Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Offroad & 4x4 (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum63/)
-   -   Funny things people say to you about your truck (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/432352-funny-things-people-say-to-you-about-your-truck.html)

monsterbaby 11-29-2005 04:14 PM

You know I saw a guy say something like that to a customer (not me but I worked in that shop) a guy came in with a miss on a really healthy 409 chev, the mechanic told him that he needed a valve job and new cam because the cam he had was causing the bad running, DUH that sucker had a radical solid roller cam in it, and was barely streetable the guy was so ticked he started to storm out of the place, saying he would never be back I managed to stop him, and get him to let me look at it. turned out to be a spark plug that was with a cracked procelene shorting out to the block easy fix but he was going nuts trying to find it. This wasn't an attempt to rip the guy off just one of those people that think you should never modify a vehicle because the factory built them that way for a reason.

Franken-Truck 11-29-2005 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by JeremyH
I'm sorry for cracking a joke about Virginia, but its to be expected becuase I'm only a Texan.

Apology accepted :-X14

1970Custom 11-30-2005 07:09 PM

When I first bought my '93 I pulled up to the gas station after work, there was a little s-10 sitting at the next pump, the guys two younger boys looked at my truck and said "Wow that truck is cool" all I could say was thanks.

now its usually "is that exhaust stock" (dual 2.5 in dia x 12 in. long glasspacks)

or the usual "why does the tailgate say F-250 and the fender say F-150?"

JeremyH 12-01-2005 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by Franken-Truck
Apology accepted :-X14

HaHa! You must have never been to Texas. Why do you think I call it that?!?! :-D

johnsonswamp 12-01-2005 10:43 AM

My ford I usually hear "You put that truck in the mud?" NOPE! I just take it to the bog in for the hell of it and smear mud on it by hand.

"Why do you have those tractor looking tires on there?"

And I hate it when people want to argue with me saying that I don't have an I6 in it.

I got this last weekend about my Toyota. "That thing have a V8 in it?" NOPE! the other header (hood exit) is duck taped on for looks.

KubotaOrange76 12-01-2005 10:51 AM

heres your sign

derherr65 12-01-2005 11:33 AM

My personal favorites...
"When's that thing gonna run?" When you stop giving me more **** to do than there are hours in the day.
"Are you going to paint it?" Nah, I like faded paint with rust spots on street trucks. :-roll
"Did you get your truck running?" Do you see it in your driveway?
"How much more have you got to do?" Let me get my crystal ball...

mightypan42 12-01-2005 11:54 PM

Day before yesterday: Gave my uncle a ride home from dealership where he was getting his Toyota fixed (lol). Stopped at a Stop sign. He pointed at a side street with a Dead End sign on it. "If you go out there and go down the hollow, it'll come out at (street near where I live). *silence.....* I smile. He says, "I need to get on home."

RotGrubestier44 12-02-2005 12:37 AM

<TABLE class=tborder cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=4 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR title="Post 3174648" vAlign=top><TD class=alt1 align=middle width=125>mightypan42</TD><TD class=alt2>Day before yesterday: Gave my uncle a ride home from dealership where he was getting his Toyota fixed (lol). Stopped at a Stop sign. He pointed at a side street with a Dead End sign on it. "If you go out there and go down the hollow, it'll come out at (street near where I live). *silence.....* I smile. He says, "I need to get on home."</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Hell yeah, I like that. Dukes of Hazzard baby!!!!

hoxiii 12-02-2005 01:10 AM

"You're such a poser, you lifted a 4x2 and put 35's on it." (truck is factory badged F150 4x2)
My response is normally, "yeah, and at the same time i put a front axle and a transfer case in it."

But i think my favorite was "I've always liked 400's, but dang that thing runs smooth." (the attendant at emissions testing was a ford guy. I told him it was a 300 and he called BS until the visual came up).

The ones that always put the biggest smiles on my face are the little kids. The ones that smile and wave or just get a big grin, it always makes my day.

Justin

Franken-Truck 12-02-2005 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by JeremyH
HaHa! You must have never been to Texas. Why do you think I call it that?!?! :-D

I have no idea, but I'm interested to know :-X22 The farthest west I've been that I can remember was the VAC trip to Skyline drive :-X07

Oval_obsessed 12-02-2005 12:33 PM

My wife and I had to go to her grandmother's house once to pick some stuff up. She couldn't believe how big my tires were on my '94, it only has 31 BFG's on it. I think she would have a heart attack if she saw Ivan's or Pro's trucks.

JeremyH 12-02-2005 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by Franken-Truck
I have no idea, but I'm interested to know :-X22 The farthest west I've been that I can remember was the VAC trip to Skyline drive :-X07

We get plenty of........ummmm......."visitors"

Sycostang67 12-03-2005 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by RubberDuck
For my dually......"Are those pipes real?".....No, the soot around the tips is painted on.

I get that one a lot too. The other day though I saw a chevy dually with a real nice diamond plate flatbed and 2" stacks on the back. I also saw a tailpipe behind the rear wheel. Poser! :-X15

One of the good things about working in an auto parts store is being able to get my own parts. :-D

fishmanndotcom 12-03-2005 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by hoxiii
The ones that always put the biggest smiles on my face are the little kids. The ones that smile and wave or just get a big grin, it always makes my day.

lol that reminds of an evening when i took my g/f out to a movie, i let her out at the door so she could get in line to get some tickets and i could go park (it was raining) and my g/f said when she got out of my truck (the PSD) she heard a little girl tell her mom "that trucks bigger than a limo, that girl must be the presidents daughter"

i thought it was funny as hell

o and looks tell a thousand words... you should see some of the looks i get when i am at work, in atlanta, driving around and around in this parking deck that is barely big enough for a standard cab shortbox to fit in. needless to say i do some 3-4 point turns some times! :-X03

-cutts-