Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum41/)
-   -   Project ford f100 1956 new pics (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/981357-project-ford-f100-1956-new-pics.html)

56panelford 09-20-2010 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by Björn (Post 9348895)

Great to hear your truck arrived safely. I'm sure it is attracting alot of attention. I was wondering from looking at the picture of your truck sitting on the trailer, was the deck shaped that way or has the weight bend the deck?

ZOOT 09-21-2010 09:44 AM

Good to see your truck made it OK. Looks like the PO was honest about it. From those pics, looks like nothing's missing. That article should arrive soon. I included some other reference material and mags you probably can't get over there. Good luck

Björn 09-26-2010 02:22 PM

Nice Zoot, I let you now when I got it

Got some parts out of the box

https://i285.photobucket.com/albums/...345-border.jpg
https://i285.photobucket.com/albums/...346-border.jpg

epp 09-26-2010 02:31 PM

sooo maybe i missed it, but what was the mysterious gadget in the glove box?

Björn 09-26-2010 02:36 PM

that is a box that makes differnt sounds

like bells/train/cow

now its garbage

ibuzzard 09-26-2010 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by Björn (Post 9370718)
that is a box that makes differnt sounds

like bells/train/cow

now its garbage.............Ibuzzard if that is it
I will send it to you

But,you promised...........LOL!Actually,I'm proficient at making various barnyard noises in the seclusion of my truck,no electronic device necessary.

SCRAPHEAP51 09-26-2010 03:03 PM

Nice looking truck! I see you live in the Nederlands....Cool, Where in Holland do you live?, I have lots of relitives there in Lelystad, and I was born in the haag, but I was very young. So I cant speak the language any more. Any how that is a great ride and Maybe someday I would like to see Holland and I will look you up. Da!

Björn 09-26-2010 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by ibuzzard (Post 9370780)
But,you promised...........LOL!Actually,I'm proficient at making various barnyard noises in the seclusion of my truck,no electronic device necessary.

give me the adress and i will send it to you

Originally Posted by SCRAPHEAP51 (Post 9370799)
Nice looking truck! I see you live in the Nederlands....Cool, Where in Holland do you live?, I have lots of relitives there in Lelystad, and I was born in the haag, but I was very young. So I cant speak the language any more. Any how that is a great ride and Maybe someday I would like to see Holland and I will look you up. Da!

I live in Nijmegen
And when you are in holland let me now

Björn 10-04-2010 04:22 PM

Do you guys now, if you can make from a c6 tranny with floor shifter,
A Column Shift.

jay54f100 10-04-2010 06:22 PM

Awesome build good job on the truck.

56panelford 10-04-2010 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by Björn (Post 9401459)
Do you guys now, if you can make from a c6 tranny with floor shifter,
A Column Shift.

Yes you can, you will need to get a shift column and get a cable linkage from someone like www.lokar.com . www.ididit.com would likely be able to set you up also as well as www.flamingriver.com . You could likely use a doner column from another vehicle and get the linkage from one of the vendors mentioned but a new one would likely be a better choice. Hope this is of some help.
John

B/B ford 10-04-2010 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by 56panelford (Post 9401957)
Yes you can, you will need to get a shift column and get a cable linkage from someone like www.lokar.com . www.ididit.com would likely be able to set you up also as well as www.flamingriver.com . You could likely use a doner column from another vehicle and get the linkage from one of the vendors mentioned but a new one would likely be a better choice. Hope this is of some help.
John

I don't recommend the cable shifter linkage! I went that way and it never felt right. I couldn't get a feel for the shifting detents, it felf kind of mushy. I changed to a mechanical linkage with a kit from Lokar and everything "feels" right now. I can actually feel the shift positions and they don't move around. That was the other problem with the Ididit system, if you tightened the clamp too tight on the column it was hard to shift, too loose and it moved around some. I never did get it "just right". JMHO.

56panelford 10-05-2010 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by B/B ford (Post 9402734)
I don't recommend the cable shifter linkage! I went that way and it never felt right. I couldn't get a feel for the shifting detents, it felt kind of mushy. I changed to a mechanical linkage with a kit from Lokar and everything "feels" right now. I can actually feel the shift positions and they don't move around. That was the other problem with the Ididit system, if you tightened the clamp too tight on the column it was hard to shift, too loose and it moved around some. I never did get it "just right". JMHO.

I was only giving suggestions as to what could be done. I don't have any experience with the column shift but have the floor shift cable drive that I bought for my panel and I won't have any experience driving for quite some time,lol. I just provided some links that he could check out as he'll have to decide which route to go. I'm not sure what he has at the moment as far as steering box or suspension if that might make some difference as well?? He has come to the right place to ask his questions, if something has been tried it's likely been tried by someone on here,lol.

Doc 10-05-2010 09:12 AM

Glad to see your truck made it across the "big pond" okay. You made quite the commitment to get it that far. If you don't mind me asking, why do you want to get rid of the floor shift?

Björn 10-05-2010 04:10 PM

Thanks for the info guys

The reason that I want a column shifter
I like a clean floor ,and when I have passengers ,they can’t hit(by mistake) the floor shifter