Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   6.0L Power Stroke Diesel (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum107/)
-   -   2005 poll (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/328508-2005-poll.html)

1BDTrk 01-14-2005 02:20 PM

I've had mine since 11/12, and today 1/14 I've got 6425 miles, and I LOVE THIS Awesome truck.

t_j82 01-14-2005 04:00 PM

I don't know about this truck!!!!

Well, here we go again... Still have the exhaust in cab and now a couple of new twists, went out this morning to start it (-20 deg) and turned the key, let the glow plugs do their thing and started it. 2nd turn, started right up except the rpms went to 2k and then settled at about 800 and bounced to 1k. Then there was this god awful squeel/whirring sound by the drivers door that sounded like the trans having a fit which lasted about 3-5 mins. Blue clouds of smoke poured out of the pipe and motor was strangely muted, no diesel rattle what so ever (which is unusual). Yes I am using winter fuel and oil BTW. It settled down and all was fine. Went out and back, sat at home for about 2 hrs and went to leave, started the truck and bang! No more temp control center, completely dead and would not come back. Truck doesn't want to move very well when cold now, feels like a brake is stuck but it isn't. Dealer is now trying to figure out this mess and I am REALLY tired of this.

Oh well, vent time over... At least they gave me a new supercrew to drive.

superv10 01-14-2005 06:00 PM

Not sure about your other problems, but the nice muted no diesel rattle from what I was told is normal - it's due to the ehaust gas valve being on to help warm up faster - mine does the same thing

cpl624 01-14-2005 08:17 PM

'05 f350 cc 6.0l lariat lb 600 miles
very happy so far except for the lack of a block heater.

big 6.0 cc350 01-18-2005 04:12 PM

Cpl- You do have a block heater installed if you have the diesel, you just are missing the cord. It is available for purchase through your Ford Dealer. Anly six or seven states are considered "cold weather states" by Ford, those sstates received the cords as standard equipment. For the rest of us, it is OPTIONAL!

gcon 01-18-2005 05:32 PM

'05 F-350 sc 6.0 lariat LE 4x4, DRW, 2200 miles. My 1st diesel, am happy with this truck. It is averaging 14.5 mpg around town. Seems to handle everything well so far. I use it for plowing snow, does the job just fine.

t_j82 01-18-2005 06:59 PM

Back From Dealer and......

I just picked up my truck and got the work order... Hmmm, all of my problems and they say it is working as designed AGAIN. All they did was a re-flash. They said they couldn't see where the control center was not working, even though when I took it to them and showed the service mgr it was completely dark not to mention he worked on it for over a half hour himself. Said they could not reproduce any of the problems after I left, DUH it hasn't been -20 for days now. :-fire I am begining to feel like I am the nut here with phantom problems that only I can see.... And they do all of this with a straight face :-X22

tolliewolly 01-18-2005 07:55 PM

you should just take it to another dealer. I have found through reading in this forum that there ARE dealers out there that have dumb people that work on the trucks! If there is a problem then they will "REFLASH" it and pray that fixes it. They are too stupid to fix it. Try another dealership that has a good diesel tech. The dealership I bought my new truck from has a really smart diesel tech that went to school on this 6.0 when it came out. He knows everything and when a 6.0 comes in the first time with trouble then he and his crew fixes it and then it never comes back again for most of his 6.0's. I have not had a single problem with my 6.0 and I cannot fathom this truck giving problems but I guess they are out there so go to another dealership and check to see if the diesel tech is worth a poot or not!http://campaigns.ford-trucks.net/for...cons/icon7.gif

hodgekuter 01-18-2005 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by J.Lauer
Sounds like the majority are really enjoying the 2005 Super Duty 6.0. I really enjoy my 05 can't wait to see how it does with the 32 ft 5th wheel strapped to it's back. Keeping my fingers crossed with 2500 trouble free miles.

I think you will find the 6.0 PSD will drag that 5er just about any place you want to go.

Bill in KY :-wink :) :)

t_j82 01-19-2005 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by tolliewolly
you should just take it to another dealer. I have found through reading in this forum that there ARE dealers out there that have dumb people that work on the trucks! If there is a problem then they will "REFLASH" it and pray that fixes it. They are too stupid to fix it. Try another dealership that has a good diesel tech. The dealership I bought my new truck from has a really smart diesel tech that went to school on this 6.0 when it came out. He knows everything and when a 6.0 comes in the first time with trouble then he and his crew fixes it and then it never comes back again for most of his 6.0's. I have not had a single problem with my 6.0 and I cannot fathom this truck giving problems but I guess they are out there so go to another dealership and check to see if the diesel tech is worth a poot or not!http://campaigns.ford-trucks.net/for...cons/icon7.gif

Tollie, I would love to take it to another dealer but there are a couple of things that make that not possible. The major one is that the closest next dealer is 150 miles away through snow and ice. I filed the DSB papers last week and the dealer said he didn't blame me, he would too. Could be just lip service though.....

ctibob 01-19-2005 07:46 AM

I have had my truck sence 9/04 it statrted hard for the first 8,000 MI I now have 13,000 on it and it fires right up cold or hot I'am geting 15/18 MPG very happy
no mods

J.Lauer 01-19-2005 04:25 PM

Anybody heard of a good fix for the exhaust in the cab yet? In other words has anybody been able to get it fixed?

t_j82 01-19-2005 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by J.Lauer
Anybody heard of a good fix for the exhaust in the cab yet? In other words has anybody been able to get it fixed?

Not on an '05, so far as I have heard there are a lot of suggestions from going at the Y pipe to sealing the outside air vent from working, none of which have been approved by any ford dealer I have seen to date.

tolliewolly 01-19-2005 06:29 PM

As far as exhaust in the cab goes...I have figured this out. When the truck idols for a period of time then the fumes make it around near the intake for your cab air system. I noticed that when it sets doe a little bit then those fumes come in that way. Diesel fumes are very distinct and you cant miss them for nothing. A gas burns a little cleaner. But anyways When I get in the truck 20 minutes later there are fumes in it then when I take off I dont smell them anymore. Throughout the day I do not smell them at all.....just start of the day when it sets. The other morning it was windy and I let the truck sit for about 20 minutes before I leave in order to warm up good. It was windy and when i got into the truck I noticed that there was not any fumes smell at all. I just think some of the fumes are seeping in during that kind of work and I am not worried at all. Those diesel fumes are just distinct so if there is a trace of them then your gonna smell them.

tolliewolly 01-19-2005 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by t_j82
Tollie, I would love to take it to another dealer but there are a couple of things that make that not possible. The major one is that the closest next dealer is 150 miles away through snow and ice. I filed the DSB papers last week and the dealer said he didn't blame me, he would too. Could be just lip service though.....

Dang that really stinks. Well if you could get the truck to another dealership then so be it but I wish you luck. It sounds like your stuck between a rock and a hard place.