Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Washington Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum188/)
-   -   February General Thread (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1220710-february-general-thread.html)

IB Tim 02-17-2013 08:14 AM

Morning Washington...having a great Sunday? Gotta love a long weekend...

joshofalltrades 02-17-2013 11:03 AM

that would do it dylan. that shifter can be a blessing and a curse depending on how aware you are of it. when i first got my van i thought i had a problem when i left it in 2nd a couple times, then became aware that it was working perfect.
i'm glad thats all it was for you!

GruesomeJeans 02-17-2013 01:14 PM

Morning Tim! So far today has been ok, I can't complain.

Josh I think the thing that scared me the most was one day I was heading to work and decided to swing by a gas station for breakfast. Well after my purchase when I got in the bronco and turned the key, I got nothing... I started to worry thinking it was the battery or the starter or all these other things, well I called my mom and was talking to her to see if she had any ideas and she didn't, but she suggested I make sure it was all the way in park. Turns out it was halfway to park but still in reverse. Doh! Haha that wasn't the last time I did that but I end up over looking that cause I figured that was too easy.

Yahiko 02-17-2013 04:55 PM

Well I get to take a real shower today:)
Pain is way down along with the amount of drugs.
I may even go for a short ride.

Sean :-drink

GruesomeJeans 02-17-2013 05:11 PM

That's good, just take it easy and don't push yourself.

Yahiko 02-17-2013 10:27 PM

I was tired from the shower.
I skipped the drive and went out with mom for some pizza.
Looks like I am going to have to visit the dentist this week i
have a broken filling that I found the hard way today.
I may still make it to the meeting.

BTW if you want to see the nice hole the Dr made let me know and I'll
post a link to a photo.

GruesomeJeans 02-17-2013 10:50 PM

I hate going to the dentist. No matter how much Novocaine they inject me with, I still feel the drill and the pain. Braces were bad enough when I had them, if I could go back in time I would make myself brush better. The past is the past though.

I *might* have my headers on for the meet but unless I find a way to rig up my flex pipe so that the exhaust isn't overly loud. Don't get me wrong, I like it noisy but my parent and my neighborhood doesn't.

Oh I forgot, I don't know if I want to see the picture haha, I'm not real big on gory things.

GruesomeJeans 02-18-2013 05:23 AM

Just for promotional reasons, https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...ruck-show.html This is a thread started by Joewelds who is asking about making the September meet into a car/truck show as well. I figured I would post it here in case you are like me and don't look at the other threads very often :D

joewelds 02-22-2013 05:23 PM

Hey Thanks Dylan, I just saw you posted a link for the Sept Meet. Man you are all over this site, haha. I'm getting the hang of the site little by little. I'm at 111 posts with this one and it says I'm a Senior User, but I still feel like a rookie.

GruesomeJeans 02-22-2013 05:46 PM

Yeah you get the hang of it after a while. I normally just answer my emails and move on but sometimes I cruise around the threads and look at new posts.

JenniSAnanna 02-22-2013 06:28 PM

Hello

I am thinking about buying a 1988 E150 econoline van, to move from Kentucky to Colorado. My son-inlaw starts Kemo soon.. I am I Love with the Idea of reliving my Youth..Putting long shag carpet inside,TV, XBox, bed and disco ball. Cranking up the 8 track and painting dragons on the side...having a place for me or son-in law to go hide when needed..
My issue is.....
The present owner says it has exhaust leak somewhere and not a lot of power..
The leak seams to be coming from behind the passenger seat.
So my limited knowledge. exhaust manifold problem? Catalytic converter? Muffler-which the owner says no. That the problem"" goes away with the heater on or cracking the window?
I am stumped...
Any Ideas how to tell what's what?

GruesomeJeans 02-22-2013 06:50 PM

It sounds like a broken weld somewhere. Are you able to jack up the front end and slide under it to inspect it? It probably wouldn't be the manifold, that would be in front of the seat, it sounds more like a catalytic converter.

Yahiko 02-22-2013 06:57 PM

I must agree that it needs to be gotten in the air a bit so you can get under
with a good flashlight and do some investigating. Or if you can take for a test drive
stop in at some place like Walt's Muffler and have then put it up on the rack and
tell you what is needed. That is the easy and cheep way.

JenniSAnanna 02-23-2013 09:06 AM

Thanks...anything else I should be on the look out for..common problems of the 88"s?

IB Tim 02-23-2013 09:41 AM

Happy weekend Washington...time for some racing!