Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   6.7L Power Stroke Diesel (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum205/)
-   -   FORScan and As-Built Data (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1464739-forscan-and-as-built-data.html)

blkout50 12-14-2016 11:46 AM

Trucks with OCR

For those interested,

In Keith's "As Built" folder, I created a sub-folder named "Trucks with OCR". Within that folder, I created three more folders with the last six characters of each truck's VIN.

In each of those folders you will find these files;

*.ab ("As Built" file)
*_ab_.pdf ( PDF of the "As Built" file)
*_etis_.pdf (PDF of Ford Etis build sheet)
*_windowsticker_.pdf (PDF of Truck's Window Sticker.

Each of these trucks is confirmed to have the OCR option.

Thanks,
Mike

blkout50 12-14-2016 11:37 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Hey everyone,
I have been a little disorganized. So I stopped and gathered my notes and converted them into spreadsheet. My first thought is that is that I didn't want to manually enter ALL of those "As Built" addresses. I was able to import the (*.ab) file into excel as an XML Table.

After importing the (*.ab) file, I cleaned it up a little. I hid all the addresses that are the same across all platforms. I also hid all addresses that are VIN related.

This will give an idea what my spreadsheet looks like after my first round of eliminations.

Edit: 12/15/16, Replaced pics of spreadsheet with different colors.

Attachment 196066

Attachment 196067

Just Strokin 12-15-2016 04:46 AM

Looks great Mike....thanks for the good work.

I would like to suggest your next rendition that maybe a different color combo on the red blocks with black letters. Is a bit hard to read with my old eyes. Not sure others will have similar problems or not. Also, might not print out very good should someone want a hard copy.

blkout50 12-15-2016 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by Just Strokin (Post 16794150)
Looks great Mike....thanks for the good work.

I would like to suggest your next rendition that maybe a different color combo on the red blocks with black letters. Is a bit hard to read with my old eyes. Not sure others will have similar problems or not. Also, might not print out very good should someone want a hard copy.

Thank you Larry and thank you for the feed back! I will fix the colors and swap out the pics. I have no idea why I chose red. I must have been angry with myself for not setting up this spreadsheet from the beginning, lol.

My intent for coloring the blocks was to ID the blocks with some known settings. I had done this prior to hiding rows with settings that were the same across all platforms. After hiding those rows, the spreadsheet became one giant block of red.

On a side note; addresses that are not colored red have not been ID'd and we have no idea what they do... yet... OCR maybe?

Thanks,
Mike

frt2599 12-15-2016 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by blkout50 (Post 16794521)
Thank you Larry and thank you for the feed back! I will fix the colors and swap out the pics. I have no idea why I chose red. I must have been angry with myself for not setting up this spreadsheet from the beginning, lol.

My intent for coloring the blocks was to ID the blocks with some known settings. I had done this prior to hiding rows with settings that were the same across all platforms. After hiding those rows, the spreadsheet became one giant block of red.

On a side note; addresses that are not colored red have not been ID'd and we have no idea what they do... yet... OCR maybe?

Thanks,
Mike

Hi Mike,

Thanks you and everyone for all the great information but could someone give us novice a short description on what the on/off features of the below options actually do?

1. Reverse camera enable/disable (does this simply shut off the backup camera when you put the car in reverse?

2. Cruse control switch enable/disable

3. 4-door, 2-door setting

4. Rear lamp outage as built/disable

5. Autolock and autolamp enable/disable

Thanks

blkout50 12-15-2016 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by frt2599 (Post 16794940)
Hi Mike,

Thanks you and everyone for all the great information but could someone give us novice a short description on what the on/off features of the below options actually do?

Thanks

Thanks Bob,
All excellent questions

1. Reverse camera enable/disable (does this simply shut off the backup camera when you put the car in reverse?

Yes, you are correct. Since not all vehicles have the same options from the factory, Ford can turn this option on/off as needed. (We can also w/FORScan)

2. Cruse control switch enable/disable

Same answer as question 1.

3. 4-door, 2-door setting

This answer is similar to questions 1 and 2. The truck needs to know this to so it can monitor door switches and such.

4. Rear lamp outage /disable

This one is actually pretty cool. Ford's original intent is to alert the driver when a turn signal bulb is burned out.

Some have swapped out their standard bulbs with LED's and will get a hyper flash. Disabling this feature does away the hyper flash.

Note: There is one for the front also. It is hidden at the moment in the spreadsheet.

5. Autolock and autolamp enable/disable

The auto-lock is for door lock to lock the doors automatically when you start to drive away.

Auto-lamp turn the headlights on when it gets dark. I think(?)

Mike

Dakster 12-16-2016 01:28 AM

Soooooo... The question is. Has anyone turned on forced regeneration request DPF screen and had it work?

ZooDad 12-16-2016 01:35 AM

Originally Posted by Dakster (Post 16796668)
Soooooo... The question is. Has anyone turned on forced regeneration request DPF screen and had it work?

We are actively working on OCR. Both blkout and I have a couple leads we are following up on.

We also have reached out to a couple members with 12 that OCR works on to get some data.

We will keep you updated.

Dakster 12-16-2016 01:37 AM

Thank You BOTH for doing this. I really appreciate it.

Just Strokin 12-16-2016 05:09 AM

Mike, The color change is great. The good work you and Keith are doing is fabulous.

When you or Keith get a few minutes or want to chase another rabbit.

There have been a couple projects people have wanted to add to their trucks. Some interface with the SCCM and/or APIM and other modules with CAN bus access.

1. Heated steering - it interfaces with the SCCM and Heated steering wheel module.
2. Heated rear seats - unsure of the interface - might be a manual control with door switches
3. Supplemental Rapid Heat - interfaces with AHCM (Aux heat control module)

ZooDad 12-16-2016 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by Just Strokin (Post 16796733)
Mike, The color change is great. The good work you and Keith are doing is fabulous.

There have been a couple projects people have wanted to add to their trucks. Some interface with the SCCM and/or APIM and other modules with CAN bus access.

1. Heated steering - it interfaces with the SCCM and Heated steering wheel module.
2. Heated rear seats - unsure of the interface - might be a manual control with door switches

Sweet. Time for some more digging...
Thanks Larry.
Keith

blkout50 12-16-2016 12:02 PM

Thanks everyone!

As Keith (ZooDad) has mentioned, we are both working diligently following leads, turning over rocks, (and in my case, tripping over them) to find the settings for the OCR option. Every once in a while we find a setting of value from an overturned rock!

From the beginning I have felt that finding the OCR option would take a collective effort. PLEASE feel free to join in and help us search for the OCR settings. The more eyes on the OCR prize, the better!!

Just to clarify, Keith's spreadsheet is a repository for all module address settings. Please use Keith's spreadsheet as a reference.

My spreadsheet has a different strategy. Yes, it is a repository also, but more for the process of elimination. I'm looking for the "last man standing", so to speak. Feel free to use my spreadsheet in that respect.

Thanks again everyone!
Mike

blkout50 12-16-2016 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by Just Strokin (Post 16796733)

Thank you Larry!

I can look at those also. My current truck has those three options and my previous truck did not. I will do a comparison of those two trucks and see what jumps out.

I'm not sure if anyone has done a heated steering wheel after the fact. I do know that the F150 guys have been able to turn the steering Wheel icon on in MFT.

Someone here did a supplemental heater install. I think it is in the "Tech Folder". Looked like a pretty big job.

I will see if anything shows up on the rear heated seats.

Mike

ZooDad 12-16-2016 04:21 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Check out what I found

Attachment 167899

Attachment 167900

Attachment 167897

Attachment 167898

I will update the spreadsheet when I get home.

Keith

blkout50 12-16-2016 06:05 PM

AWESOME Keith!!!