Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum41/)
-   -   This is the planning & info thread for the September 2019 PA Truckstock (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1558418-this-is-the-planning-and-info-thread-for-the-september-2019-pa-truckstock.html)

bobj49f2 04-08-2019 08:32 AM

We're still hoping to make it but again, we won't know until closer to the date. If nothing else we'll bring a tent.

bobj49f2 04-08-2019 09:12 AM

Jim,

Send me your email address. I tried to use the one I have but it bounced back. I still have the address you've used before.

Gicknordon 04-08-2019 08:31 PM

All booked! Site 65 was the closest I could get.

pineconeford 04-08-2019 08:47 PM

Glad you are coming Nick, looking forward to meeting you. Tom

52 USCG Panel 04-09-2019 08:01 AM

Nicely done Nick! We've been following you and your truck for years. You were just out of high school, and your truck was just out of some field somewhere when you first started sharing your story with us. It will be good to meet you all grown up and your truck (mostly) transformed to the vision you had for it way back at the beginning.

Now, who will be next to pick up their phone and make that reservation they've been meaning to make? Who wouldn't want to spend some quality time with their closest internet friends, in the beautiful Pennsylvania Mountains, in mid September?

Jim

bobj49f2 05-05-2019 10:43 AM

As of now it still looks like we'll be coming.

A couple of questions:

Is there any plans to go to Kinzua Bridge State Park as a group? I know as soon as my wife sees the pictures of the look out she'll want to go. I do not like heights and probably wouldn't go out on it, I might look out over the valley from the safe footing of the solid Earth but not go out on that lookout.

Second question, not really truck meet related, but does anyone live near Wysox? According to Google it's about 2 hrs NE of Bald Eagle. I have a lead on a part for my '37 Buick that is located in Wysox. If it turns out to be what I am looking for I would like to have check it out in person for me before I drive that distance to look at it and find out it's not what the person is advertising. It save me from wasting over five hours of driving. If someone lives within half an hour from the seller and wouldn't mind checking on it I'd appreciate it. PM me if you'd like to help.

When we go on trips like this we like to make the most of it. I tend to try to visit people I know in the area and other interesting attractions. I also like to incorporate parts chancing if I can find something in the area. I did this the last time we were in the Hershey area to pick up the panel truck. I got a crusty front clip from one guy and a free panel truck seat from another and we also went to Gettysburg and stopped to visit a couple of friends. This trip I am trying to arrange to visit a couple of people again, one on the way to the park and one after we leave the park and take the ferry across the river. If these is no plans to visit Kinzua as a group then I'll plan to stop there on the way to Bald Eagle.

abe 05-05-2019 01:29 PM

That is awesome, Bob. I am glad you were able to make it. Answers below in red.

Originally Posted by bobj49f2 (Post 18636843)
As of now it still looks like we'll be coming.

A couple of questions:

Is there any plans to go to Kinzua Bridge State Park as a group? I know as soon as my wife sees the pictures of the look out she'll want to go. I do not like heights and probably wouldn't go out on it, I might look out over the valley from the safe footing of the solid Earth but not go out on that lookout. No that is not my plans. It is quite far for us to go to and still have time to hang out at the park. AS I posted earlier I stopped there with my new 55 F350 on the way back from Erie County. I went east on route 6 and then dropped south to get to Mt. Jewitt to go to the Kinzua State Park. So if you are staying off the Interstates this would be a nice stop for a break for you.

Second question, not really truck meet related, but does anyone live near Wysox? According to Google it's about 2 hrs NE of Bald Eagle. I have a lead on a part for my '37 Buick that is located in Wysox. If it turns out to be what I am looking for I would like to have check it out in person for me before I drive that distance to look at it and find out it's not what the person is advertising. It save me from wasting over five hours of driving. If someone lives within half an hour from the seller and wouldn't mind checking on it I'd appreciate it. PM me if you'd like to help.
Wysox is a good 2 hour drive from me in Lock Haven. There might be someone coming from that area that can check it out for you.

When we go on trips like this we like to make the most of it. I tend to try to visit people I know in the area and other interesting attractions. I also like to incorporate parts chancing if I can find something in the area. I did this the last time we were in the Hershey area to pick up the panel truck. I got a crusty front clip from one guy and a free panel truck seat from another and we also went to Gettysburg and stopped to visit a couple of friends. This trip I am trying to arrange to visit a couple of people again, one on the way to the park and one after we leave the park and take the ferry across the river. If these is no plans to visit Kinzua as a group then I'll plan to stop there on the way to Bald Eagle.

bobj49f2 05-05-2019 02:17 PM

Thanks Abe. Just wanted to make sure nothing was planned for cruise. I know my wife will want to risk life and limb to go out to the end. I'll just wave from the starting point.

I just thought if someone attending would be coming from or living in the Wysox area they might be able to stop by and check the item out for me. I have another person, a Buick person willing to go this week if the part turns out to be what I'm looking for.

abe 05-05-2019 02:36 PM

My tentative plans as of now are this:

Thursday: hang out as FTE'rs and trucks arrive, meet and greet, at night tell scary body shop horror stories around a campfire.

Friday: drive to Piper Airplane museum, photo op with a Piper Cub, like this:

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.for...00788c1d39.jpg

then lunch at my favorite greasy spoon.

Saturday: drive to Hyner View Lookout, about 30 miles from Bald Eagle.
https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.for...edb82364e2.jpg

The Lookout was built by the CCC. It is 1300 feet above the river valley. Maybe breakfast on the way there. If time and interest permits go to a used car dealer near Mill Hall. He built it to look like an old gas station with restored pumps, old signs, with a lot of petroliana inside.

Sunday: no plans as some will be pulling out, say goodbye, and go to my church at 10:45 if time permits.

All the above is tentative and subject to change due to weather and interest. All is optional, also.

bobj49f2 05-05-2019 05:40 PM

I don't have crazy body shop stories, other than a few when I worked in body shops. I have a lot of other interesting (at least I think they're interesting) truck related stories.

Why is it everyone seems to always go up high and look down? I like being down there, I don't mind people looking down on me.

pineconeford 05-05-2019 06:29 PM

Abe, I like that itinerary just fine. Don't forget we are going to turn the Yurt into a shop clinic. We can all lift it up after dark, drive a truck underneath it and have a an indoor welding and body shop class if some of you guys want to give instruction.
Unless the park rangers catch us of course. :D :D :D

The bed of my F3 has been in bodyshops for over 2 years, we might even paint it while I'm there.
Tom

abe 05-05-2019 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by bobj49f2 (Post 18637288)
I don't have crazy body shop stories, other than a few when I worked in body shops. I have a lot of other interesting (at least I think they're interesting) truck related stories.

Why is it everyone seems to always go up high and look down? I like being down there, I don't mind people looking down on me.

Then you won't like Hyner View! Good thing we are not going to the Pennsylvania Grand Canyon, AKA the Pine Creek Gorge. My wife also is afraid of heights, since later adulthood. We went to PA Grand Canyon years ago. Our son and I rushed up to the edge and I said to my wife,"Wow, look at this." She was not next to me. I look back and she is 10 yards behind me, frozen in fear. She stayed back from the edge about 15 yards, even though the fence was made of 8x8's.

pineconeford 05-29-2019 07:12 PM

Bump to the top. To get some more guys interested in making the trip this coming September. The primary details of the get-together are on page 1 of this thread, with more details strewn throughout the next 6 pages.
There are probably still some local hotels with vacancy, and some campsites too. Or just make a day trip if you aren't too far.
Tom

abe 05-29-2019 07:34 PM

Here, here!

Marten 05-30-2019 07:32 PM

I'm a bit confused. There is another thread here that says the PA truck stock is cancelled but there is one in Tennessee. Is the one in Pennsylvania going on?