Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   6.2L V8 (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum206/)
-   -   Hurricane news (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/338305-hurricane-news.html)

BigF350 02-02-2005 09:42 PM

Hey, Ben99GT, do you have a website for this Al Papitto guy?

Ben99GT 02-03-2005 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by bigbluebronco43
I'm talking stock form, you won't find ported and polished heads, 40lb injectors, tubular headers, and such on a production engine made for a truck to run over 100k miles working hard.

Still, the Cobra R 5.4L wasn't as strung out as your typical LS2/LS6. I'm sure it would have had no trouble motivating any half ton truck and should last a long time since it had a top notch rotating assembly.

rockclimber 02-04-2005 06:02 PM

Rumor in Dearborn is the Hurricane is way over budget and being dropped. I hope this isn't the case, but my buddy has given me good scoop on SVT etc. well before the papers report it. I guess they tried putting too much content (technology) into the Hurricane and simply couldn't even come close to making a business case that the bean counters would approve.

AG4.0 02-04-2005 09:25 PM

Bad News
http://www.blueovalnews.com/2005/pro...ane04feb05.htm
Lets hope this ins't true

fe8u 02-04-2005 10:40 PM

I think ford is covering something up, I think they need a new engine to much of a gap between 5.4 and the 6.8l v-10.
On another note they should have made the bore spacing bigger on the 4.6 and 5.4 so they would have to design a new engine.

73Fastbackv10 02-04-2005 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by fe8u
I think ford is covering something up, I think they need a new engine to much of a gap between 5.4 and the 6.8l v-10.
On another note they should have made the bore spacing bigger on the 4.6 and 5.4 so they would have to design a new engine.

Great point, let's not forget that they claimed to know nothing about "the Terminator" mustang that became the 03 Cobra. The modular engines are well over 10 years old now, so it's time for a new one.

DOHCmarauder 02-04-2005 11:30 PM

It's dead!!!

I'm getting real disillusioned(sp?) with Ford lately.

No Lightning, No SVT Cobra and now this.

AG4.0 02-05-2005 01:59 AM

A cover up wouldn't surprise me. Ford has been sneaky lately, like with the tow ratings on the new F-150's. Underrating them at first so that when the Titan came out with a higher tow rating, they could counter and still have claim to the highest towing. I also remember about 3 years ago, the reports that said 03 was going to be the last year for the Excursion and the Thunderbird.

Megalodon1 02-05-2005 03:24 AM

Originally Posted by AG4.0
A cover up wouldn't surprise me. Ford has been sneaky lately, like with the tow ratings on the new F-150's. Underrating them at first so that when the Titan came out with a higher tow rating, they could counter and still have claim to the highest towing. I also remember about 3 years ago, the reports that said 03 was going to be the last year for the Excursion and the Thunderbird.

I think there's some assumption here - this seems to be a popular rumor. Perhaps it's true, but it's equally plausible that Ford never "underrated" anything - they may have simply decided to move the already inflated rating higher to keep the new F150 with another bragging right "best this", "best that", "biggest tow hooks" - you know how it goes.

IB Tim 02-05-2005 06:33 AM

A cover up wouldn't surprise me.
Not a cover up at all, the way business is done now days.
And ALL sides do it!

LxMan1 04-13-2008 03:21 AM

Originally Posted by F-Deuce50 (Post 2365816)
My $.02. I think it's going to be a V10. 7.0 DOHC (MODULAR ENGINE) from the 6.8.

UHHH, NO. It is a redesigned block with a larger bore center so that it doesn't need over 4" of stroke just to be a 5.4L. The truck version is 6.2L while the Mustang/crate motor version can be had 7/7/7 format. 7Liter 700hp 7000rpm.

The 09 5.7L Hemi in the trucks will have 380hp with 404lb/ft.
The 6.1L Hemi for the cars IE Challenger is 425hp at this time.

TheNomad 05-11-2008 11:02 PM

The real question is.. how much 50 60 70 grand?
Being rich must kick serious booty
I mean it doesn't really matter even if it had 1000 RW HP only a select few can get them I don't really see how it can help Ford when they don't make any thing for the general populous thats any good in speaking of 0 - 60...
How about stop being wussy's and give the GT's some balls a 02 firebird will stomp a 08 GT stang butt in to the dirt and that was a mid 20's car. But if you want some thing fast from ford you have to sell your soul you wife kids and the house thats why every one laughs at Ford. I went and looked at the Shelby 500 at the ford place and it was in the very high 60s. If I was going to pull a big loan or whatever that big why not spend another few grand and get a Z06 that will blow! the doors off the Shelby.
I know I can hear it coming. Look i'm a ford lover it will be the only thing I will ever drive. Heck I've seen Diesel's pumped up over a 1000HP and in the end the truck only cost 40 not only could it hang with a Shelby but it could pull over sears tower.
I've seen so many stangs look like fools. Just look at the video's on youtube or meta cafe heck just go watch the guys and girls race on the weekends.. So unless they make some thing that will run faster then a raped ape and not cost vital organs I wont be looking in to them any time soon.

benshere 05-23-2008 04:50 PM

7 L

Fordlover55--
From another OF--remember the old late 60's galaxies that were badged as " 7 Liter"? They were actually 428's not 427's. It dosnt add up to the actual conversion, but I guess bragging rights are more important!!

TheNomad 05-24-2008 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by 0523jk (Post 6189020)
自动语音信息服务IVR(公司简介,产品介绍,通知等)  从提高生产效率的角度考虑,呼叫中心呼叫中心系统应该尽量以自动方式为用户提供服务电话录音盒本方案中的自动语音应答系统具有以下特性:电话打入时系统自动播放录制好的IVR欢迎词; IVR业务生成灵活方便,语音卡可以自行设计应答流程及多层结构;每一部分提示语音可自行单独录制; 系统接收、识别并记录来电的主叫号码;(公司简介,产品介绍,通知等)  从提高生产效率的角 度考虑电话监听呼叫中心系统应该尽量以自动方式为用户提供服务。呼叫中心本方案中的自动语音应答系统具有以下特性:电话打入时系统自动播放录制好的IVR欢迎词; IVR业务生成灵活方便,可以自行设计应答流程及多层结构;每一部分提示语音可自行单独录制; 系统接收、识别并记录来电的主叫号码;

What!!! Dude how can we read that....:-X05 and why would you post on a English forum :-X05 thats awesome