Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   6.7L Power Stroke Diesel (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum205/)
-   -   Probably 1 Page - July 2017 G2G (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1443223-probably-1-page-july-2017-g2g.html)

STOF-FORD 02-25-2017 11:01 PM

I don't feel like we're "official voting members" of the group yet as we haven't even met in the flesh. That being said, I grew up in Indiana and have been to Mammoth a couple of times. It's absolutely worth seeing and I would wholeheartedly encourage you to do so.

I'm guessing if that were to be the group's '18 venue, that would probably be the time we head to Alaska. That had been our plan for this year, but Maine sounds like a fantastic option too.

We completely get the realities of life. Many of you have little ones of various ages and vacation time is precious and must be allocated wisely. Trust me, we've been there and totally understand that reality. My wife's been retired for a couple of years and I'm in quasi-retirement mode at the moment. Our kids are 31 and 33, so our drivers are a bit different. Lot's of "bucket list" items we'd like to check off.

Just thinking out loud, but maybe '18 is a year for two G2G's, an eastern tribe and a western tribe. Just tossing it out as food for thought.

Sailor Roy 02-26-2017 12:09 AM

We all know that we all can't make them all........( is that enough - all's)

We pick places and move it around.

Michigan would be nice.......

I'd like a winter one in GA...TX....AZ

Tetons.......

Flaming Gorge UT.......

Eastern Shore MD.....

It will all work out. Maine is a tough one for many people........
Next year might have to be more "local" for cost reasons........

STOF-FORD 02-26-2017 12:15 AM

Roy is obviously much more succinct .... and on point than I am.

Yup to what he said.

Sailor Roy 02-26-2017 12:21 AM

Steve......The Alaska trip is GREAT......give yourself plenty of time. Plenty of great places to visit in Canada too.........

STOF-FORD 02-26-2017 12:25 AM

Originally Posted by Sailor_Roy (Post 16984005)
Steve......The Alaska trip is GREAT......give yourself plenty of time. Plenty of great places to visit in Canada too.........

Yup, that's our thought. Frankly, i'd like to just make a summer of it. As you say, a whole lot to do in Canada coming and going. Just once in my life, I'd really like to catch a big fish. :)

Sailor Roy 02-26-2017 12:38 AM

Originally Posted by STOF-FORD (Post 16984008)
Yup, that's our thought. Frankly, i'd like to just make a summer of it. As you say, a whole lot to do in Canada coming and going. Just once in my life, I'd really like to catch a big fish. :)

There is a fish or two up there too........

Lynn, Theresa and I will likely make the trip again.....
Plenty to see that we didn't do the 1st time.

EO2SeaBee 02-26-2017 04:40 AM

Originally Posted by Karl4Cat (Post 16983060)
Tony, Scott, Steve, Josh, Rod.... the ball is rolling already. I'm sure Monty would be there in a heartbeat too...

Hey, don't leave ME off of that list! I wanna go too! I was speaking with Jodi about it last night, and she said she has been spelunking many times in her youth and really enjoyed it. She would enjoy this trip too.

A larger group of Ford Truck Enthusiasts would make a good case for some behind the scenes at KTP.

Another relatively close thing to see or do while there and not caving is the National Corvette Museum in Bowling Green. Obviously it isn't Ford, but who doesn't like looking at Corvettes?

Roy, as far as sweating goes, I recall doing that in Wisconsin last year. The caves stay pretty chilly. Additionally, if we get to visit KTP and/or the Corvette Museum, we would stay comfy when not hanging out underground at Mammoth.

System 02-26-2017 06:10 AM

Someday, I think the East Coasters should head up to Nova Scotia. We went when Maryann was prego back in 2012. What an amazing trip. Both ends have something to offer. The Bay of Fundy had campgrounds where you could camp right on the waterfront. Just beautiful. Then up in Cape Breton Island, the Cabot Trail is one of the most beautiful coastal drives/rides you can do. We're going back in a year or two...

bigredtruckmi 02-26-2017 06:15 AM

Even in the UP of Michigan it gets hot and the black flies come out. We try to avoid that.

bigredtruckmi 02-26-2017 06:18 AM

The caves web site says to bring a sweater or jacket. Year round as you will need it.

System 02-26-2017 06:22 AM

Roy will likely try to set up camp inside Dave...

bigredtruckmi 02-26-2017 06:27 AM

True...Only Roy would try:-X19

System 02-26-2017 06:30 AM

This means we should all bring a roll of duct tape to patch him up afterwards....

EO2SeaBee 02-26-2017 06:30 AM

As I recall, the temps inside the caves hover pretty close to 55° regardless of the weather outside. I've never needed or wanted a jacket or sweater, but I like the cool. Others would be too chilly.

Ferguson65 02-26-2017 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by EO2SeaBee (Post 16984115)
Another relatively close thing to see or do while there and not caving is the National Corvette Museum in Bowling Green. Obviously it isn't Ford, but who doesn't like looking at Corvettes?

Hey if it caves in again maybe you could go spelunking at the Corvette musuem! Would be something to see (sans sinkhole).

But it's impossible to make something work for everybody, every time. Can't make them all.