Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1980 - 1986 Bullnose F100, F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum37/)
-   -   What have you done to your truck today? (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1004055-what-have-you-done-to-your-truck-today.html)

jthorngate3 02-10-2011 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by 1986FordF150I300 (Post 9952030)
I wanna get one of those Kicker Square Dual Coil Subs for my truck soon.
Upcoming projects before that though will be to finally put that correct top cover on my M5OD and install my new A/C compressor i got :-) Not in no hurry though sense it's cold as *$^# right now lol.

This Saturday i'll be Rear End Shopping at the J/yard! WOOT!:-headbang

I think bars or clubs are usually a little better place for that kind of shopping, friend:-X22

okiepc1 02-11-2011 05:59 AM

I agree about the bars and clubs, thats where I would look.:-X22

okiepc1

krazeyelf 02-11-2011 06:11 AM

That kind of shopping could cause a rust problem with your dipstick.

1986FordF150I300 02-11-2011 09:11 PM

Wow.... Just Wow... LMAO

http://images.uncyc.org/commons/b/bd/Rofl--copter.gif

glovemeister 02-12-2011 12:29 AM

I picked up a set of map pockets 84 Ford diesel, and two visors with clips from a 89 or so Ford truck $20 bucks. I got them and most of the rest of my ford interior painted/dyed. Ive used about 10 cans total (plastic paint, and vinyl dye). I have more to go. I also took apart my cluster tonight down to the frame just to see what all happened inside it. I also knocked out the blue pass filters and they look to be cloudy!

jthorngate3 02-12-2011 12:29 AM

I am glad this went as far as it very well should have!

glovemeister 02-13-2011 02:19 AM

I finished up painting my front seats today, and the rest of my interior. Headliner seems to be ok with the black paint its a very dark gray. Not black but not light either. Um same with the cloth on my seats its a dark gray but the vinyl is 100% perfect black. I noted today that the 3-4 coats of speciality designed plastic paint I used were not holding up too good on alot of the pieces. They were high gloss black (doubtful is has any merit but none the less they were pretty damn shiney). I used undercoating on all my interior pieces and metal pieces. I'm up to 2 coats on some stuff and 1 coat on the rest. I will flip em over and do the other sides and then another coat on them. It dries reallly flat black which may or may not be an issue. I guess the next course of action will be to track down some black seatbelts, and or locate a black set of seats and go about it that way. I am curious to see how to undercoating stuff will fair on my plastic I'm hoping good but we shall see after a roughly 24 hour dry time. To be fully cured it needs a week but if its not looking up to spec I may hit it with a coat of spray on clear coat all around. Any ideas?

glovemeister 02-13-2011 04:23 AM

I just ordered new vent seals, rear window seals, and a right floor pan. $187 shipped I believe or $187+ 25. I still got a ways to go with a lift, new tires, rims, five speed, black seatbelts, kc lights, flat bed, winch, and especially so I am trying to figure out how in the heck I can get a floor coating. lMC had a MIP flooring material with a jute padding. I think I am going to jerk that jute off and then just run frost king on my floors. I really do not want any water attracting material in there anyway, especially on the floors. Any ideas guys? That will incorporate sound deadening ala frost king, and also be water resistant. Thus far the plan is paint, rhino line, frost king and then a rubber mat but that stuff is like $150 bucks and that is freaking outrageous. Furthermore, whatever you do don't never ever get your firewall material wet. I jerked it all out and that piece is like $160 dollars from LMC and else where. I will run without that junk before I pay that price, outrageous.

nwrednk 02-13-2011 06:41 AM

Hmmm, this thread started out with instrument...

Panel problems, & even in the later 80,s seem to have the same problem. I
have had that problem twice with the tough off road travels hunting deer
& elk! I cleaned the oxidation of the contacts with a pencil erasor & dena-
tured alcohol to restore my gauges! And, I fully endorse the "highliner" kit
to customize your truck from jc whitney as my beast has sported one ever
since I purchased it in 1989 & mounted a Pioneer radio in it & a cb radio in
the dash!:-X22

Greyf100 02-13-2011 07:53 AM

picked up a hood and cowl panel from the JY yesteday, going back today to get a nice step bumper i saw.

http://img714.imageshack.us/img714/9952/0212111424.jpg

okiepc1 02-13-2011 08:49 AM

good lookin hood & panel, wish I had a JY near, closest one is about 18 miles & they are proud of everything they have.

okiepc1

Anafiel 02-13-2011 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by okiepc1 (Post 9961689)
good lookin hood & panel, wish I had a JY near, closest one is about 18 miles & they are proud of everything they have.

okiepc1

Yea, too bad proud = $
<div_prefs id="div_prefs"></div_prefs><div_prefs id="div_prefs"></div_prefs>

glovemeister 02-13-2011 12:23 PM

Hell you shouldn't be complaining the local junkyard is 30 miles away and I swear the proprietors looks like something from Hills Have Eyes. They even have a chevy tow truck that looks scary as hell.

ebodell 02-13-2011 01:01 PM

Finally got some decent weather (in the mid 40s with sunshine, kind of forgot what that was) so I replaced the upper hinge pin on the drivers side. My door will actually close now without lifting it up about 1/2". I also pulled the headliner out and got it ready to recover. While I am working on this I plan on painting the interior trim if I can figure out what color it is/was. The plastic is so faded it is tough to tell.
Hopefully the supercold stuff is gone until next winter. Last week it was -18F.
Erik
'85 F150 XLT/Lariat
300-6 4sp OD trans

Rogue_Wulff 02-13-2011 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by ebodell (Post 9962523)
Finally got some decent weather (in the mid 40s with sunshine, kind of forgot what that was) so I replaced the upper hinge pin on the drivers side. My door will actually close now without lifting it up about 1/2". I also pulled the headliner out and got it ready to recover. While I am working on this I plan on painting the interior trim if I can figure out what color it is/was. The plastic is so faded it is tough to tell.
Hopefully the supercold stuff is gone until next winter. Last week it was -18F.
Erik
'85 F150 XLT/Lariat
300-6 4sp OD trans

For a good idea of what the original color was, pull the door panels and look at the backside of them......