesigns 06-14-2012 08:13 AM

Originally Posted by 97nukeford (Post 11951218)
And he said he only needs 5-6 hours of sleep a day....

He's just messing with us!

67nukeford 06-14-2012 08:15 AM

Maybe he's afraid.......

sddesigns 06-14-2012 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by 97nukeford (Post 11951295)
Maybe he's afraid.......

Maybe the stress just got to him?

KingBigJoe 06-14-2012 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by sddesigns (Post 11951322)
Maybe the stress just got to him?

Maybe we should help him some how ? :-huh

67nukeford 06-14-2012 08:23 AM

Nah. He just needs to man up, and make that 10,000th post!

sddesigns 06-14-2012 12:47 PM

OK, now this is getting old, JOE WTH ARE YOU DOING????? See now you made me yell!......lol!

KingBigJoe 06-14-2012 12:54 PM

JUST post already, Joe ! :-X18

67nukeford 06-14-2012 01:33 PM

Yeah, enough is enough.......

Joe, you're now under orders...MAKE THAT POST!!!!

sddesigns 06-14-2012 02:36 PM

OK, we are waiting for you to put the suit case down and post already!

67nukeford 06-14-2012 02:39 PM

That's it.....I'm not waiting anymore...I'm outa here...

X_Hemi_Guy 06-14-2012 02:56 PM

Afternoon Indiana and all of our IN friends...

What's all the hubabaloo over?...LOL

I've just been flying home today and I forgot to make that...err...THIS post yesterday before crashing...

Anyway...there you go...no fan fare...no exquisite words of wisdom...just my daily HELLO to our friends!

10K posts...man just think if I didn't type so much how many posts I'd have!

So...today's flights were mostly uneventful which are always good...

I can't tell you how much I enjoy that expedited TSA screening I get to enjoy at LAX...man is that a breeze...this morning I show up and there are probably 50 people in the screening line...thankfully that's not the line I get into...I walk up to the TSA screener...he checks my ID and I go to the pre-screened lane...I am through the line, the screening and walking to my gate in less than...get this...2 minutes...no lie!...man is that sweet...I keep my shoes and belt on, laptop in the case, fluids in my bag, everything on my person except the cell phone since it has a magnet and will set off the metal detector...I could get spoiled with that!

I did enjoy first class again today...always a pleasure to travel that way...had a bowl of raisin bran for breakfast...had my choice of that or an omelete...I went for the lower fat choice...all this traveling and being sick and no workouts are starting to take their toll.

I'm still on the antibiotics...have another close to 2 weeks to go on them...plus I have another Rx he gave me to see if that will help clear it up...the good news is that I am feeling much better these days...so that's good...amazing what a week will do!

So tomorrow morning we've got the painter coming to paint the upstairs two bathrooms...we've been trying to get him here since we had the granite installed...then I'll have to install all the new light fixtures and towel bars/toilet paper holder/etc...that will finish those rooms finally and then get our dining room table clear of all that stuff!

Saturday I'll be doing the brakes on the Ex and rotating the tires and checking all the fluids getting ready for the 4500 mile trip in a few weeks...

Other than that...I think that's about it...so do you think this is typical of one of my posts and worthy of my 10,000th?

Oh yeah...the weather here is supposed to turn really hot tomorrow...it is beautiful right now...right at 80 with lower humidity...although 90's are on the immediate horizon...so doing the tires/brakes on Saturday will be an early morning endevor.

So there you go...I made my 10,000th post...only 90,000+ to go to catch Steve!

Sorry to tease you guys...but now it's a done deal!

Thanks,

Joe

sddesigns 06-14-2012 02:57 PM

:-X03:-X03:-X03:-X03:-X03:-X03 CONGRATS JOE ON YOUR ONE OHOHOHOH POST! :-X03:-X03:-X03:-X03:-X03:-X03
:-drink:-drink:-drink:-drink:-drink:-drink:-drink:-drink:-drink:-drink

YOUR JUST A BIG TEASING POSTITUTE!!!!!!! }>}>}>

:-bigparty:-bigparty:-bigparty:-bigparty:-bigparty:-bigparty:-bigparty:-bigparty:-bigparty:-bigparty

about time

X_Hemi_Guy 06-14-2012 03:29 PM

Awe thanks Steve!...you better be watching your six...in 100 or so years...I just may catch you...of course you have to STOP RIGHT NOW!...:-)

KOESTNER 06-14-2012 08:16 PM

Evening Indiana! Joe finally posted, Happy 10K Joe. The suspense was almost too much.

Jigger2020 06-14-2012 08:56 PM

nice try Joe......howdy Rick

67gt351 06-15-2012 05:39 AM

Good Friday Indiana ! TGIF :)

Good morning Joe and Wag!

wildstang 06-15-2012 05:45 AM

Good morning and have a fantastic Friday Indiana

Jigger2020 06-15-2012 05:50 AM

Good Friday morning everyone, thank God its Friday...:)

X_Hemi_Guy 06-15-2012 05:58 AM

Morning Indiana and all of our IN friends!

Well it's Friday and I'll be home this morning with the painter (yeah I'm getting lazy in my old age)...he's a great guy and I can't complain about the price or the quality...he has been painting for us for many years now and I recommend him to all our friends...a youth Christ minister that does painting on the side (usually early mornings)...so I'll be home for a few hours this morning while he paints the upstairs two bathrooms and then tomorrow I'll get all the new stuff hung (lights, towel bars, etc)...when I was taking down the old lights last night I found out there was no J-box behind any of the lights...so guess what I'll be buying at Home Depot today...I can sort of understand why there wasn't a J-box...but that doesn't make my life any easier right now...LOL

I'll also be stopping at Auto-Zone to pick up the rear brake pads for the Ex...figure I can swap those out and get the slide pins all greased up...I'll go with the Auto-Zone golds for that...

Hope everyone has a great day...the weekend is upon us and it is going to be HOT here in Indiana!

Joe.

BIGKEN 06-15-2012 07:05 AM

Morning indiana!!!

cowboywanabe 06-15-2012 07:11 AM

Good morning Indiana, TGIF!

67nukeford 06-15-2012 08:12 AM

Good morning Indiana, happy Friday! Sorry I can't send some of this rain your way.

KingBigJoe 06-15-2012 08:28 AM

Yep... it is friday. I'm currently think about how me & brother in law will go about tearing down my truck before I start buying the tools, equipment, & frame paint (likely POR15).

X_Hemi_Guy 06-15-2012 08:31 AM

While I was writing down the 2 new tires we just got on the Mini (that makes all 4 new tires...side bar...when I got the other 2 new ones last week...the other 2 with only 22,000 miles were at the wear bars already and they are 65K mile tires...so they swapped them out and gave me $100 discount due to tread life warranty)...but while I was writing down the info on my maintenance log...I noticed I am about due for an oil change on the Excursion...so since we've got a long pull this summer...I'll change the oil tomorrow while I'm rotating the tires and installing the rear brake pads...looks like maintenance day on the Ex!

67nukeford 06-15-2012 08:32 AM

Morning Joe. Yeah, tools might come in handy for a tear down! I did my 67 frame with POR-15, then shot it with Eastwood's chassis black paint.

KingBigJoe 06-15-2012 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by 97nukeford (Post 11955569)
Morning Joe. Yeah, tools might come in handy for a tear down! I did my 67 frame with POR-15, then shot it with Eastwood's chassis black paint.

Thanks for the suggestion, 97nukeford. My main problem with the tear down is the removal of the the powertrain (as in can't remove it due to not having that proper equipment). I have severely low budget for this restoration. The only reason for Rustoleum's tear down is to find more problems to fix (as brother in law & many FTE'ers suggested).

67nukeford 06-15-2012 08:39 AM

Can you rent an engine hoist? I bought one cheap off of craiglist for my tear down.

KingBigJoe 06-15-2012 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by 97nukeford (Post 11955598)
Can you rent an engine hoist? I bought one cheap off of craiglist for my tear down.

I can rent or buy one but I can't get it home (nothing big enough to get to the house since Rustoleum can't be street driven). My budget for the build is what ever money I can earn in a given month (minus bank charges) or roughly ~$50/ month. As I said severely low budget.

67nukeford 06-15-2012 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by X_Hemi_Guy (Post 11952736)
Afternoon Indiana and all of our IN friends...

What's all the hubabaloo over?...LOL

I've just been flying home today and I forgot to make that...err...THIS post yesterday before crashing...

Anyway...there you go...no fan fare...no exquisite words of wisdom...just my daily HELLO to our friends!

10K posts...man just think if I didn't type so much how many posts I'd have!

So...today's flights were mostly uneventful which are always good...

I can't tell you how much I enjoy that expedited TSA screening I get to enjoy at LAX...man is that a breeze...this morning I show up and there are probably 50 people in the screening line...thankfully that's not the line I get into...I walk up to the TSA screener...he checks my ID and I go to the pre-screened lane...I am through the line, the screening and walking to my gate in less than...get this...2 minutes...no lie!...man is that sweet...I keep my shoes and belt on, laptop in the case, fluids in my bag, everything on my person except the cell phone since it has a magnet and will set off the metal detector...I could get spoiled with that!

I did enjoy first class again today...always a pleasure to travel that way...had a bowl of raisin bran for breakfast...had my choice of that or an omelete...I went for the lower fat choice...all this traveling and being sick and no workouts are starting to take their toll.

I'm still on the antibiotics...have another close to 2 weeks to go on them...plus I have another Rx he gave me to see if that will help clear it up...the good news is that I am feeling much better these days...so that's good...amazing what a week will do!

So tomorrow morning we've got the painter coming to paint the upstairs two bathrooms...we've been trying to get him here since we had the granite installed...then I'll have to install all the new light fixtures and towel bars/toilet paper holder/etc...that will finish those rooms finally and then get our dining room table clear of all that stuff!

Saturday I'll be doing the brakes on the Ex and rotating the tires and checking all the fluids getting ready for the 4500 mile trip in a few weeks...

Other than that...I think that's about it...so do you think this is typical of one of my posts and worthy of my 10,000th?

Oh yeah...the weather here is supposed to turn really hot tomorrow...it is beautiful right now...right at 80 with lower humidity...although 90's are on the immediate horizon...so doing the tires/brakes on Saturday will be an early morning endevor.

So there you go...I made my 10,000th post...only 90,000+ to go to catch Steve!

Sorry to tease you guys...but now it's a done deal!

Thanks,

Joe

Oh, sure, wait until I leave, THEN do this. I see how you are...and I thought we were buds.......Just hurts, man.....right here.......

:rolleyes::-X10

X_Hemi_Guy 06-15-2012 08:48 AM

Steve texted me to ORDER ME TO POST...LOL...

hanging at 9,999 for over 24 hours...doh...sorry...

X_Hemi_Guy 06-15-2012 08:48 AM

BTW Pat...go fix your 2 word game post...you missed one!

67nukeford 06-15-2012 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by X_Hemi_Guy (Post 11955645)
Steve texted me to ORDER ME TO POST...LOL...

hanging at 9,999 for over 24 hours...doh...sorry...

Yeah, just keep us in suspense......LOL

Originally Posted by X_Hemi_Guy (Post 11955651)
BTW Pat...go fix your 2 word game post...you missed one!

Nah, I jumped out. 2 is company, 3 is a crowd in those threads!!:-X04

X_Hemi_Guy 06-15-2012 09:09 AM

those threads are much more fun with more than 2...you have to be on your toes though to make sure your post was FIRST!!!

67nukeford 06-15-2012 09:16 AM

Yeah, I know. But I'm a little out of it this morning, daughter kept us up all night due to the storms!

Fuha 06-15-2012 10:28 AM

Lol.. yes the word games are nuts when there is more then 2 I can sometimes do 3 but anything more then that is nuts